2014 Ford Lightning

^ I thought you were just being a hater....then i watched the video.

It does indeed sound like crap.

Sounds like total ass. I'll just stick with my beat up old 10

Our SRT-10 trucks look 100 times better than the tremor! I agree it doesn't sound great but then again our trucks sound weird also. The point that I was trying to make was, don't get dick hurt when you race one and lose to a little V6.... It's hard to beat a turbo!

Not impressed with this Ford offering in stock form. But if it starts a truck war that only benefits everyone. They had a Ranger Tremor about 10 years back, but if I recall that was more about the sound system.

If I recall the QUICKEST production truck was and still is a turbo V6 from 1991. I had the chance to drive one back then, so quick off the line.

I have now had my Challenger 392 out a few times since buying it. A heavy car, around 4200 pounds. Car can do about 4.6-4.7 0-60 stock. Basically all that means is that engine in a 1500 SRT without enhancements should perform like our stock RC SRT-10's if geared right. Ram announced they are doing the 392 in a HD truck in 2014. The 1500 is likely around the corner. I am done with performance trucks though. It was fun, but one was enough. Life is short and there are too many cool cars.

Last edited:
It would be nice if they put that srt motor in a 1500. Just give people a good platform and let the aftermarket come out with stuff. IMO it doesnt matter how fast anything is off the lot, to me it's the potential since most people who race dont leave anything stock. I'm done with making a truck fast myself if ever i get rid of mine. It's sad to make nearly double the power from the factory and newer cars and walk you on the high way.

...i shoulda went turbo.

I'm sitting here thinking about selling my truck. But there is nothing else I really want. Well I would take a Viper but my pockets are not that deep. The GC SRT-8 is pretty nice and is about the only thing I think about replacing my 10 with. I would love to get a new SRT 8/10 Ram.

looks like plasti dipped wheels, murdered out truck with a little hemi and some ebay head lights.

It's a bag of parts thrown at an existing truck just like Ford did. At least they are attempting to do something against the competition though. Mod for mod, the tremor should be ahead. It's hard to out do a forced induction platform from the start.

True dodge needs to do more engine wise, also just read that dodge is adding the 6.4L to there HD line. You never know it may come in a 1500 soon.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back