• I may sell in the near future

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • I'm ready to sale it now

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mine has to go for the following reasons:

1. It isn't useful as a truck because of the bed cover

2. It isn't capable like a sports car since it weighs almost 6k lbs but it beats you up like a sports car

3. It isn't comfortable for cruising (the seats are really uncomfortable)

4. The interior is cheap plastic

5. The wheel wells are the size of the grand canyon and the thing is harder to get in than a 4x4 and lowering it (06 QC) more than 2 inches is impossible without air bagging it.

6. The gas mileage sucks

7. The exhaust sounds horrible and doesn't get much better with aftermarket exhaust unless you make the cabin sound like the inside of a jet engine.

8. These trucks will not go up in value for at least 30 years.

9. These trucks do not get much attention by passers by compared to even a corvette. Yeah yeah, I know, the kid with an STI or a mustang always notices your truck. Big f'in deal.

So to sum it up; it isn't capable as a truck, a sports car, a luxury vehicle, an economy car, or anything else I can think of. It's a big old brick that gets 8mpg. My only question is what the hell was I thinking when I bought this thing? I needed a truck and wanted a sports car. I got neither one. The one good thing that came from the truck; I found this forum.

Sorry to piss on your parade.

I'm definitely keeping it...most likely will keep it forever.

Thanks!

Chris- if you like cheap plastic interiors, check out the CTS-V.
Sure, they gave it the Corvette drivetrain, but they gave it a Chevette interior.

A 6.1L Hemi with an auto will probably be about the same MPG as a 8.3L Viper with a 6-speed.
I'm actually getting BETTER MPG with the truck than I did with my 5.2L/auto Durango.

Also, I'm not a fan of the 06 seats either. 04-05 interiors FTW!

Lastly, I could only get more looks/stares/strangers asking me questions if I had Carmen Electra spread-eagled on the hood.
Face up, of course.

ChrisAZ said:

2. It isn't capable like a sports car since it weighs almost 6k lbs but it beats you up like a sports car

5. The wheel wells are the size of the grand canyon and the thing is harder to get in than a 4x4 and lowering it (06 QC) more than 2 inches is impossible without air bagging it.

6. The gas mileage sucks

7. The exhaust sounds horrible and doesn't get much better with aftermarket exhaust unless you make the cabin sound like the inside of a jet engine.

9. These trucks do not get much attention by passers by compared to even a corvette. Yeah yeah, I know, the kid with an STI or a mustang always notices your truck. Big f'in deal.

So to sum it up; it isn't capable as a truck, a sports car, a luxury vehicle, an economy car, or anything else I can think of. It's a big old brick that gets 8mpg. My only question is what the hell was I thinking when I bought this thing? I needed a truck and wanted a sports car. I got neither one. The one good thing that came from the truck; I found this forum.

Very good honest points but I just don't give a $hit about any of that. I love the truck for what it is......................An American Muscle Truck that has an "I'm in your face and don't give a Puck what you think" look. We didn't buy these trucks for gas mileage, practicality, and commen sense. We bought these trucks because when we went for a test drive the truck put a smile on our faces and satisfied our need for speed. And that is worth more to me than it's practicality.

Just my .02

SrtBrad said:
Very good honest points but I just don't give a $hit about any of that. I love the truck for what it is......................An American Muscle Truck that has an "I'm in your face and don't give a Puck what you think" look. We didn't buy these trucks for gas mileage, practicality, and commen sense. We bought these trucks because when we went for a test drive the truck put a smile on our faces and satisfied our need for speed. And that is worth more to me than it's practicality.

Just my .02

..:dito: ...and as far as "9. These trucks do not get much attention by passers by compared to even a corvette. Yeah yeah, I know, the kid with an STI or a mustang always notices your truck. Big f'in deal.
"..hell, if I got anymore attention I would have to get rid of the truck because people would be calling me all night to tell me how great it looks...Corvette?...wouldnt mind owning one but they are a dime a dozen around here and hardly get a notice.

ChrisAZ said:

6. The gas mileage sucks

I totally agree with you....these trucks are almost worthless to the average car owner, and you better not buy a Viper either because its even worse eg. its noiser, rougher riding, zero room inside, hard to drive, high insurance rates ect.

You either have it or you don't, it takes passion, love and desire to be an SRT owner.
You only live once and thats for a very short period of time so get what makes you happy!:driver:

I wish I hadn't had to get rid of mine. I miss the hell out of it, and I can promise that if the opportunity arises in the future there will be another one in my driveway.

Have only had mine for 1 1/2 years, but it is staying. I will have rebuilt everything on in the drive train in the next month or two, so my investment is high.
As for it not being a sports car, you are right. It will be a super car. :) I plan on whooping the stock sports cars. They better do their homework if they want to get a piece of this.

Westxsrt10 said:
I........................You only live once and thats for a very short period of time so get what makes you happy!:driver:

lookin at your sig you must live a terrible life.....it must be agonizing to try and decide which vehicle you will drive each day..:dontknow: ...I hope to have such a dillema one day...;)

TNVIPER said:
lookin at your sig you must live a terrible life.....it must be agonizing to try and decide which vehicle you will drive each day..:dontknow: ...I hope to have such a dillema one day...;)[/QUOTE]

LOL!:rofl: :rofl: Me too....

Chris, sell your truck to someone that will enjoy it!

I've had mine two years and just have to look at it to bring a big dumb smile
to my face.

I had mine over 3.5 years and still love it just like when I first picked her up. Dont plan on selling at all. Why would I?:dontknow: Gonna go to Home Depot later today pick up some wood, gutters etc.... Couldnt do that in a Viper car or Vette, but I can in my Viper powered truck...........and mine, a RC, and with my mods, feels like a sports car!!! Full throttle in first or second leads to burning rubber!!!:rock: Good times man!!:rock: And lets not forget the stares, thumbs up I get..............stoplights, parking lots, down the road driving......you'd think I was some hot chick with my tits hanging out.............thats how much attention my truck gets!:D My GF gets embarrased with all the attention its gets!:eek:

patrick

ChrisAZ said:

UMM, Remove it..?:dontknow:
Handles better than any truck I'VE owned.
I'm 6'3" 225 & comfy...:dontknow:
??? Did the 06 have crappy int???:dontknow:
Ref to # 3, no problems...
6. The gas mileage sucks
Ya got me there!!!:D :dontknow: :D
I must disagree. I love the way the magnaflow sounds.:rock: :rock:

Who knows?:dontknow:

I for one don't care about that...:dontknow:

I thought it was raining:D :mad: :D

Just me but I think you should have bought a Camaro and an S-10, not SRT10. These trucks are what they are, "COOL TOYS".:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I've had mine for 39 months and paln to keep it for much longer. It does all the work that any of my other trucks do. It still turns a lot of heads. Only problem I have ever had is replacing the door seal that was recalled.

TNVIPER said:
lookin at your sig you must live a terrible life.....it must be agonizing to try and decide which vehicle you will drive each day..:dontknow: ...I hope to have such a dillema one day...;)

TN...i am a old blue collar guy that paid my dues in blood...(union steamfitter 30 years) so have a plan and you too can have the same dillema.:rock:

Have had mine since April 04...still love the hell out of it, but she is up for sale against my choice...thought I had a buyer Friday...no go:dontknow:
When I got the call my heart sank thinking of loosing the 10. I never got the truck with the intent of ever getting rid of her.
She is still in the barn at the moment, but I got to tell you...I am getting tired of pulling 100 plus hours a week to keep above water.

NBT said:
Have had mine since April 04...still love the hell out of it, but she is up for sale against my choice...thought I had a buyer Friday...no go:dontknow:
When I got the call my heart sank thinking of loosing the 10. I never got the truck with the intent of ever getting rid of her.
She is still in the barn at the moment, but I got to tell you...I am getting tired of pulling 100 plus hours a week to keep above water.
I feel your pain bro,I have been there. You will get back on your feet,And something great will be waiting for you.All the best to you and yours.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back