Why an Owners Association?

I think we don't even worry about VOA at all. Just go directly to SRT. Keep VTCOA/VTOA its own group and that has no relationship with any other club. We can join in meets with other clubs, but we are our own club. Viper owners doesn't want viper trucks in their organization. Just the way its going to be. Just get this one started and we won't need to join into any other.

To Be Clear!!!!!!!

We DON"T want to be part of the VOA...!!!!

We want to build a relationship where Viper Truck Owners have events around the country that they can attend and are openly welcomed by the VOA. The problem is we don't drive Vipers, we Drive Viper Trucks. it's scares the hell out of them. We have way to many Viper Truck Owners that are to far away from Texas or the Southeast and there are no RAM SRT-10 events. Building the relationship will help but is not a complete solution. Build an organized body will bring us to the "Serious" side of the coin instead of just being a bunch of people goofing off on the internet.

Why the VOA, there is a direct connection between the VOA and SRT, and thats another place where a relationship needs to be built.

The other option is we just ignore the Vipers and concentrate on events that SRT has.

Vj

We tried as we thought it would be beneficial to join with them. But the comments and reactions on the VOA, we are better off on our own.

I think we don't even worry about VOA at all. Just go directly to SRT. Keep VTCOA/VTOA its own group and that has no relationship with any other club. We can join in meets with other clubs, but we are our own club. Viper owners doesn't want viper trucks in their organization. Just the way its going to be. Just get this one started and we won't need to join into any other.

I might be able to help with the SRT portion. I will send out an email this weekend.

We tried as we thought it would be beneficial to join with them. But the comments and reactions on the VOA, we are better off on our own.

Yes, agreed,

I'm just over it. National has no interest.... what so ever! Even though they had led me to believe something else. I think when the overwelming numerber of people left the VCA to the VOA, the VOA quickly did damage control on the SRT-10 RAM and owners by back peddling very quickly. The local Viper events and SRT events is just the direction we need to go

I need to send some emails

Vj

Sounds like a plan guys, keep updates on this thread going.....

Why not focus on bringing the VIPER TRUCK CLUB OF AMERICA into the spot light, instead of being the club within a club....
Good question.

We would be better off starting our own owners association
Isn't that what the VTCoA is?

We want to build a relationship where Viper Truck Owners have events around the country that they can attend and are openly welcomed by the VOA.
Who is "we"? I challenge you to find 50 SRT10 Ram owners who will financially commit to attending a single one of these events.

The other option is we just ignore the Vipers and concentrate on events that SRT has.
Isn't that what everyone else has been saying?

Clue me in here, guys: what is the difference in what you are trying to create and what this forum already is?

You can't be that stupid :eek:

I genuinely don't understand the interest in creating a "for pay" club for SRT10 owners. I asked a respectful question. Is it too much to expect a respectful answer? If so, let me know and I will be happy to bring a different tone to this thread.

Its not organized. Do you really consider VTCOA a club? Right now, its just a forum and of course it will stay that way and now we need organization to become a club. I feel to get more interest in the Ram SRT10 is that there needs to be more srt10 meets and the only way to do that is to "organize" the club so that we can have these GTG.

I genuinely don't understand the interest in creating a "for pay" club for SRT10 owners. I asked a respectful question. Is it too much to expect a respectful answer? If so, let me know and I will be happy to bring a different tone to this thread.

fair enough, I thought you were doing one of your stirring the pot routines :eek:

The goal is to become organized, work together as a group and become more visible across the country.

Dues? at this point there is no plan to do so, if we did, we would use the dues to help purchase banners and flags for the local group for when they go to GTG's. As you may guess, that is not really an issue at this poit. No sense in buying anything that no one will use.

GTG's....
If your in Texas or the Southeast, there seems to be a number of GTG's to go to. SD, UT, WY, MT, WA, OR, NV, NB, DE, VT, ME, WV, VA and the list goes on, GTG's are far and few between. Hooking up at Viper events that happen in just about every state several times a month would be good for those that don't live in a place with lots of RAM SRT-10 GTG's.

Racing, not that the Vipers would invite us, but wouldn't it be cool to show them they are not their fathers pick-up

SRT, they are aware of us but really don't see us very often to openly invite us. driveSRT did try at one time to get the VTCoA involved, but there was no organization to take advantage of the offer. They even invited the VTCoA to the unveiling of the 2013 Viper in New York... Again, no organization to take advantage.

Whats wrong with what we have now.... nothing. We can continue doing what we do and never grow. People come, people go and that is the cycle of Viper Trucks.

Flip side

We have something happening all the time, things to do, fun to be had. Not all area will be active, we have to build were we can. Maybe folks that drop by see that we have direction and things to do other than insults (yes I'm guilty) and talking about stewart.

Being organized I think would also be a plus for the Vendors. The more units made, a lot of times, the price can go down, I think everyone would be happy about that.

I see lots of plus's and lots of road blocks. We can either put forward an effort or not. I would like us to put forward an effort

Vj:eek:

Its not organized. Do you really consider VTCOA a club? Right now, its just a forum and of course it will stay that way and now we need organization to become a club. I feel to get more interest in the Ram SRT10 is that there needs to be more srt10 meets and the only way to do that is to "organize" the club so that we can have these GTG.

My point is that we have the means in our laps minus the direction and organization.... No need to form a club within a club...As far as the GTGs go, how many members can say they organized 1 gtg....and ive had my 10- 2 years this march...

Last edited:
I only "stir the pot" to generate discourse/encourage independent thought, not to cause drama. So, in a way, I am stirring the pot :).

Sounds like the goal of a club would be to generate interest in our trucks through organized leadership. Perhaps more organization/leadership amoungst existing members would achieve the same goal? There are many, many members on his forum that never post, let alone consider attending a GTG. These are the folks you should be targeting, IMO.

i'm following this now, especially as i get closer to buying a viper car, but i don't see the light on another club, either?

even if i keep my truck, why wouldn't we use the vtcoa as the basis for our undertaking? it's already established, already has a forum for users, vendors, "political leaders", etc., some of us already pay to be a member here... it just seems to make the most sense to me...

what am i missing that the vtcoa (as an entity) couldn't provide?

i'm following this now, especially as i get closer to buying a viper car, but i don't see the light on another club, either?

even if i keep my truck, why wouldn't we use the vtcoa as the basis for our undertaking? it's already established, already has a forum for users, vendors, "political leaders", etc., some of us already pay to be a member here... it just seems to make the most sense to me...

what am i missing that the vtcoa (as an entity) couldn't provide?

Thats the plan. We are not going to be starting up a new site. We want to make this one the hub of the club we do want to organize(which as of right now, we are not an organized club). We want to have the srt10 be seen as a truck that isn't going away anytime soon. We just need to be a better organized group that we finally can call a club.

fair enough, I thought you were doing one of your stirring the pot routines :eek:

The goal is to become organized, work together as a group and become more visible across the country.

Dues? at this point there is no plan to do so, if we did, we would use the dues to help purchase banners and flags for the local group for when they go to GTG's. As you may guess, that is not really an issue at this poit. No sense in buying anything that no one will use.

GTG's....
If your in Texas or the Southeast, there seems to be a number of GTG's to go to. SD, UT, WY, MT, WA, OR, NV, NB, DE, VT, ME, WV, VA and the list goes on, GTG's are far and few between. Hooking up at Viper events that happen in just about every state several times a month would be good for those that don't live in a place with lots of RAM SRT-10 GTG's.

Racing, not that the Vipers would invite us, but wouldn't it be cool to show them they are not their fathers pick-up

SRT, they are aware of us but really don't see us very often to openly invite us. driveSRT did try at one time to get the VTCoA involved, but there was no organization to take advantage of the offer. They even invited the VTCoA to the unveiling of the 2013 Viper in New York... Again, no organization to take advantage.

Whats wrong with what we have now.... nothing. We can continue doing what we do and never grow. People come, people go and that is the cycle of Viper Trucks.

Flip side

We have something happening all the time, things to do, fun to be had. Not all area will be active, we have to build were we can. Maybe folks that drop by see that we have direction and things to do other than insults (yes I'm guilty) and talking about stewart.

Being organized I think would also be a plus for the Vendors. The more units made, a lot of times, the price can go down, I think everyone would be happy about that.

I see lots of plus's and lots of road blocks. We can either put forward an effort or not. I would like us to put forward an effort

Vj:eek:

I was there, nobody else wanted to meet me there.

My point is that we have the means in our laps minus the direction and organization.... No need to form a club within a club...As far as the GTGs go, how many members can say they organized 1 gtg....and ive had my 10- 2 years this march...

I, as well as other regional reps, have set up GTGs. The most attended one was Atco last month where 5 members showed up. It is hard to set up a GTG that works with everyone's schedule as you are aware, because you are always trying to get owners together.

I only "stir the pot" to generate discourse/encourage independent thought, not to cause drama. So, in a way, I am stirring the pot :).

Sounds like the goal of a club would be to generate interest in our trucks through organized leadership. Perhaps more organization/leadership amoungst existing members would achieve the same goal? There are many, many members on his forum that never post, let alone consider attending a GTG. These are the folks you should be targeting, IMO.

You?!?! Stir the pot?!?! I find that very hard to believe. :D

Hi,

Just went on Facebook to check all SRT 10 related sites and was wondering,
if it would make sense (once the VTOA is established) to roll it out on a dedicated site on FB as well.

You reach out to more SRT10 drivers than purely on this Forum and possibly get more attention by the SRT officials. Easier to connect with them and be seen as a part of their organisation.

What do you think ?

I personally know it from the AMG owners club which is highly respected by Mercedes itself.

Arne

One of the reasons to have an association so it is world wide and not viewed as just American. Still working on a few things, I know, it's moving pretty slow, but it's moving

Have you been watching the thread on VOA, people don't know when to just end it so I haven't yet either!!!! LOL

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back