05 QC vs redneck owned chipped duramax

If you did long enough you can find what ever video of who ever running fast or slow. This 20 second DMax proves nothing. Hell this could be a set-up run for a future Big Money Grudge run...

16? Ha more like 20 seconds according to this:

No Idea why that truck went that slow. An 06 isn't a 16, and certainly not a 20 second slug.
I offered to meet the OP DOWN IN FLORIDA to race, he's a puss. What can I say??? He's faster than one with a loaded trailer at least. That's gotta count for something
rofl[1].gif

Now your just making excuses :D

Look I'm not saying you can't make them haul tons of ass I'm just saying that STOCK they are honestly pretty slow.

No, I have a stock (No HP/TQ mods) truck, and it's not slow, and I've ridden in my buddies 10. The selling point was how fast they were for a 3/4 ton full-size. If I wanted JUST Balls out speed, I'd get a ZR1 and let you all play catch-up. :D And I LOVE the looks I get stomping a ricer in a turbo diesel they also think is "pretty slow"

Last edited:
06CCDMAX said:
No, I have a stock (No HP/TQ mods) truck, and it's not slow, and I've ridden in my buddies 10. The selling point was how fast they were for a 3/4 ton full-size. If I wanted JUST Balls out speed, I'd get a ZR1 and let you all play catch-up. :D And I LOVE the looks I get stomping a ricer in a turbo diesel they also think is "pretty slow"

I stomp ricers everytime they rev or try me wether in the 10 or the g8! I know it's nothing to brag about and ordinarily i wouldn't but when constantly pull up next to you and rev or down shift and try you it gets old.

Im the type A$$hole that does 62mph on the interstate daring anybody to try me...

Ok, like I posted earlier... I don't know what the truck runs... and honestly don't care too much since I have no need for a diesel 3/4-ton truck. I also know magazine times aren't always the best (they often use 5th-wheel, instead of staging shallow at the track... the former times would be slower), but the '11 Duramax 2500 with the 397hp/795ft/lb 6.6L engine (the '06 truck doesn't have this kind of power) ran 15.4 @ 87.9mph for Motor Trend. That is the BEST time they got out of it during testing.

There is not ONE truck on here that would not absolutely crush that kind of time. I don't know how your buddy's SRT-10 runs ... if it isn't impressive compared to a stock 16.0+ second truck, then something is wrong with it, or he was in reverse driving it.

I'm not trying to be a jerk... I just look for the facts. If you have a stock 360hp/650ftlbs '06 Duramax truck, you will be fortunate to run a 16.0. That may tow a house (or two), but it will not come remotely close to outrunning a bone-stock SRT-10 in a stoplight derby, quartermile, or top-speed contest. In fact, it might have a fighting chance against a '94 351W-powered Lightning I owned that ran 15.2 @ 88mph bone stock, 18years ago.

Mod your turbo-diesel and all bets are off... but let's step away from the crack-pipe if we're comparing stock trucks (that also stickered for about the same... MSRP over $50k).

Happy hot-rodding to all!

If you know how to launch the truck, you can get a much better 60 time, and a considerably better ET as well, but if you wanna talk mag numbers, it's whoever drives whatever on ??? day. He wasn't in reverse, I kinda notice which way things go by in the windows. ;) My point was your Dumbass OP thinks he's the man beating a truck towing a trailer. One he almost rear-ended cause he apparently can't drive for $hit. A stock 06 is NOT up in the 16s. But what they run is something I get a lot of debate on. The new trucks may have better #'s, but they have an exhaust filter jammed in there that's more restrictive than on any previous year. They tow better, they're slower on the track.

And again. I offered to race the OP here. Seems he'd rather stick to street racing something towing thousands of pounds while he's empty...... Fastest vehicle on earth is nothing if driver lacks the skills and or balls to utilize it. :rock:

I mentioned that I know mag #s are not always the best... that goes for ALL vehicles tested. But you're not going to pull 1-2 seconds off a mag time unless you are at a downhill track with a tailwind... in which case, your opponent has the same advantage.

Do guys on your boards actually race the trucks at the 1/4 mile strip in stock form? That's really all I was inquiring about. Some data based on experience, including which track the race took place at, Density Altitude numbers, etc.

Maybe I will find one to race in my wife's Yukon. If I lose, I'll race the guy with a throttle stop on my SRT-10 to make it fair.

I don't know the OP, but maybe there is an SRT-10 owner in your area who would be happy to race you. ???

OP, did you have a bbq grill in the bed of your truck during this race?

OP, did you have a bbq grill in the bed of your truck during this race?
rofl[1].gif
That's funny. :D

I mentioned that I know mag #s are not always the best... that goes for ALL vehicles tested. But you're not going to pull 1-2 seconds off a mag time unless you are at a downhill track with a tailwind... in which case, your opponent has the same advantage. It's quite a bit off that. The new truck is choked back with the emissions chit, and is considerably heavier as the towing capacity was upped about 6,000 lbs and the frame and other bits are considerably heavier. You can't leave under boost with the EGR or you risk popping it open, and you loose the boost, this is a significant difference in launching a TD.

Do guys on your boards actually race the trucks at the 1/4 mile strip in stock form? There are guys who have with the older lb7 series, I think their times were just a touch faster than the mag posted, but they have the lowest HP/TQ numbers stock. 06-07 LBZ/LLZ is best overall (reason I went for mine) And the truck I posted before (06 beating a srt-10) was only using a canned tuner otherwise stock. Yea it had more Hp, but you're looking at less than +100 at the wheels, and it's not great tuning to begin with. Still not bad for a D-Max + a couple hundred buck box :D That's really all I was inquiring about. Some data based on experience, including which track the race took place at, Density Altitude numbers, etc. As I said, I wanna get to a track PRE and POST mods, but haven't done so YET

Maybe I will find one to race in my wife's Yukon. If I lose, I'll race the guy with a throttle stop on my SRT-10 to make it fair.

I don't know the OP, but maybe there is an SRT-10 owner in your area who would be happy to race you. ???
^ I wanted to race the OP cause he feels like a big man taking on a vehicle towing a loaded trailer, after almost hitting the guy. If the OP (tool) had kept his eyes on the road, there would've been no problem. The guy was probably NOT trying to race him, but maybe say "Watch the road asshole".

I didn't tell you guys but I raced and beat a 2011 Corvette ZR1.
(The vette wasn't trying to race, but I BEAT HIM :D)
rofl[1].gif

Being an owner of both a SRT-10 and also a LMM Dirty-max, I gotta say, this is a rather disappointing kill..... Comparing a 1/2 ton truck towing nothing to a 3/4 ton pulling a trailer (loaded or unloaded) is not impressive.... Each have their own area to shine in.... SRT-10 = raw horsepower, dirty-max = raw torque..... Lets compare apples to oranges, it'd probably be an easier debate......

Being an owner of both a SRT-10 and also a LMM Dirty-max, I gotta say, this is a rather disappointing kill..... Comparing a 1/2 ton truck towing nothing to a 3/4 ton pulling a trailer (loaded or unloaded) is not impressive.... Each have their own area to shine in.... SRT-10 = raw horsepower, dirty-max = raw torque..... Lets compare apples to oranges, it'd probably be an easier debate......

I'mma gonna quote that for truth. Thank you.
drinking-43.gif

How are you liking the LMM? Did you delete the DPF yet? You've got an LBZ basically, just with a tampon in the tailpipe. Get that out and it'll up your grin factor. :D

Last edited:
I'mma gonna quote that for truth. Thank you.
drinking-43.gif

How are you liking the LMM? Did you delete the DPF yet? You've got an LBZ basically, just with a tampon in the tailpipe. Get that out and it'll up your grin factor. :D

Lovin it... It's a hell of a motor!!!!!!!!!!!! DPF is still on it and will remain that way until it's paid for or the warranty runs out (whichever comes first)... I have a rule about screwing with things that I'm still paying for or are still warrantable..... It's got a pretty good grin factor from the showroom floor (other than that stupid torque managment that the allison has)... Almost thought about tuner and a DPF delete just to try to get better mileage out of it, but couldn't bring myself to do it with still paying for it and having warranty left on it. Personal choice, that's all.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back