600+ RWHP club

Black1 said:
Let's not get into a bashing over X-Metals practices... good or bad.... please. This thread is a good one, lets not ruin it.

Put the info out there, and be ready to back it up with proof (with permission of course, from the source). Slander is rough thing to disprove in court.

respectfully,

the point of the thread is the good and the bad as pointed out in the first post...

Nowwhat said:
respectfully,

the point of the thread is the good and the bad as pointed out in the first post...

I agree, whole-heartedly, Mike...

I also think the thread was intended (Tony, please correct me if I'm wrong) to give your PERSONAL experiences with said vendor(s) or performance shops that did work on your own vehicle.

Jumping in with other people's problems, hearsay or not, is in bad taste... and will promote a pile-on of bashing each other that will kill the thread. And that would suck, because this could be a great resource.

I know you have had bad experiences with Gary, Mike. So, I think those should be stated for sure.... The other shit is just .... well... shit IMO. I've bought stuff from X Metal as well. It was not performance related, and (I think) is not pertinent on this thread.

Mike urge your sources to post their issues.

Your posting of their pm's to you just does not cut it...

They should be willing to help others with their experiences...

Prof said:
Mike urge your sources to post their issues.

Your posting of their pm's to you just does not cut it...

They should be willing to help others with their experiences...

Agreed! I think there are some things that need to be said... if the party/parties involved want to speak up, for the good of the forum.

Black1 said:
Let's not get into a bashing over X-Metals practices... good or bad.... please. This thread is a good one, lets not ruin it.

Put the info out there, and be ready to back it up with proof (with permission of course, from the source). Slander is rough thing to disprove in court.

I totally agree monkey nutz:D Unfortunatley there always has to be a defender of the world standing on thier Soap Box;) ;) ;) :p :D :D

includemeout said:
I totally agree monkey nutz:D Unfortunatley there always has to be a defender of the world standing on thier Soap Box;) ;) ;) :p :D :D
you rang..??..:D ..chill out guys, your bumming my pre Thanksgiving buzz..mucho luv.:cheers: :smokin:

ILtemprd said:
you rang..??..:D ..chill out guys, your bumming my pre Thanksgiving buzz..mucho luv.:cheers: :smokin:

I guess I could have said it better , but ,that was kinda the I felt my friend:D

ILtemprd said:
I think i'm trippin every time i see your sig. pic.:D :D :D :D

ILtemprd said:

Wilco sir!

My fault. Go back to your buzz.

Mike you have pm...sorry.

Roy

back on topic... not as bad ass as Walt's.....

VEHICLE BUILD SHEET

2005 DODGE SRT RAM QUAD CAB
OWNER: MIKE BRADY
BUILT BY: DC PERFORMANCE INC

ENGINE: Built by Exotic Engine Development
10-cylinder VGX engine
Forced Induction/ NOS specific build.
Block stress relived
Darton Cylinder Liners
JE 9.2 to 1 Pistons
I Beam connecting rods
Billet Main caps
Coated Bearings
Cloyes true roller timing chain
Mopar VGX camshaft (708 Grind)
Mopar Performance Hydraulic Lifters
Chromoly Pushrods
JM Prepared Heads
Ductile iron valve seats
Stainless Valves
Performance valve springs and retainers
ARP head studs
Port matched intake
RSI Throttle Body
ATI balancer
EED Breather system
Engine Dyno Tested
Engine output variable 700-1000hp

EXHAUST
VGX Production Manifolds
Inconel Manifold Shields
High flow midpipes
Brady Engineering Rear Exhaust

INTAKE
DC Performance custom fresh air intake
Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger system
Air to water intercooler
NX Express port Nitrous injection (programmable)
K&N Filters

FUEL SYSTEM
Paxton boost referenced fuel delivery
Walboro fuel pumps
FJO Methanol/ water injection system
EARLS Plumbing
Separate NOS fuel delivery system with 5-gallon tank

ENGINE MANAGEMENT/ ELECTRONICS
JENSEN JTEC CALIBRATION
FJO wideband air fuel system
GP MOTORSPORT wiring
FJO Displays/ Boost/ Air fuel/ NOS Pressure

COOLING
Cal Thermo 170 degree thermostat
Revised hydraulic fan cycle

DRIVELINE
WESTMINISTER TRANSMISSIONB Prepared Race Transmission
DTI Prepared rear axle conversion with Detroit Locker
4.56 gears

SUSPENSION/CHASISS/WHEELS/BRAKES
QA 1 rebound adjustable shocks
CAL TRACKS adjustable traction bars
X METAL coil springs/ bump stops
EBC Rotors and Pads
WILWOOD rear brake conversion
Big tires

SAFETY
None

Nice post Mike.

Incredible build sheets we have being posted up here.

I agree on a couple things, and disagree, but I am the one that requested the post be deleted.

I do not want this thread going south, and I am fixin to call a mod to have some deleted.

I will let Nowwhats one post stand, only because I know it to be true first hand, and I actually also know first hand by seeing it with my own eyes today of another but unless the owner wants it known, will not be talked about.

That is the purpose of this thread, to point out the good and bad, Jack had a vendor problem, as I did, and as K-man did, and honestly I think its that people are ashamed or embarrased, or afraid of being bashed that they do not come out about the problems they have had, I said I would hold this thread calmly and I intend for it to stay that way.

I really enjoyed this thread,BUT,
Almost Every time I decide to post on a thread,It seems to get HO,ED by bulls...t.Can,t we all just get along???????:dontknow:

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
I reached 702 rwhp/667 rwtq with the following motor mods only:

replacement motor from an '03 Viper with Diamond pistons added - ~$8500 plus labor
Paxton at 8psi - ~ $6000 (already on truck when I bought it)
Roe water/meth injection - ~ $300 I think plus labor
Belanger headers, no cats, 4 dynomax mufflers, custom Corsa exhaust - ~ $2500 (already on truck when I bought it)
Paxton and X-metal heat exchangers - ~ $900 I think plus labor
custom tune(s) through Joe Donovan at Performance by Joe - ~ $400-500 I think
VEC3 - ~ $1000
DC Performance blower flash, custom Paxton intake system, thermostat - ~ $1850

I'd have to think about how much I've spent but I know I lost a boatload ever since the original motor blew up. Then add the X-metal Gen IV shifter, lowering kit, gauges, tach light, EBC green brake pads, QA-1 adjustable shocks, etc. Now I'm depressed :(

Forgot to add the DC Performance blower flash, inlet system and thermostat.

ILtemprd said:
pass that over here....oh and Happy Thankgiving. :p

I do want to say one thing about Nowwhat, and would like everyone to take note.

Mike is a friend of mine, but he is also a very honest , down to earth caring person, after I spent some personal time with him , this became very apparent.

He actually does not have a personal vendeta against X-metal, but actually , like in his business that he has so prospered in , doesnt like to see anyone taken advantage of. If you would take a small bit of time to get to know the man, you would come to understand this. He actually (tho sometimes its hard to tell:D ) cares about each individual person on this forum, and has actually helped many behind the scenes.
I also recieved the same message almost to the T as Mike, but in Email, and it contained both sides of the story, but the party unless they come out in person is held in confidence, and I hold my word to that.

So dont think Nowwhat is jsut jumpin the gun, he actually gets very frustrated at hearing things happen to members and the way they are treated and it really gets to him more than most know, and it does me the same way.

Mike is a very valuable member of this forum, and is very outspoken,although in a much more political way VS my bust you in the mouth way;) so dont look at his view as bashing, but more of actually caring about many of our members

Some off topic posts removed at the Thread Starters request...This is great info guys and I for one appreciate you taking the time to share your hard work, valuable experience and great expense with everyone. Lets keep the spirit of Stinkers thread in check..Thanks.:)

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back