X-Metal Throttle Body

Stinker said:
had the same prob with my hennessy tb venom, if its sticking its a serious issue, send it back to Gary until its right, u def dont want it sticking bro

but it looks pretty......:D

My RSI had the pulsing issue....it can be adjusted but this seems to be an issue with aftermarket TBs.....

Nowwhat said:

My RSI had the pulsing issue....it can be adjusted but this seems to be an issue with aftermarket TBs.....

yeah the sticking is my concern, the rest can be handled, but dude the sticking?
take care of that monday venom , VERY VERY dangerous:(

you def dont want to be haulin ass to work monday at 80+mph and get ready to off ramp and it stick on ya, or rev out to 5000+rpms and go to shift and it stick and pop the engine bro

Fast Fred. if you have not put that on yet. I can do it. I am in Livermore. Let me know.

I just put mine on over the weekend. Runs very well however I am also getting a pulsing with the cruise ctrl on. Almost makes it tough to drive :confused: . Seems ok without the cruise. Any thoughts:dontknow:
Al

aac426 said:
I just put mine on over the weekend. Runs very well however I am also getting a pulsing with the cruise ctrl on. Almost makes it tough to drive :confused: . Seems ok without the cruise. Any thoughts:dontknow:
Al
al is this on a Viper car? is it an aftermarket cruise control?
it sounds like a cruise issue, becuase the idle and throttle response is good. a TB is such a simple device (mechanically speaking) that it wouldnt have an effect on the cruise. make sure you dont have a vaccum leak on the cruise module or the fitting onthe bottom of the throttle body, put a hose clamp on the rubber push fitting there, and or that cable is out of adjustment. thats very wierd. let me know what you find out, and how i can help.

Venom Power said:
I had mine installed yesterday. But I discovered I am having a minor idle issue where it's just above 1200 rpms and the idle is pulsing. Likely it's the TPS. Also, the accelerator did stick once and kept me at 3000 rpm until I shifted up. I just need to spend a little more time adjusting it I suppose... Or I'll call Gary for assistance. But as far as the performance, the throttle response is definately quicker and it IS some serious eye candy.... Thanks Gary..
put a hose clamp on the bottom fitting on the throttle body-those lines go to the vaccum solenod that vents the gas tank etc, and you could suck air right there. make sure that per the instructions the blade has been centered on all four sides-at the same time.-we also had an incident like this after our GTG in may---after all day of drag racing, onthe way home Bills truck started surging and holding the RPMS around 3000rpm. i first thougt his idle air control valve was bad or his TB linkage was hanging up. it was NEITHER>
what we found was right behind the TB on the bottom of the intake their is a second vaccum fitting. when he had a Coldair intake put on, they put a chessy vaccum cap on it. and the heat from the engine after being dragged all day,. made the rubber soft and the vauccum cap fell off. you cant see this fitting unless you take the TB off, and or look over in thru the intake between the front runners towards the TB.--so make sure all of the vaccum conecctions are tight and have hose clamps on them-also check the one in the rear that goes to the master cylinder etc.

BOOMER said:
put a hose clamp on the bottom fitting on the throttle body-those lines go to the vaccum solenod that vents the gas tank etc, and you could suck air right there. make sure that per the instructions the blade has been centered on all four sides-at the same time.-we also had an incident like this after our GTG in may---after all day of drag racing, onthe way home Bills truck started surging and holding the RPMS around 3000rpm. i first thougt his idle air control valve was bad or his TB linkage was hanging up. it was NEITHER>
what we found was right behind the TB on the bottom of the intake their is a second vaccum fitting. when he had a Coldair intake put on, they put a chessy vaccum cap on it. and the heat from the engine after being dragged all day,. made the rubber soft and the vauccum cap fell off. you cant see this fitting unless you take the TB off, and or look over in thru the intake between the front runners towards the TB.--so make sure all of the vaccum conecctions are tight and have hose clamps on them-also check the one in the rear that goes to the master cylinder etc.
We put a clamp on that one vp, the hose is to big for the fitting thats what the trip to autozone was for....

noid said:
Fast Fred. if you have not put that on yet. I can do it. I am in Livermore. Let me know.
thank you for the offer ......( P M sent)

Last edited:
Nowwhat said:

maybe with your TB it is....................but then again, you are the engineering authority.........;)

BOOMER said:
maybe with your TB it is....................but then again, you are the engineering authority.........;)

geez...

yeah you're right...

my RSI pulsed....Stinker's Hennessey TB pulsed and several of yours pulsed...but maybe it isn't a trend....:D ...maybe it is a conspiracy....but remember kids they look pretty....

Nowwhat said:
geez...

yeah you're right...

my RSI pulsed....Stinker's Hennessey TB pulsed and several of yours pulsed...but maybe it isn't a trend....:D ...maybe it is a conspiracy....but remember kids they look pretty....
lets put this into a perspective that pertains to you.....
your chemical engineer that designs your hair shampoo, has irefutable data that your shampoo makes hair soft and shiny.

my hair stylist has done very many respectable client's hair and swears that certain shampoo's dont do didly sqaut, BUT yet, my stylist has NEVER used your product, but insists it wont help, and it will cause my scalp to itch---

but mind you, my stylist has never used your product, and yet makes these claims.

and my stylists has a client that has never done a head of hair, or does hair for a living, or have a chemical engeering degree, says the same thing, but neither my stylist or a client of my stylist has ever used your product, but insists to know the nature of your products better than the chemical engineer that designed them for you.

Last edited:
Hey Mike... is the company you own called Alterna... (or something like that..) the company that has been in and out of the news for having hemp oils in their products.....

I read somewhere on here that you deal with shampoos... and the like... but though it was a joke... but now I am having second thoughts on that....

Maybe I am way off base here.... I just remember seeing the company name someplace... and your name being mentioned...... and I just put 2+2 together....

azpyroguy said:
Hey Mike... is the company you own called Alterna... (or something like that..) the company that has been in and out of the news for having hemp oils in their products.....

I read somewhere on here that you deal with shampoos... and the like... but though it was a joke... but now I am having second thoughts on that....

Maybe I am way off base here.... I just remember seeing the company name someplace... and your name being mentioned...... and I just put 2+2 together....

Maybe Mike could start a new product line of hemp based TB oil :dontknow: :dontknow: :D :D :p

azpyroguy said:

http://www.marijuananews.com/marijuananews/cowan/hawaii_gets_dea_permission_to_gr.htm

Could it be?????????????????????

About Alterna:

Since incorporating hemp seed oil into its products as of January 1998, Alterna Professional Hair Care Products has undertaken an aggressive national hemp education campaign, called Learn More, which is designed to dispel myths and misinformation about the marked differences between hemp and marijuana.

Proactive in its approach to educate the nation of hemp's many environmental, economic and cosmetic benefits, Alterna holds fast to two proven facts: hemp is not marijuana and hemp is not a drug.

A consummate education advocate, Alterna conducts industrial hemp essay contests in high schools across the nation, awarding college scholarship funds. The sponsorship of the historical hemp test plot in Hawaii is a demonstration of the company's continued commitment to the hemp movement.

"Alterna feels a responsibility to help support America's farmers and affording them the opportunity to grow industrial hemp for American-made products is our ultimate goal," said Mike Brady, president of Alterna's Professional Hair Care Products. "Funding the test plots in Hawaii is an honor for us and we urge other hemp industrialists to be pro-active and to offer private funding for hemp test plots in states that will follow Hawaii's precedent-setting lead."

Contact - Alterna Applied Research Laboratories
Kimberlee Mitchell
310/824-2508, ext. 258

For more hemp articles see Hemp and http://www.mapinc.org/hemp.htm and www.hempology.org
A:D :D :D :D :D

includemeout said:
http://www.marijuananews.com/marijuananews/cowan/hawaii_gets_dea_permission_to_gr.htm

Could it be?????????????????????

About Alterna:

Since incorporating hemp seed oil into its products as of January 1998, Alterna Professional Hair Care Products has undertaken an aggressive national hemp education campaign, called Learn More, which is designed to dispel myths and misinformation about the marked differences between hemp and marijuana.

Proactive in its approach to educate the nation of hemp's many environmental, economic and cosmetic benefits, Alterna holds fast to two proven facts: hemp is not marijuana and hemp is not a drug.

A consummate education advocate, Alterna conducts industrial hemp essay contests in high schools across the nation, awarding college scholarship funds. The sponsorship of the historical hemp test plot in Hawaii is a demonstration of the company's continued commitment to the hemp movement.

"Alterna feels a responsibility to help support America's farmers and affording them the opportunity to grow industrial hemp for American-made products is our ultimate goal," said Mike Brady, president of Alterna's Professional Hair Care Products. "Funding the test plots in Hawaii is an honor for us and we urge other hemp industrialists to be pro-active and to offer private funding for hemp test plots in states that will follow Hawaii's precedent-setting lead."

Contact - Alterna Applied Research Laboratories
Kimberlee Mitchell
310/824-2508, ext. 258

For more hemp articles see Hemp and http://www.mapinc.org/hemp.htm and www.hempology.org
A:D :D :D :D :D

could be....:D

Nowwhat said:

Gary....this was not meant as a slam....how can you take umbrage with this post...?

My RSI pulsed....after adjustment....all good.....Hennessey pulsed.....now a couple of your customers are saying yours pulsed....

where did I mis-state facts...????/

10 HP is NOT worth $590

todd hughes said:
No, I dont have any pictures. The throttle body is polished with a wide open throat. Yes, there is a big difference in the throttle response. It added 10 more hp to the back wheels. It cost $590.00 and is worth every penny of it!
If your intersted you can call Gary @ 812-477-1740.

AWDisuzu said:
10 HP is NOT worth $590

Maybe not but the bling it hands up IS worth it.
VTCoA191.jpg

Back