Which Viper Truck year is best? 2004, 2005, 2006?

Alberta-SRT said:
It's all relative, some say the 05's have better brakes, but my 04 will put you thru the windshield if you aren't paying attention. Plus brake pads are easy and cheap to change to carbon metallics on an 04. A lot of 05 owners complain about brake noise. The 05's might be easier to drive with the 4:56 gearing but the 04's will get better gas mileage if that matters to you. All 04's came with polished wheels which was an option in 05 even though I have never seen any that were not polished. 05's also have a resonator in the exhaust so most owners change it. With an 04 you can also actually find out your build number.

06's are OK (Except for those hideous headlights) but I like the interior of the earlier years better. The mineral grey and the inferno red are nice colors not available in prior years.

But as I said, it's all relative and everyone will have their own opinion.

Right along all my thoughts as well. Love my 04, first year truck, brakes are awesome, mileage better, I can already burn the tires off with the 4:10s, etc...

But really, you can't go wrong with either an 04 or 05.

Stretch

ctsrt10 said:
04 cause when you insure it it comes up as an ram 1500, my 05 comes up as an srt10

My 04 comes up as a 1500 Ram with Allstate. And, it comes up as a 1500 with the city for Personal Property Taxes.

It was fun to read the sig lines before reading the post

Somehow, I wasn't suprised

TREKER said:
My 06 comes up as a standard 1500 as well with my ins company.

Same here - State Farm insures mine . . .

I bought the truck before even considering insurance. After I thought about it, I thought I had messed up - til I got my quote from the insurance company.

Oh, and to answer the question - 06 is KING!!!! (please see sig!! :p) :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

TREKER said:
My 06 comes up as a standard 1500 as well with my ins company.

My 05 QC had the same. I turned the page and I saw High Performance checked on it way at the bottom. HAHAHA!!!

........... '04 :rock:
When I insured mine the lady on the other end of the phone told me that it was infact a 1500/series Ram, but that she had an 8.3/liter engine..:mad: but did not charge me more.

Quick

Rob Dwyer said:
Help.....which Viper Truck year is best?

2004 + 2005 & 2006 - they are all the best years due to the fact we will never see these great years again!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whatever year you own is the greatest year.

FYI- now that I know Kevin Federline owns a Mineral Grey 06 QC - I will be painting my 10 Black ASAP - Ha Ha!!!!!!

I bought my 05 QC simply because I wanted seating for 6.
That said, my next one will be an 05 CE, just because they are bad $ss cool. Perhaps a black one if I can't find a CE.

pro517 said:
That said, my next one will be an 05 CE, just because they are bad $ss cool. Perhaps a black one if I can't find a CE.

i got an 05 CE...love it and i get alot of heads to turn......even when i let my Father drive mine i turn my head also.....

it all depends on you bro.;)

pro517 said:

You for one my good man are not afraid of speed:congrats: :congrats:

TOPEKA RESULTS
DIVISION 5 INSTANT STATS
Heartland Park Topeka, Topeka, Kan.

Federal-Mogul Dragster
W: Bill Hynes, Fairview, Tex., ‘96 Dragster, 5.534, 246.84
R/U: Darryl Hitchman, Hanford, Calif., no show engine problems

Federal-Mogul Funny Car
W: Stan Smith, Wichita, Kansas, ‘97 Mustang, 5.960, 244.36
R/U: Sam Blue, Red Wing, Minn., 9.420, 94.14 (Lost traction mid track)

Competition
W: Pro517 , Scott City, Kansas, B/A ‘97 Firebird, 7.440, 182.22
R/U: David Myers, Dallas, Tex., B/EA ‘96 Camaro, 8.159, 165.33

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

didnt put ya personal name bo:D

I would have to say 04...Big reason 4:10 gear and Silver colour in
low production numbers...:rock:

amoparman said:
My 04 comes up as a 1500 Ram with Allstate. And, it comes up as a 1500 with the city for Personal Property Taxes.
You damn right, I noticed that. It is good to go Geico reads it as a 1500 so it helps. lol

in an 04 like venom power said better top end unlike him I dropped down to 4th gear doin 115-120 and you talk about pissin people off. 4.10 is a great gear if your not taking her to the strip everyday but then again I have had good numbers with my 4.10 and everybodies right, it all depends on what you want. Know this you won't be disappointed.

Stinker said:
You for one my good man are not afraid of speed:congrats: :congrats:

TOPEKA RESULTS
DIVISION 5 INSTANT STATS
Heartland Park Topeka, Topeka, Kan.

Federal-Mogul Dragster
W: Bill Hynes, Fairview, Tex., ‘96 Dragster, 5.534, 246.84
R/U: Darryl Hitchman, Hanford, Calif., no show engine problems

Federal-Mogul Funny Car
W: Stan Smith, Wichita, Kansas, ‘97 Mustang, 5.960, 244.36
R/U: Sam Blue, Red Wing, Minn., 9.420, 94.14 (Lost traction mid track)

Competition
W: Pro517 , Scott City, Kansas, B/A ‘97 Firebird, 7.440, 182.22
R/U: David Myers, Dallas, Tex., B/EA ‘96 Camaro, 8.159, 165.33

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

didnt put ya personal name bo:D

SOMEONE hit the google button.;)
It was hot out, car didn't perform that well.:dontknow: A win is a win though, right??:rock: :D

Here's a pic for ya Stink, thought you might enjoy this one:

Attachments

• john_fairleigh.jpg
    john_fairleigh.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 31

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back