600+ RWHP club

Nowwhat said:
back on topic... not as bad ass as Walt's.....

VEHICLE BUILD SHEET

2005 DODGE SRT RAM QUAD CAB
OWNER: MIKE BRADY
BUILT BY: DC PERFORMANCE INC

ENGINE: Built by Exotic Engine Development
10-cylinder VGX engine
Forced Induction/ NOS specific build.
Block stress relived
Darton Cylinder Liners
JE 9.2 to 1 Pistons
I Beam connecting rods
Billet Main caps
Coated Bearings
Cloyes true roller timing chain
Mopar VGX camshaft (708 Grind)
Mopar Performance Hydraulic Lifters
Chromoly Pushrods
JM Prepared Heads
Ductile iron valve seats
Stainless Valves
Performance valve springs and retainers
ARP head studs
Port matched intake
RSI Throttle Body
ATI balancer
EED Breather system
Engine Dyno Tested
Engine output variable 700-1000hp

EXHAUST
VGX Production Manifolds
Inconel Manifold Shields
High flow midpipes
Brady Engineering Rear Exhaust

INTAKE
DC Performance custom fresh air intake
Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger system
Air to water intercooler
NX Express port Nitrous injection (programmable)
K&N Filters

FUEL SYSTEM
Paxton boost referenced fuel delivery
Walboro fuel pumps
FJO Methanol/ water injection system
EARLS Plumbing
Separate NOS fuel delivery system with 5-gallon tank

ENGINE MANAGEMENT/ ELECTRONICS
JENSEN JTEC CALIBRATION
FJO wideband air fuel system
GP MOTORSPORT wiring
FJO Displays/ Boost/ Air fuel/ NOS Pressure

COOLING
Cal Thermo 170 degree thermostat
Revised hydraulic fan cycle

DRIVELINE
WESTMINISTER TRANSMISSIONB Prepared Race Transmission
DTI Prepared rear axle conversion with Detroit Locker
4.56 gears

SUSPENSION/CHASISS/WHEELS/BRAKES
QA 1 rebound adjustable shocks
CAL TRACKS adjustable traction bars
X METAL coil springs/ bump stops
EBC Rotors and Pads
WILWOOD rear brake conversion
Big tires

SAFETY
None

COST_____________________________

nycstev said:
COST_____________________________

I just don't know.....if you did it all as a package....it would be much cheaper than the one step at a time way I did it.....I would think $60,000 would get you close on a package if you could find someone to do it....

DC performance charged me "their cost" on the NOS system as the wiring job became so time consuming...They had 2 guys working the wiring for days....It doesn't make sense for them to do it again unless they could charge more than a Nos system is worth....

Bottom line for me...

I love my truck...the performance....it has been perfectly reliable on the street running just over 8psi on the paxton (700rwhp)...the paxton alone provides more than enough on street tires...

At the track the combination works...after a little chassis tuning a low to mid 10 is possible...the sound of the NOS purge at the staging lights always tickles me too...

But...

If I could do it all over again....I would walk into DC performance have them pull the motor day 1....send it to EED and then bolt 2 turbos to the sucker when it got back....then add a 100 shot for the launch...:D

C'mon guys lets keep this going please, :D

If anyone has questions on any of the above builds or any new builds please post them up:rock:

Stinker said:

If anyone has questions on any of the above builds or any new builds please post them up:rock:

Not enough HP here. Maybe next year.

i'm looking to get my engine rebuilt and stroked with forged internals,head work and big cam. i've got about 10K set aside now and was wondering if anyone could point me towards someone who could do these mods. i would like the engine to be able to handle about 850-950hp. i also realize it will more than likely cost more and i'm willing to spend about 15K total.

mysrt10 said:
i'm looking to get my engine rebuilt and stroked with forged internals,head work and big cam. i've got about 10K set aside now and was wondering if anyone could point me towards someone who could do these mods. i would like the engine to be able to handle about 850-950hp. i also realize it will more than likely cost more and i'm willing to spend about 15K total.

You're pretty close to Underground Racing (which is in North Carolina). If I were that close I'd go to them (THE best tuner in the country in my and others opinion). Just as Stinker, his truck was done by them.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
You're pretty close to Underground Racing (which is in North Carolina). If I were that close I'd go to them (THE best tuner in the country in my and others opinion). Just as Stinker, his truck was done by them.

yeppers, that would def be the closest to ya bro, and they are def top notch fellas.

I would love for them to become a vendor and have talked with them many times about it, but they are just so busy here lately they just havent had the time.
If ya need any info , such as numbers, dont hesitate to pm me bo.

Ok maybe a tad of my future plans,
changing from the vec to a AEM fuel managment, and installing a set of stryker heads, hoping for 1000rwhp on pump, but may have to upgrade the turbos, if so next year on that:D

Stinker said:

I'm keeping mine "close" to stock... Sorry. :eek: Maybe a DC/SCT flash and that about it. :dontknow: :)

I'm looking at some other things to go fast with. ;) :rock:

Any improvements for me in the future would be-A BIG TURBO or twin Paxtons(my favorite)
Max over bore/stroke, big inch(whats the most cubes you can go??)
I think its around 540 c.i.:dontknow: Also debating on diesel intercooler to run with my air/water intercooler(all comments are welcome!).:rock:
While I.m dreaming,Maybe a(hotrods from hell)rear suspension kit,six speed auto(diesel),custom 9 inch,anyone have an extra couple hundred grand laying around,cause Santas not answering my letters??:confused:
O.K. I,m back,I like this thread and I think anyone with ideas for an h.p. mod.,even whacked out ones,should post up,(you never know)!!!:D

Anyone thinking about spraying a Roe?

Justin, what do you think?

Roy

Prof said:

Roy
It can be done. Joe at PBJ asked me if I wanted to spray a 50-75 shot on my car to make 800/800. :nurse:

I said I have plenty for now, maybe later. :D :D :D

Prof said:

Roy

It works great on the car Roe setups, and they are much smaller than the truck blower. Keep the size reasonable, any huge shot will very likely net small HP gains (compared to the size of the pills, i.e. 300 shot pills = 200 shot), but big torque gains. Its not unusual for a 100 shot on a car Roe setup to make over 1000WTQ.
Justin

I want 505's setup eventually: rods, pistons and JMB sinlge turbo kit......I'd think 900+ HP is plenty fast enough for the street and maybe a possible 10 second run on a perfect pass at the track! Justin......how long do you anticipate until you start booking installs? Did you do the rods and pistons on 505's truck? It'd be sweet if you could provide an upgrade option through you or someone you trust to do the pistons and rods and checking the crank. How much do you think that option would run?

Rice Eater said:
I want 505's setup eventually: rods, pistons and JMB sinlge turbo kit......I'd think 900+ HP is plenty fast enough for the street and maybe a possible 10 second run on a perfect pass at the track! Justin......how long do you anticipate until you start booking installs? Did you do the rods and pistons on 505's truck? It'd be sweet if you could provide an upgrade option through you or someone you trust to do the pistons and rods and checking the crank. How much do you think that option would run?

Rods/pistons/rings/gaskets is in the $4000 area for parts, plus labor. I did not do the engine build on his truck, but it is something I offer. Im always ready for another one, had a few very interested but none committed yet.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
Rods/pistons/rings/gaskets is in the $4000 area for parts, plus labor. I did not do the engine build on his truck, but it is something I offer. Im always ready for another one, had a few very interested but none committed yet.
Justin

sweet thanks for the info bud!

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back