600+ RWHP club

Django said:
You know....?

Those guys that go up into the towers and scream a bunch'a whiney sounding shit that we can't understand.....

I think it may be some kind'a code............. ;) :D

D
damn i thought i was mean lol

Prof said:
I was the prototype Roe Racing Top Mount Twin Screw (It should have been NBT, but he was off fighting hurricanes or something brave and crazy like that), except for 1Fast400. Mikes install was a racing truck with designs on Mid-10's and just not streetable. He had transmission issues, oil pump issues and a few other issues may still not be resolved but those are personal matters. So I was #1 for Sean Roe.

I wanted a street quick machine...not a race machine. So my internal engine is box stock, it was strong (468 hp stock), but no beefing up was done.

In July of 2006 Sean started with a cat delete, Mopar long tube headers, and Magnaflow. He added a 172 degree thermostat, CenterForce Clutch and Viper Slave and Master cylinders. Next he added a Water Meth system and the VEC III Piggyback Programmer and a card reader located inside the cab of the truck.

One of my early mods was the addition of the Gen IV shifter from X-Metal, and tossed the Hurst POS, which solved the "3rd Gear" entry problem that most of us have encountered.

Then in September of 2006 he started on the install of his recently completed Top Mount Twin Screw Supercharger.

After the initial install I drove it for a few weeks with only two or three people aware that one was installed...Marc T, BigBlkQC, and Big Perm were in on the secret...and I had already fallen in love with Amy.

Then after a few more days of fine tuning and lots of dyno and track time (during which I had Seans GTS in my hands and under my foot :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: We were ready to announce the install to the world. So we had a GTG at Seans new shop in Green Cove Springs...what a great day.

That was over a year ago...since then I have added the "Sinker Rear End" with 4:56 gears, the Lokor, and Wilwood brakes to facilitate use of 16 inch slicks with M&H rubber. I have also recently added the new Roe TB.

From a looks perspective I have had Boomer lower the truck and he also added Caltracs. Boomer also added a new CenterForce Clutch, and a new throw out bearing. Along the way I added Moe's drive shaft loop, and de-badged.

My experience with Roe Racing has been flawless...I really don't know costs with him...I think the SC was around $6k....I just gave him a bucket of money and when it would get a little low I would just add more. Every time I email Sean I have an answer the same day or at the latest the next day. Most of you know I hate phone conversations.

I have taken the same $ approach with Gary at X-Metal...I gave him a bucket and he let me know when I needed to add a little more. I have had no problems with Gary either. There was a time that he got behind in production of some things but I did not have a time commitment from him so I just got in line like everyone else...then he broke his arm...but that all got better...then he broke his ribs...and then, and then...but looking at Rachel calms my nerves. Gary treats me like family and let me drive a very special truck he owns while he was working on mine.

I have had no problems with anything. The supercharger has maybe 12,000 miles on it...no problems.

I did get the VEC III box wet and it played hell with the engine until it dried out. Now I have Eddie's VEC Cover and all is well.

I have one issue that Justin and I are working on: My engine pushes a lot of oil out of the breathers...and even with a mild 5.6 lbs of boost, the oil catch can gets overpowered under heavy acceleration. Working on the issue...almost have it solved, will know in a week or so.

I am perfectly happy.

I have all the speed and horsepower this old man can handle.

Sean Roe and Gary Virgin are welcome in my house any time and I would always treat them as family as they have treated me.

Update:

Spring 2008

Engine work done by JZB Engines of White Lake, Michigan.

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005†oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Crankshaft: Crankshaft is Nitrided , ground and polished to size for proper clearance. Entire rotating assembly is balanced.

Pistons: Custom Diamond Forged Pistons-dished, for better combustion. Gold ceramic coating (gold) on decks of pistons with Moly coating (dark gray) on piston skirts. Floating piston pin for strength and light weight, rings have been file fit for proper ring gaps in bores.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250†for better internal geometry.

Heads: New stainless exhaust valves, intake valves cleaned, ground and back cut for improved flow. New Beehive springs, titanium retainers, new keepers and seals. Competition valve job, ports cleaned and touched up, heads milled on deck and intake faces for cleanup.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and rod bearings have Teflon Coating for durability.

Pushrods: Chrome Moly pushrods used for strength.

Engine was assembled on a flat surface instead of a rollover stand so that stresses would not be induced into the engine build. Camshaft Centerline was set at 121 degrees after TDC. Engine has Cometic Head Gaskets and ARP Head Studs. New Needle Bearing and Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the oil pump.

Drive Train Modifications:

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter with Jedi lever. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

DTS “Stinker†rear-end with Strang 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.
Exhaust Modifications:

Full Cat delete; MOPAR long tube headers (Jet Hot Coated), and Magnaflow muffler.

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
VEC III Piggyback to PCM tuning module covered by Eddie’s clear box
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
AB Ignition wires
JMB Catch Can (Candy Red)
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Roe Racing Twin Screw Top Mount Supercharger at 5.6 lbs boost
48 lb. per hour injectors
Roe Racing Water/methanol injection

Appearance Modifications:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Stock rims with PermaStar chrome finish by Goodrich
Shorty 9 inch antenna and Fang shift knob by Avondale
JMB Hard Radiator tubes (Candy Red)
X-metal alloy seat handles
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Fang Badges front and rear
Etched Glass “Fang Supercharged†center sliding widow by Hot Rod Mike

Its so nice to be rolling again...

Special thanks to:

Wifey for getting the PermaStar Wheels for me.
Kevan for his temperature research on the JetHot process.
My new found builder for getting her done in 6 weeks just the way he said!
Autowerks (Zen Garage) for hiring a Viper Tech to get the final touches done.

The full truck now...if you care to read:

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005†oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Crankshaft: Crankshaft is Nitrided , ground and polished to size for proper clearance. Entire rotating assembly is balanced.

Pistons: Custom Diamond Forged Pistons-dished, for better combustion. Gold ceramic coating (gold) on decks of pistons with Moly coating (dark gray) on piston skirts. Floating piston pin for strength and light weight, rings have been file fit for proper ring gaps in bores.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250†for better internal geometry.

Heads: New stainless exhaust valves, intake valves cleaned, ground and back cut for improved flow. New Beehive springs, titanium retainers, new keepers and seals. Competition valve job, ports cleaned and touched up, heads milled on deck and intake faces for cleanup.

Bearings: Gen 4 main bearings used for 160 degree oiling, with extra feed hole for volume. Main and rod bearings have Teflon Coating for durability.

Engine was assembled on a flat surface instead of a rollover stand so that stresses would not be induced into the engine build. Camshaft Centerline was set at 121 degrees after TDC. Engine has Cometic Head Gaskets and ARP Head Studs. New Needle Bearing and Pilot Bearing in the back of the Crank and a new 1 piece Oil Control Valve in the oil pump.

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

DTS “Stinker†rear-end with Strang 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.
Exhaust Modifications:

Full Cat delete; MOPAR long tube headers (Jet Hot Coated), and Magnaflow muffler.

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Nine inch antenna (black spiral) by Avondale

Prof said:
Update:

Spring 2008

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter with Jedi lever. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
AB Ignition wires
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe

Special thanks to:

Centerforce clutch, Viper slave/master cylinder modification. X-Metal Gen IV shifter. Moe’s Performance Drive Shaft Loop.

Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe

Very Nice Roy!!:congrats: :rock:

Has Sean come up there and tuned it yet??

Prof said:
Update:

Spring 2008

Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
AB Ignition wires
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe

Special thanks to:

Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe
go ahead rub it in our faces:D hell yes im jealous

I have a great sponsor...my wife...

Sean will be here on Oct 3 & 4...

Think that would be a good opportunity to go to a 10 lb. pulley?

Prof said:
I have a great sponsor...my wife...

Sean will be here on Oct 3 & 4...

Think that would be a good opportunity to go to a 10 lb. pulley?
YES :)

Prof said:
Update:

Spring 2008

Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
AB Ignition wires
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe

Special thanks to:

Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe

No we dont...:D

Originally Posted by Prof
Update:

Spring 2008

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005” oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250” for better internal geometry.

DTS “Stinker” rear-end with Strang 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.
Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
AB Ignition wires
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Etched Glass “Fang Supercharged” center sliding widow by Hot Rod Mike

Special thanks to:

Block: Cylinders honed with deck plates to size to fit .005” oversized pistons. Main bores in block have oil reservoirs machined into them. Block is line honed and deck’s were machined for clean up.

Connecting Rods: Oliver Billet H-Beam Connecting Rods. 7/16 ARP Rod Bolts-bolts upgraded. 6.250” for better internal geometry.

DTS “Stinker” rear-end with Strang 35 spline axles, Detroit locker/cryo ring gear (4:56 differential ratio). Cal Tracs. Wilwood racing rear calipers.
Exhaust Modifications:

172 degree thermostat
Vector shift light
IAT 5.6 Ohm resistor mod
Roe Racing Breathers

Boost Modification:

Lowered by X-Metal
De-badged
Red and Silver Pinstripe
Etched Glass “Fang Supercharged” center sliding widow by Hot Rod Mike

Oh, you mean copying all the data???

Yeah, its really not necessary, just over kill if you ask me...

My Black RC is still in the planning stages but will be somewhere in the lines of twin 76mm turbos hooked up to Bellanger long tubes with Stryker heads and Jessel rockers. The forged pistons will either be JE or CP gas ported and coated pistons with Oliver rods and billet mains. The direct port NX nitrous system will allow for up to a 500 shot. The dry sump oiling system details are being worked out. The crank will be reworked with larger diameter oiling holes and then nitrided. The main and rod bearing will have oil runners. The block will be stress relieved. The pistons will be smaller but the cylinder liners will be thicker allowing for more boost. The build plan is still in the works and will probably take a couple of years to complete. This is why I bought an additional (Clint's) motor..............so I can take my time to build it right.

Last edited:
Very well planned Brad...that should be a storming beast with longevity...may need some engineering for traction...damn glad mine is a garage queen, would hate to be called out by that engine!

well after seein a few prof posts i stopped lookin so deep in the post. i am guessing u cant get 600 rwhp out of a QC tranny. but what have you QC people had for experiences on the tranny. i want to keep moddin my truck but need to know how much more i can do on a stock tranny. i have heard ideas but i want experiences.

thx sean

Ram From Hell said:
Was I the one that turned you on to that guy, or was it Arrow?

He's the one who built mine.:rock:

Actually, Nathan (notahemi) went to Arrow before they sold...and they referred him to John...then Nathan checked him out and told me I should get in touch with him. He was a perfect fit!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back