05 QC vs redneck owned chipped duramax

For some reason I really have a hard time imagining a diesel running against a truck that was actually designed with going fast as it's main purpose.

Agreed. And after driving a friend's max, that's EXACTLY why I bought one. It's built to haul stuff OR ass. :D

Get some then...
I guess some get embarrassed that their truck is only really good for speed, but an ACTUALLY USEFUL truck can keep up with/or beat them. Wonder why these 10's don't hold a lot of resale value...... And DMax's do....
poke[1].gif

Last edited:
Man there's always something faster. I'm not saying you can't make a diesel badass I'm saying the average 10 will walk the average diesel without breaking a sweat, and there's more than a few trucks on here you will never beat no matter how much money you dump into your rig. Anyway I gotta be up for work at 5am so to be continued. Oh yeah and there's a couple guys who use these as work trucks/daily drivers who would question you saying they are useless other than for speed.

Man there's always something faster. I'm not saying you can't make a diesel badass I'm saying the average 10 will walk the average diesel without breaking a sweat, and there's more than a few trucks on here you will never beat no matter how much money you dump into your rig. Anyway I gotta be up for work at 5am so to be continued. Oh yeah and there's a couple guys who use these as work trucks/daily drivers who would question you saying they are useless other than for speed.

I'm not talking the average Diesel, talking the average DMax. Cause I can say the average DMax will walk the average Gasser P/U. Now 10 vs Dmax from what I've seen guys saying stock and fast times, are close, sure won't be "no sweat" And I can tow 16K, a 10 CAN'T. I've used a JETTA to haul a lawn mower or some bags of cement and sand, but a heavy load is different. There's a 10 in the low 9's?? Cause there's a 2500 DMax there. And the Bank's sponsored DMax truck is in the 7's.......Just saying. :D

I'm not talking the average Diesel, talking the average DMax. Cause I can say the average DMax will walk the average Gasser P/U. Now 10 vs Dmax from what I've seen guys saying stock and fast times, are close, sure won't be "no sweat" And I can tow 16K, a 10 CAN'T. I've used a JETTA to haul a lawn mower or some bags of cement and sand, but a heavy load is different. There's a 10 in the low 9's?? Cause there's a 2500 DMax there. And the Bank's sponsored DMax truck is in the 7's.......Just saying. :D

In all seriousness... a DMax runs high-13s stock? I don't know the answer... I'm not being sarcastic.

No one would buy an SRT-10 to tow very heavy loads. That doesn't mean they can't be very nice daily drivers, and it doesn't make them useless.

You buy what you _need_, right?

As far as super fast diesels... there are many out there, and can be modded very easily to go fast.

i think the dmax is the shizz ive got my piece walked buy a few..srt 10's kinda suck//even tho i do like mine,i will give it to the dmax..its far better

In all seriousness... a DMax runs high-13s stock? I don't know the answer... I'm not being sarcastic.

No one would buy an SRT-10 to tow very heavy loads. That doesn't mean they can't be very nice daily drivers, and it doesn't make them useless.

You buy what you _need_, right?

As far as super fast diesels... there are many out there, and can be modded very easily to go fast.

IDK what a stock LBZ will run on the 1/4. I want to try though. I'm sure a 10 can be DD no problem. I DD my truck more than I Tow/Haul. I just like the Ricer POSes pulling up to me and getting cooked by a huge f'king truck. Last Wednesday went to a little car "show" GTG with a bunch of kiddies and their ricers. Raced 3, beat 3. Integra (non red badge) Del-Sol (Embarrassing to even race, That one was murder:chain:) and A civic with the red badge (Fast, surprised me, definitely not stock, but he lost by some lengths none-the-less) Now I have to see if I can get my buddy to race me with his 10, cause it's stock, and I wanna see how they line up..... He is however a pussy, so he may not race, I'll see if I can goat him into it. :D

Last edited:
i think the dmax is the shizz ive got my piece walked buy a few..srt 10's kinda suck//even tho i do like mine,i will give it to the dmax..its far better

?? Ever driven one???

Do it, and you may be trading....... Just a thought.:rock:

ya bruh ive driven a few. thats why i say it really is better.. they are an amazing machine for real..ill get rid of the dodge and get one some day

ya bruh ive driven a few. thats why i say it really is better.. they are an amazing machine for real..ill get rid of the dodge and get one some day

Lol 8 posts and a pic of someone else's 10 in his avatar. Lol. We have a winner. Ops I mean loser.

who the **** are you bruh?. how re you going to say thats not my truck..from looking at this site there is alot of blacked out trucks

listen asshole. its not carls truck ok it mine!.. have you noticed how many blacked out trucks there are on here? GTFO!! im not a troll either btw

listen asshole. its not carls truck ok it mine!.. have you noticed how many blacked out trucks there are on here? GTFO!! im not a troll either btw
Troll. I'm a blacked out truck and I know our very few blacked out trucks very well. I've seen this entire photoshoot. The background is familiar and synonymous with the part of the world Carl is from.

I don't care if the Dmax ran a 1 second 1/4 mile, they are ugly ****ing trucks and the only heads that turn when they drive by are their fat ugly redneck girlfriends. Congrats, you guys can buy a Banks powerpack for a few hundred bucks and add 100hp, makes you guys real mechanical and technical savants that your factory forced induction engine responds to a tune from a tuning company. And who gives a **** that you can tow 16,000lbs? We didn't buy our trucks thinking we'd be towing concrete pillars only to find out our trucks can't pull that much weight. We knew they can't, nor did we buy them to haul heavy farm equipment or construction material.

Just prove them wrong and post up more pics of it. Thats easy enough right?

I don't care if the Dmax ran a 1 second 1/4 mile, they are ugly ****ing trucks and the only heads that turn when they drive by are their fat ugly redneck girlfriends. Congrats, you guys can buy a Banks powerpack for a few hundred bucks and add 100hp, makes you guys real mechanical and technical savants that your factory forced induction engine responds to a tune from a tuning company. And who gives a **** that you can tow 16,000lbs? We didn't buy our trucks thinking we'd be towing concrete pillars only to find out our trucks can't pull that much weight. We knew they can't, nor did we buy them to haul heavy farm equipment or construction material.

Only the inbred retards buy canned tuners. Most of the guys use EFI which allows you to custom tune. The Silvys look better than any ram IMHO, and it's nice to have a truck that can beat a purpose built "speed" truck like your's and tow it home when you break it. :chain: Look. All the OP had to do was word his kill story better, and there would have been no issue...

On my way to work this morning, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I had to stand on the brakes to keep from slamming into the rear end of a loaded trailer being pulled by a newer chevy duramax. Threw my chit into the floorboard.

I look up and from what I can tell the guy saw I was about to ram him and gassed it. Black smoke rolled out of his pipes and tried to avoid being rear-ended. I decided I needed to catch him and give him some sign language, I mean how dare he be in my way.

As we both went to pass the car, he opend the truck up and more black smoke rolled out of it, as we both passed the car and he shifted back into the right hand lane, I stayed in the left lane, it was display my IQ time. I passed him, flipped the one IQ point I have, and walked away from him.

We came up on another slower car and had to wait for traffic to clear to pass. As soon as we had the chance to clear, I thought, it's on now, he's gonna try to over take me. I checked my rearview and sure enough, black smoke rolling out of it. I floored it and he never had a chance. I know street racing it dangerous and 100+ on a two lane highway is dangerous but doing it while pulling a loaded trailer is nuts.

Anyway, the guy follows me to my office, stops me on my way in and says something about me be being an idiot, not looking where I'm going and I need to go to driving school or something, I faded out to my happy place so I started to hear "Damn, that's the fastest hemi I've ever seen" and "I wish I wasn't pulling a trailer". I just ran inside and changed my shorts.

See, just proper wording would have made it all good. ;)

Looks like the avatar pic is gone now ... Why, if it's your truck ?:chain:

You listen here asshole. You don't come on here, posting a members truck as your own and calling long time members names. The member who's truck you posted called you out. It was removed.
Watch your language, treat people with respect, if not your gone.
BTW, clean up the language in your sig as well before I do.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back