Any daily drivers out there?

andrew heywood said:
.....there is just such a good feeling about blowing the doors off some import hauling a ladder .... :burnout: :rock:
outran an m6 to 100 with some studs hangin out the back... and if you don't tie down an 8' stepladder, and gouge it...if she hooks up, it'll be sitting right where you were on the street!!!! don't ask me how i know...needless to say...i tie EVERYTHING off...just in case i need to prove a point!!!

viperhauler said:
outran an m6 to 100 with some studs hangin out the back... and if you don't tie down an 8' stepladder, and gouge it...if she hooks up, it'll be sitting right where you were on the street!!!! don't ask me how i know...needless to say...i tie EVERYTHING off...just in case i need to prove a point!!!
Boy dont I know it I use those ratchet tie downs, my ladder sits flat in the bed it is a sectional:rock: and by the way bro you and I have the same truck:rock: I got a m car the other day shiney new rag top with his paddle shifts he was multiple lengths behind:D

Never had a BMW but my best friend is bonkers over them...has owned over 30!

Buys them at the auctions, drives them a few months and sells them...he is tempting me...it would be a nice daily driver for the winter...and beyond...

Prof said:
Never had a BMW but my best friend is bonkers over them...has owned over 30!

Buys them at the auctions, drives them a few months and sells them...he is tempting me...it would be a nice daily driver for the winter...and beyond...
keep the miles down on your bad a$$..............TOTM....ya got my vote:rock:

I drive the truck all I can...just needs to be dry weather...it will turn over 35k the next time I drive her. But if the snow comes on Monday which is forecast, she may be put to sleep for the winter. Let the mods begin!

Prof said:
I drive the truck all I can...just needs to be dry weather...it will turn over 35k the next time I drive her. But if the snow comes on Monday which is forecast, she may be put to sleep for the winter. Let the mods begin!

Old guys rock :rock: :rock: :rock:

Prof said:

Put some tracks on that thing , make it into a snow cat for winter

Prof said:
Looking at a 3 series AMG right now as a daily driver.
Not trying to be rude Prof but the 3 series is a BMW and a AMG is a Benz..:D The fast 3 series is the M3. The AMG that is comparable to the 3 series is the C63.
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/overview.html
What ever you choose it will be fast if it has AMG or M attached to it.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
But why not the srt-8 charger, 300 they seem to go cheap with lots of get up and go:rock: :rock: Maybe the jeep AWD and can drive in the snow:rock:

I don't drive my truck daily..... but I always drive her to te club where I work on fridays and saturdays... the club is around 65 70 miles from my house so thats like 240 250 miles on 2 nights plus the ones on sundays....:rock: :D

trubuilt said:
Not trying to be rude Prof but the 3 series is a BMW and a AMG is a Benz..:D The fast 3 series is the M3. The AMG that is comparable to the 3 series is the C63.
http://www.mercedes-amg.com/
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicles/mseries/overview.html
What ever you choose it will be fast if it has AMG or M attached to it.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
But why not the srt-8 charger, 300 they seem to go cheap with lots of get up and go:rock: :rock: Maybe the jeep AWD and can drive in the snow:rock:

Not rude, absolutely correct! It is the M3 that has my attention...excuse the mental lapse. Actually if I went for the AMG I would look for a C55, older, cheaper and probably a good beater for the winter.

I have looked and looked at SRT 8's and really am taken by the Maggie...being a wagon lover...and I have come close to jumping several times...two things have sent me towards the M3:

1. Lots of them on the market now...and my best friend buys and sells them like M&M's...he is a BMW freak with a dealers license...and really an expert.

2. I am bound and determined to have a daily driver that I do not mod. I think the M3 would fit that bill and provide a fun ride for a couple of years.

Prof said:
Not rude, absolutely correct! It is the M3 that has my attention...excuse the mental lapse. Actually if I went for the AMG I would look for a C55, older, cheaper and probably a good beater for the winter.

I have looked and looked at SRT 8's and really am taken by the Maggie...being a wagon lover...and I have come close to jumping several times...two things have sent me towards the M3:

1. Lots of them on the market now...and my best friend buys and sells them like M&M's...he is a BMW freak with a dealers license...and really an expert.

2. I am bound and determined to have a daily driver that I do not mod. I think the M3 would fit that bill and provide a fun ride for a couple of years.

good morning proffesor... what are you doing up so early????

I think that if you buy the srt8.... in 2 months you will have it in the shop getting the mondello heads and cam etc etc etc... you will be very, very fast but I think you want a daily driver... you already have the fast machine.. so get the benz.... or the bimmer:rock: :rock:

Yup DJ, I think you are correct. If my plans work out, I will fly to Florida for a little fishing at Thanksgiving, and drive a BMW back to Chicago...

We need to share another Corona soon!

I like the idea about the corona... if you drive by NC... let me know.. you knoe mi casa es su casa.... just be careful on the drive..... the other day I drive my fathers volvo for about 2 hours and I was falling asleep... that car is very comfortable... now I can imagine the comfort of a bmw and drving for like what 40 hours....I like todrive a lot but in that in a bmw I don'teven think I will make it driving it for 2 hours...:D :rock: well I think the bmw will be very good fo a daily driver.....

ps. the comfort of my fathers old volvo is nicer than my 10... go figure.

Bought an 01 maxima to drive Monday - Thursday, then it is the truck Friday - Saturday :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back