2003 - 2006 Gen III Viper V10 150 HP Performance Upgrade Kit - P5156137

Maybe someone here knows this... what is the difference in the cam for the Gen III Viper vs. our trucks? This package is designed for the Viper car, I figure. If the cam specs for our trucks are different than the Viper car of the same era, then the performance figures after this mod will, most likely, be less. How much less... who knows?

I'm going to be in touch with Belanger soon. Do we know if this kit is actually ready to ship? I have not called the distributor yet.

I called my dealer, we cant do the $8000 for the kit, like on the other site, but I can do the best I can on them , supposedly they are ready to ship tho

but y ou want a cam that is designed for the trucks not the car, different wieght differnt profile

I called my dealer, we cant do the $8000 for the kit, like on the other site, but I can do the best I can on them , supposedly they are ready to ship tho

but y ou want a cam that is designed for the trucks not the car, different wieght differnt profile

Since the kit doesn't have a cam included, then I assume it works well with the stock cam. Given that Justin tells us the cam in the truck is the same as the car, and that I have a 6-speed like the car, I would think I'd be ok just leaving the stock cam in there.

That is what I plan to do. I'm sure a more aggressive cam would yield a bit more power, just like you can do by throwing a cam in our trucks now... but I want OEM driveability and reliability, so I'll leave a few ponies on the table. I've been looking for a quality, reliable N/A option and since the Strykers are not available, this looks like a great option for me personally.

Send me a PM on your price. I confirmed via e-mail that Belanger has headers for this setup, and the distributor that the OP posted told me that Mopar has these kits ready to go.

and the way it don't read, reuse the stock rocker arms????

Just placed an order for this kit with Chris and Jerry at VPOA. Hopefully I will have it to my door by the middle of the 2nd week in January. After getting the headers, my hope is to have it down to A.R.T. in San Antonio before Jan is out.

:rock::congrats::rock::burnout:

what is "VPOA?"

thought i read somewhere that ya have to turn your old heads in for cores. is this true???

:rock:VIPER PUSSY OF AMERICA:rock:

:rock::congrats::rock::burnout:

what is "VPOA?"

thought i read somewhere that ya have to turn your old heads in for cores. is this true???

Just placed an order for this kit with Chris and Jerry at VPOA. Hopefully I will have it to my door by the middle of the 2nd week in January. After getting the headers, my hope is to have it down to A.R.T. in San Antonio before Jan is out.

It will be interesting to see what you pick up from 448rwhp. :)

I'm going to have the truck dyno'd again before the install... the shop that will be doing the work is different than where I had it dyno'd before. The truck is very mildly modded... K&N drop-in, 170^ t-stat, Roe SCT tune, B&B hi-flow catted mid-pipe, and B&B cat-back. That's it. I will be going with Belanger long-tube headers, but will be using their hi-flow cat mid-pipe as well, as I live in an emissions-nazi county.

But I agree... will be interesting. They will run it with the canned tune, but given that A.R.T. has a very good rep for tuning, I'd imagine they will have the ability to custom tune it on their dyno.

I will report back with details as things progress.

Last edited:
I'm going to have the truck dyno'd again before the install... the shop that will be doing the work is different than where I had it dyno'd before.

But I agree... will be interesting. They will run it with the canned tune, but given that A.R.T. has a very good rep for tuning, I'd imagine they will have the ability to custom tune it on their dyno.

I will report back with details as things progress.

with photos???:dontknow::rock::rock::D

yes, I will open the boxes and take pics of the parts before taking everything to A.R.T. :D

Right on, this is gonna be good can't wait to see the results of this upgrade.:rock:

Just placed an order for this kit with Chris and Jerry at VPOA.

What did you end up getting the kit for?

How about a late Christmas present from you to me? I'll go half with you to lessen the cost. :D

Let me know how it goes with ART. I live in west Texas and probably going same route.

Just ordered the Belangers from Tony.

I will report back on A.R.T. They come very highly recommended by Viper owners and they have done a number of SRT trucks, as well.

I cant dig as deep as VOPA
but if anyone is interested we can do $8600 on this kit, CC or paypal, cash or check is $8300 plus whatever shipping is:)

Amazing results! Just really wonder about the cam? No mention of it? Does the Gen 4 use the same spec cam? If our camshafts are optimal for our head flow, how would it suffice with the gen4 head flow#s? New pushrods? Hmmm.... Different valve geometry/setup?
Just hmm...... Lol

what if the gen III heads are limitin the cam????:dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back