Will I be the 5th or 6th?

I missed 4th once, at the track and I have in car video of it. Congrats on nearing completion Pete. Just work out the kinks and you will be very happy!!

Pulled the codes this morning.

P0753
P0720
P1763

Each of the codes are all automatic transmission related. I thought that once I installed the tune, that information would be "deleted" or modified so that the computer never even sees the automatic transmission or un-plugged connectors.

It was suggested that I re-install the tune. I will do that when I get home regardless.

I missed 4th once, at the track and I have in car video of it. Congrats on nearing completion Pete. Just work out the kinks and you will be very happy!!

You know whats interesting though?

Even though the clutch is toast - I almost went into 2nd and the damn thing screeched the tires.
The only thing I am really worried about is that damn metal-to-metal tapping from under the truck.
It really is loud :(

I have an aluminum drive shaft so does E ours came from the same company,and as for the hole in the floor I went to autozone and bought a cheap shifter boot to seal my floor and the console covers it,and the last thing your number six as I am number five lol sounds like the list is going to continue to grow though

Well I found my vibration/ metal-to-metal problem.

It seems the rubber part of the custom driveshaft has disintegrated after 5 miles.

DSC01292_zps7cdaae7e.jpg

DSC01294_zpse118042a.jpg

DSC01295_zpsbe429030.jpg

DSC01293_zps75433ce0.jpg

Also, Is the transmission yoke supposed to be out this much? There can only be like 1.5-2" at max that is gripping onto the transmission.

DSC01296_zpsd5f90ed7.jpg

So… I need to order a custom one-piece driveshaft. To those that have it on their T56 equipped Quad Cabs, please chime in as I need to order one ASAP.

This truck is my daily.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks and no there should not be that much of it sticking out and if you want to text me I will give you all the info on my aluminum shaft 6189264457

I went with one piece drive shaft, truck runs great, I'll start upgrading stuff now,

Gonna order a one-piece aluminum driveshaft on Monday.

Gives me a good opportunity to fix the warm-up enrichment on my Avenger and get it running properly as that is my back up car.

What holes did you drill on the trans mount? Everything should've lined right up, take a picture real quick you might be missing a bracket on the trans crossmember that the RC trucks have and the QC doesn't have

Its the triangular bracket that attaches to the rubberized mount and the transmission. it was a little short of the holes. Just had to drill a couple more holes an inch closer to the transmission and everything bolted together fine. I can take some pics tonight.

Its the triangular bracket that attaches to the rubberized mount and the transmission. it was a little short of the holes. Just had to drill a couple more holes an inch closer to the transmission and everything bolted together fine. I can take some pics tonight.

You ever get the pictures?

Looks like something was bound up? Is your truck lowered or stock height? You can see where the seal used to ride on yoke, yours is out a bit. Carrier bearing suck and the Main reason we go to a one piece shaft. I did, however, use a two piece on mine for over a year with no issue. I wanted reduced weight and a one piece therefore I upgraded. That tranny mount could be causing issue as well. No sure how you drilled holes to make it work cause its seemed to be a couple inches off last I remember.:burnout:

Get the one piece aluminum driveshaft, it is super light!!

If u have a triangular bracket for the tranny you have the wrong one. Thats for an 06 which are different then the 05. Everything should have bolted up perfect. You have the yoke at the wrong angle that's what fucked up your carrier

If u have a triangular bracket for the tranny you have the wrong one. Thats for an 06 which are different then the 05. Everything should have bolted up perfect. You have the yoke at the wrong angle that's what fucked up your carrier

Kinda what I was thinkin

Yoke at the wrong angle? I don't understand. It seemed like it could only go in one way.

The triangular piece/bracket was bolted to the automatic tranny that came out of my truck. The transmission mount that I had (brand new) was identical to the one that came off of the automatic transmission. Have not had a chance to take pics of that mount yet. I had to drill 2 holes in that triangular piece in order to bolt it to the cross-member.

I just ordered the aluminum driveshaft a couple of hours ago. Have to send them my Yoke, however, so that it can be balanced.

Will send that tomorrow morning.

The carrier bearing was fine and that U shaped bracket were fine and fit together snugly when we installed the drivetrain. It did not make the noise right away. Only after a few miles did we hear and feel a vibration.

The only hiccup we had at all was that there was thick blue paint on the end of the custom short driveshaft and that we had to use a lot of force to get the long driveshaft on to it.

Nah man you are missing a bracket that goes inbetween the trans mount and crossmember it raises the tail of the trans up a little, so yeah that's probably what killed your support bearing

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back