1st SOUTHEAST NATIONAL GTG SERIES

eddie102870 said:
ok guys we need to set a definate date on this. 1st weekend or 2nd weekend in April. all the guys that are going chime in. either one will work for me.

It don't make me no nevermind!!

:D:D:D:D

I just got off the phone with Matt the owner of Break Away. He recently acquired the track and did many improvements including resurfacing! He brought on a track manager who managed Lakeland for the last 8 years. Matt is meeting with the manager today and they will develop a quote for us. I told him to check on April 5th or 12th both of which are Saturdays. Matt said he'd call me back l8tr tonight with more information. I told him we are planning between 30 and 60 trucks! He sounds like a good ol boy and is a drag racer himself. I'll post up more when I get the info....but we really need to nail down a track date first and go from there. Stay tuned!

Rice Eater said:
I just got off the phone with Matt the owner of Break Away. He recently acquired the track and did many improvements including resurfacing! He brought on a track manager who managed Lakeland for the last 8 years. Matt is meeting with the manager today and they will develop a quote for us. I told him to check on April 5th or 12th both of which are Saturdays. Matt said he'd call me back l8tr tonight with more information. I told him we are planning between 30 and 60 trucks! He sounds like a good ol boy and is a drag racer himself. I'll post up more when I get the info....but we really need to nail down a track date first and go from there. Stay tuned!
sweet, glad you got the horse back in front of the cart for us....lol:D

Borden3srt said:
count me in.

another question. how would the track get paid for? i am sure there are some costs to renting it. plus other stuff like the trophies and t-shirts.

we should think about cover charges. have it a set amount and if there is anything left put it up for a drawing maybe. or, adjust the cover charge to cover track usage, show, and such once we know the total cost.

i think that is fair.

hopefully i put this out the way i am thinking.:dontknow: :D

LOLOLdamn that last sentence sums up how I feel sometimes:D uh was your dad ever in cherokee?LOLOL

but yeah I think that the track cost will be split up between whom will come, not sure about the t shirts and trophy's yet.
Naturally the rooms will be paid by whom rents, such as if three couples or 6-7 guys rent then they should get together and split it between themselves.

We Have till next year , but honestly it depends on what the Riceman finds out about the price of track rental.

Oh and you better sho up Ga son:D

Just noticed I got a call from Edward, I shall call the young man and see if he has mo details, or if the car is ready to drive into the lake:D

this is going to be a hell of a good time. i have been waiting for a gtg like this for bout 2yrs. I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!

2ndchance said:
this is going to be a hell of a good time. i have been waiting for a gtg like this for bout 2yrs. I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!
well please try,dont want you spilling out in public.:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

2ndchance said:
hey u heard from que about sunday?

Hey EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna give you a call bud, but um, kinda just ran over my phone!LOLOLOLOLO

and no dont ask!! I want tell how I did it:D

runnin to cingular:elefant: :elefant:

freakin elephants:mad:

Stinker said:
Hey EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna give you a call bud, but um, kinda just ran over my phone!LOLOLOLOLO

:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :D

Brat said:
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :D
bbbbwwwaaaahaahhahahahhhhahahahhhahhahahhahahhah:D

Stinker said:
bbbbwwwaaaahaahhahahahhhhahahahhhahhahahhahahhah:D
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :bebored:

Brat said:
well please try,dont want you spilling out in public.:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

gotta be honest with ya, wont be the first time and i am purdy sure it wont be the last either, close ur eyes!!!! WOOHOO!!!!

Stinker said:

The f**k?!?!

TELL US DAMNIT. :mad: :D

Roz-SRT said:
The f**k?!?!

TELL US DAMNIT. :mad: :D

LOLOL ok ok I was fixin to pull the truck out and take her for a spin, started to get in the truck, my shoe fell off gettin in, I leaned out to grab it, fell outta the truck, at the same time my phone fell outta my pocket and never noticed it:D backed up, got out to put my shoe on and close the garage, and well .............seen a razor the thickness of a razor:D

Stinker said:
LOLOL ok ok I was fixin to pull the truck out and take her for a spin, started to get in the truck, my shoe fell off gettin in, I leaned out to grab it, fell outta the truck, at the same time my phone fell outta my pocket and never noticed it:D backed up, got out to put my shoe on and close the garage, and well .............seen a razor the thickness of a razor:D
dont suprise me. went by and seen the guy that built the motor in my challenger today to show him my roe on my truck. he wanted to know if he could come to panama city next year with us he has a dart with a stroked 340 in it. placed 6th at the southern mopar nationals in valdosta,ga. true street car. i told him id have my challenger down there but didnt know how many other old cars there would be. this could be a big deal if we wanted it to guys. have a old car race class too. maybe get a little prize money going. what yall think.:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

eddie102870 said:
dont suprise me. went by and seen the guy that built the motor in my challenger today to show him my roe on my truck. he wanted to know if he could come to panama city next year with us he has a dart with a stroked 340 in it. placed 6th at the southern mopar nationals in valdosta,ga. true street car. i told him id have my challenger down there but didnt know how many other old cars there would be. this could be a big deal if we wanted it to guys. have a old car race class too. maybe get a little prize money going. what yall think.:elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

sounds good bro, gotta go morrow and get a newun:D

Break Away

Just talked to Dave Flanagin track manager at Break Away. He used to manage Lakeland for years and is a real onpoint stand up guy from the sounds of it. Him and Matt are excited to work with us and gave us a couple of options:rock: :D :D :D

Option #1- Rent the track for one day. Cost- $2,500.

or.......

Option #2- Work with them to create a super hyped up Viper Truck Challenge. "They recently did this with the NHRDA and did their own event and had great results."
Here is the deal. No matter how many Viper Trucks (members or nonmembers) we have show up to race....all of us will get in for free and race for free. :elefant:
In turn Break Away in conjunction with a local Dodge Dealer will start locally promoting the event as the Viper Truck Challenge. They would do flyers around the towns, probably 2 radio commercials and 1 TV commercial as they did for the recent NHRDA event. Break Away would open up their gates to spectators and charge admission, open up their concessions and have a T&T class for non-Viper Truck vehicles wanting to. They did this at the NHRDA event and they had approximately 45 test and tune entries which is not that many. Dave said they will run seperately between our rounds. This would benefit us by maximizing exposure for the VTCOA and draw other Viper Trucks from the region who aren't part of the VTCOA to the event:rock: Plus it would hype us all up and make the event a little more big time! They will work with us on the time also....NHRDA ran from 12pm-12am.
If we go with this option Dave strongly suggested APRIL 12th because the fisrt week of april is the mud swamp buggy races which a lot of the potential spectators will be at.

I don't want to be the one to decide which option we go with as this is a democracy here and we should decide as a group. Let us know your thoughts and questions.

Also I know we are going for beach condos but I'd thought I'd let ya'll know that they have 100 acres there and plenty of 70+ camping spaces. If for somme reason we said screw the beach I'll bet we could show up Friday afternoon set up camp and take some test and tune passes Friday night and just sleep there:dontknow:

Alright enough of me talking....what do ya'll think!?:dontknow: :dontknow: :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back