600+ RWHP club

Prof said:
Actually, Nathan (notahemi) went to Arrow before they sold...and they referred him to John...then Nathan checked him out and told me I should get in touch with him. He was a perfect fit!

Small world. I guess John built numerous engines for the Bobby Archer Racing team.

Good guy. If I had to do my build again (or if I build another), I wouldn't hesitate to send it to him.:rock:

He was the salt of the earth to me. Hit every target, recommended good directions and improvements.

Found out that he is deep into scouting and was an Eagle Scout himself...very nice man with great skills.

Funny you guys mentioned the Archers. I new the Archer Bros. from SCCA Pro Racing when I was a tech Adminisrator years ago. I especially remember a few very clever and well built "cheater engines" we caught. In one series they had multiple entries in which one would fall back in the field with a cheater engine after "bump drafting" the other to a lead expecting I would not inspect the engine of someone down in the pack. Surprise! I did. I also saw some quality engine work in their cars and trucks. Those were fun times.

Not Quite 600 Yet

Well my truck only made 542/654, but for less than a grand in mods. Cold fusion nitrous system 700.00 shipped with purge. K/N FIPK 279.00 shipped. All on only a 150shot. Hoping for mid to low 12's on sticky tires. More cheap mods to come.

coloradokid said:
well after seein a few prof posts i stopped lookin so deep in the post. i am guessing u cant get 600 rwhp out of a QC tranny. but what have you QC people had for experiences on the tranny. i want to keep moddin my truck but need to know how much more i can do on a stock tranny. i have heard ideas but i want experiences.

thx sean

If the tranny is stock and you intend to ever track or just like to drive it hard it won't last. There are some little things you can do it increase it's life but once you go to forced induction you might as well plan on a tranny rebuild.

coloradokid, I am pushing 631rwhp on a stock tranny. I have been at the track 3 times so far and no problems (knock on wood). I am planning on tranny rebuild this winter. But as of present, I havent had a problem

1qksrt said:
...Also debating on diesel intercooler to run with my air/water intercooler(all comments are welcome!).:rock: ...

Why? I am assuming you aren't getting the performance you want from your air/water intercooler. I would advise against putting two intercoolers in series due to pressure drop, but more info is needed. It is do-able, but maybe a better option would be upgrading your air/water intercooler or use only the air/air cooler.

Staying on topic...I have not dyno'd mine, so I can't say for sure if I'm in the club, but probably not :argh: . I have JMB's 150 shot with catless mids and magnaflow cat-back.

thjones3 said:
Why? I am assuming you aren't getting the performance you want from your air/water intercooler. I would advise against putting two intercoolers in series due to pressure drop, but more info is needed. It is do-able, but maybe a better option would be upgrading your air/water intercooler or use only the air/air cooler.

Staying on topic...I have not dyno'd mine, so I can't say for sure if I'm in the club, but probably not :argh: . I have JMB's 150 shot with catless mids and magnaflow cat-back.

I decided not to go with the diesel cooler(I just had it laying around),I will go with a chiller unit in the bed though.Yes,the cooler the air/the greater the pressure drop,but you get better air(denser/more oxygen).The problem was air flow quality with the diesel unit,explained to me by a friend that builds diesels.

Staying on topic as well,I'm sure you should be real close.If I remember right,Riceater was close and he made over 700 lb ft of torque,and torque is what you really want!!!!:D

1qksrt said:
I decided not to go with the diesel cooler(I just had it laying around),I will go with a chiller unit in the bed though.Yes,the cooler the air/the greater the pressure drop,but you get better air(denser/more oxygen).The problem was air flow quality with the diesel unit,explained to me by a friend that builds diesels.

Staying on topic as well,I'm sure you should be real close.If I remember right,Riceater was close and he made over 700 lb ft of torque,and torque is what you really want!!!!:D

The pressure drop I was refering to is not a result of the air being colder, but of the flow restriction with two coolers. Of course, the idea is to get the air as cold as possible with a minimal amount of pressure drop. I guess what I was trying to say is that there are more effective ways to do it that put these two coolers together. Regardless, it sounds like you have it figured out. Just out of curiosity, how does your chiller unit work? Are you spraying nitrous or CO2 into the water cooler?

X Metal- I puchased a Vec/exhaust/shifter and maybe even some motorcycle stuff from Gary, had a small issue he took care of it immediately... Only bummer is he never sent me my orange x-metal shirt :p

Roe, I bought the Vec from gary but needed a new wiring something... (which I knew b4 I bought)... worked with Sean... BAM easy to deal with...

Stinker, although I haven't bought anything directly from him, I know the tank has several parts on it from him. brake lines, rear end etc.... I've contacted him a few times with misc. questions.. if I had the need to buy something from a vender he'd be on the top of the list..

DC Performance-- I had work done on my 05RC and my 06 QC Night runner (chips t-stat) the usual, I always figured if I wanted the truck to go fast I'd just buy one that was already done... DC's not the cheapest place and I usually get the feeling that I'm being rushed (probably due to me being a small customer) and I've had the chance to talk to Chris a little bit (awesome guy btw)... I wasn't too happy with them passing the buck on my tranny situation, but could understand... I ordered something a while back... it came in.. my truck was in the shop (tranny) and I blew em off... (shame on me)... so I ordered a new one a few weeks back and I dunno where it is.... so in short... I think they're a little pissed at me... and to be honest I'm a little pissed about the whole tranny thing..

which brings me to..
Westminster Transmissions... Joe?? I think his name is Joe... he's a good guy... very knowledgable.... but didn't stand behind his product telling me equipment was added after the fact.. ( I had the receipts he either didn't remember correctly or was just lieing )... Even if I gave him the benefit of the doubt... I still didn't appreciate the fact that he was charging me 3K+ for a whole new rebuild... hell I coulda bought Tony's tranny for that..... I dunno, had I tried to work with him and communicate, things prolly woulda been fine, but I don't like to play games so I took it elsewhere.

where did I take it?
Dependable Dodge.... I'm kidding right?? lol actually, no... turns out the tranny guy there is a huge drag racing guy... and he knows Robert (moparconnection?).... so we got to talking I felt good about him working on the truck and I was able to work out a decent price (suprisingly)...

Speaking of Dependable Dodge i bought my first RC from them... and tried to buy the QC NR from them.... well, they were a little too proud of the QC and I wasn't able to work out the deal, but all in all it's a decent family owned operation.

I tried to buy something from JMB-Justin once... then realized it wasn't going to work... it was no problem he cancelled my order..he's a great guy and very easy to deal with...

I've used other vendors but I'll stop here as I'm sure noones reading at this point anyway :eek:

Ryan we are blessed to have good vendors. Your input is appreciated. We do depend on them for a lot. Meeting these people in person has also been a pleasure for me.

I've never seen this thread before. DAMN IT, now I'm going to buy some lottery tickets....

Who is in the 600hp plus hp club an who has the most hp that is driven on the street

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back