Daughter killed by father for not wearing Muslims garb

In Iraq, I had to talk to the Marine commander about what his soldiers were doing. Their eyeing and hoot calling to the local women were getting them killed by their fathers and husband.

It's was is know as Honor killing.

The father killing his daughter is considered the norm where he came from, and it is done to save the family face.

His reaction should have been expected by the daughter, and she, in his eyes, was totally disrespecting the family and the customs and laws of his beliefs.

But since he did it in a foreign country, Canada, with different laws from which he came from, he now will have to be tried, and most likely convicted for his actions.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but I also have an understanding what is going on inside his head.

We are dealing (here) with a 6th century culture and mindset.

They give every appearance that there's very little value placed on human life....

D

Django said:

They give every appearance that there's very little value placed on human life....

D

Call me 6th century but I place no value on the fathers life.

To bad this didn't happen in Texas so we can keep our apperances up:D

Django said:

D
Tim did you get my message? How are things going

1qksrt said:
You are right again Prof.
When writing comments,One should pay close attention to punctuation and spelling.I am by no means an english scholar,and sometimes I refrain from posting because I,m not sure how to correctly express myself.
Other times,I say "what the hell" and post anyway.
On the subject of taking an innocent life,I believe the father would of done justice to his religion(and daughter) if he better explained to his daughter the reason of the covering of her face!!The bottom line is that I believe the father should be punished to fullest extent of the law.Reguardless of his beliefs!!

Speak your mind...your expressive talents will continually improve. We will ask for clarification when needed. This is family, your opinion matters.

iraqivet01 said:
In Iraq, I had to talk to the Marine commander about what his soldiers were doing. Their eyeing and hoot calling to the local women were getting them killed by their fathers and husband.

It's was is know as Honor killing.

The father killing his daughter is considered the norm where he came from, and it is done to save the family face.

His reaction should have been expected by the daughter, and she, in his eyes, was totally disrespecting the family and the customs and laws of his beliefs.

But since he did it in a foreign country, Canada, with different laws from which he came from, he now will have to be tried, and most likely convicted for his actions.

I'm not saying what he did was right, but I also have an understanding what is going on inside his head.

This is the essence of understanding and correctness. When we are there we need to heed their customs...when someone is here they should abide by ours...it is simple consideration and it is often lost in our xenophobic mind sets.

Super discussion...you folks :rock: :rock: :rock:

iraqivet01 said:
The father killing his daughter is considered the norm where he came from.....

Now why do these people leave their home countries and think that their new host country will accept their customs/culture? The father is an idiot as well as a murderer.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Now why do these people leave their home countries and think that their new host country will accept their customs/culture? The father is an idiot as well as a murderer.

patrick

I wanted to remain silent Pat but to answer your question it's probably because our government and some silly individuals in it. They collectively tend to make them think it is okay to come and impose their customs and cultures on the "host" country. Just look at what's happening today. A little complaining from newcomers along with protests from some Americans (yes Protestants) and the Christian religion is removed from everyday American life. Removed from various places like schools, court houses, Christmas (i.e. X-mas), etc... And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised... I wouldn't be the LEAST bit surprised if "one nation under God" is altered as well. How about we make them cease accepting American money as wages since it says "In GOD We Trust" on it.

I ask, what religion were the majority of the Middle Eastern countries founded on? We couldn't change that, and to the group that does.. believe me my hats off to them. Try preaching Christianity in the Middle East and see how long you continue to simply.. breath. Our country was founded upon the freedom of religion by Protestant Christians... All appearances to the contrary PROMOTING FREEDOM OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION.. meaning various beliefs in it. But our government lets the words of our founding fathers become warped as an attempt to remain politically correct so we won't hurt peoples' feelings. Yes this is a melting pot but c'mon man there's GOT to be limits.

Can I stop ranting now?:dontknow:

Annu Kumar said:
Tim did you get my message? How are things going

Better today, Annu.......

And thanks for the call........ I've just been so busy digging my way out of a huge hole.....

Your thoughtfulness was (and is) much appreciated.....

D

Venom Power said:
I wanted to remain silent Pat but to answer your question it's probably because our government and some silly individuals in it. They collectively tend to make them think it is okay to come and impose their customs and cultures on the "host" country. Just look at what's happening today. A little complaining from newcomers along with protests from some Americans (yes Protestants) and the Christian religion is removed from everyday American life. Removed from various places like schools, court houses, Christmas (i.e. X-mas), etc... And I wouldn't be the least bit surprised... I wouldn't be the LEAST bit surprised if "one nation under God" is altered as well. How about we make them cease accepting American money as wages since it says "In GOD We Trust" on it.

I ask, what religion were the majority of the Middle Eastern countries founded on? We couldn't change that, and to the group that does.. believe me my hats off to them. Try preaching Christianity in the Middle East and see how long you continue to simply.. breath. Our country was founded upon the freedom of religion by Protestant Christians... All appearances to the contrary PROMOTING FREEDOM OF CHRISTIAN RELIGION.. meaning various beliefs in it. But our government lets the words of our founding fathers become warped as an attempt to remain politically correct so we won't hurt peoples' feelings. Yes this is a melting pot but c'mon man there's GOT to be limits.

Can I stop ranting now?:dontknow:

The National Park Service has a very interesting page on what "religion" this country was established under and what the actual intent of the founding fathers was. You kind of need to read through it all but the last two paragraphs frame a little what they intended to do, and what some wanted to do.

http://www.nps.gov/revwar/about_the_revolution/religion.html

I found it interesting to read. Read the last paragraph and you can not debate the words of religious freedom. It means ALL religions. Every single one of them. The founding fathers were much smarter than us, the use god in a lot of our money and other things does not support much of any religion. Most all religions have a concept of god. So in god we trust, is more, in a higher power we trust.

I'll get off my shoebox:)

-jeff

Last edited:
OCBob said:
Here's the thing though Prof, this guy is probably a hero at his mosque and at mosques around the world. For them to accept this behavior and to even encourage it makes them all guilty. Where the hell are the Islamic leaders speaking out about these atrocities? Oh yeah, that's right, they're busy trying to convince teenagers to strap bombs around their waists.

This is absoutly true.. in toronto they are all praising him saying he is such a hero and he did the right thing , and they are trying to say that they should let him go free.. also they want to have there own court to try the case ruled by there own rules.. and well obvioulsy he would be given a pat on the back for doing the right thing.... and the sick part about this . is ontario almost gave them there own court to deal with there own problems with in there own religinon.. and luckly ppl fliped the fuk out when they heard this a year ago and a stop was put to it... but say the dummass politions did follow threw with this.. that would be a free man... now thats messed up

mopower1958 said:
I have some friends who were in Afghanastan in an infantry battalion and they said at night it was disgusting to be on patrol and catch them in the act.

Poor goats.:(

mopower1958 said:
If you will remember this is the same religion that flew plains into the World Trade Center and killed thousands of innocent people, and the same religion that thinks sex with goats is ok.

pag-15.jpg

Prof said:

I'm assuming that is to indicate tunnel vision or a narrow point of view.

The one thing I want to remind you Roy is the news stories of people dancing in the streets of some muslum nations celibrating what happened. This act of war was supported by the masses in many of those countries.

Just finished watching CBS Special...Muslims Speak...

Willing to bet that none of those who have posted anti-Muslim comments here watched it.

This may be wild-eyed...but I suggest that everyone look up a Muslim mosque, walk in and ask what they feel about the terrorists. I deal daily with Muslim students that are horrified at the actions of the terrorists. There are 1.3 Billion Muslims in the world...a very small percentage are terrorists...it is not about religion, it is about radical people.

We have had a few Muslims here, but our own radical people here have chased most of them away...if any of you think we can have an honest dialog about Muslims without Muslim participation you are fooling yourself. Stereotyping is wrong, at a minimum we need to refer to terrorists, not Muslim's...the attribution of the terrorist label to all Muslims is unjust and, yes, very narrow minded.

Last edited:
Well Prof, I still have to disagree with you. Where are these good Muslims? Why aren't they outraged by these terrorist acts? Why aren't they cleaning their own houses? How can radical fundamentalists attain the control of entire nations? How can they stand by and watch these people tear apart their "religion of peace"? Why aren't the leaders of this religion casting off those that would declare war on the world?

If one of my Brothers commits an atrocious act, it is my job to make sure it doesn't happen again. If I sit by and let it continue to happen, I am equally guilty.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back