Arizona Owners...Do you want to get out and Drive your trucks?!?

Sorry I couldn't make it...the Silver Bullet was more damaged than I thought. My agent isn't going to buy my story but hope everyone had a good time.

19028281_1X.JPG

So how did this cruise turn out? We missed you at the Pavilions Psycho1122.

Well, it did not go as well as planned....

Just as you and your buddies were worried about, We (couple friends, one with an 11' Roush Stang and one with a 12' ZX10R) got an early start on our road rally (about a 1/2 hour before sunrise), On the way back down the hill, I got nabbed for doing 124 in a 65. I was leading the way with help from my V1. However he got me with Laser!! My buddies are fine, they just made an example out of me. Truck was impounded and I got a free ride home in the DPS cruiser. To make matters worse, when the truck was fired up to go on the flatbed, there was a ticking / knocking from the engine. I must have overheated and ran the RPM's too high for too long.:mad: I did not even notice it during the run due to my B&B exhaust.
I sould have paid more attention to my oil temp gauge than my A/F guage:dontknow:

So, we did not make breakfast stop and I am bummed we were not able to hook up with Skypilot68 and have those Margarita's ;)

I will find out today sometime what will pan out with getting the truck back:confused:

BTW, I did not make the Pav's due to the fact that I had a few afternoon beers from my kegerator after a long day of house maintenance. I just will not drink and drive any of my toys. Maybe there will be some other time I will get to meet some of you members.

Later Guys.....

Just as you and your buddies were worried about, We (couple friends, one with an 11' Roush Stang and one with a 12' ZX10R) got an early start on our road rally (about a 1/2 hour before sunrise), On the way back down the hill, I got nabbed for doing 124 in a 65. I was leading the way with help from my V1. However he got me with Laser!! My buddies are fine, they just made an example out of me. Truck was impounded and I got a free ride home in the DPS cruiser. To make matters worse, when the truck was fired up to go on the flatbed, there was a ticking / knocking from the engine. I must have overheated and ran the RPM's too high for too long.:mad: I did not even notice it during the run due to my B&B exhaust.
I sould have paid more attention to my oil temp gauge than my A/F guage:dontknow:

So, we did not make breakfast stop and I am bummed we were not able to hook up with Skypilot68 and have those Margarita's ;)

I will find out today sometime what will pan out with getting the truck back:confused:

BTW, I did not make the Pav's due to the fact that I had a few afternoon beers from my kegerator after a long day of house maintenance. I just will not drink and drive any of my toys. Maybe there will be some other time I will get to meet some of you members.

Later Guys.....

I am sorry to hear about that! Hopefully the ticking noise is nothing major and how much does a 124 in a 65 ticket go for these days?

Few years back a co-worker was caught doing 129 in a 65...cost him a trip to jail, a $1,000 fine plus a suspended license.

Definitely sounds like not a good day in the desert...:(

I am sorry to hear about that! Hopefully the ticking noise is nothing major and how much does a 124 in a 65 ticket go for these days?
More than I care to discuss.
Few years back a co-worker was caught doing 129 in a 65...cost him a trip to jail, a $1,000 fine plus a suspended license.

Definitely sounds like not a good day in the desert...:(
Its no worse than the damage from your airdrop.

Damn that sux! Sorry to hear about that :(
Sounded like a great time till the LEO. Think he heard about y'all's drive?

Man, I hope your joking. I had a bad feeling all week, being hispanic, we dont get to many free passes from the law as it is, so I tend not to look for trouble. Really do hope your BS' ing us.

Later Guys.....
How come you didnt keep going..me and my buddy with a challenger RT havr flown past cops going 130+ they alway turn their light on and pull out but going 130 u can open up a preety huge gap in just a couple seconds. Get off at the next exit and pull into a restraunt and go inside. Saved my ass a couple times

I got a friend with a gsxr 1000 got clocked going 166 in a 65. He actually pulled over and let the cop catch up to him. To his suprise the cop let him go because he didnt expect him to pull over. That and the cop said it would have been to much paper work haha gotta love a lazy cop

I have a few dps buddies and they say the out lining guys (the officers further away from civilization) are usually jerks and don't hesitate to take someone to jail for that. So I'd say all things considered your lucky. I've also never heard of an officer giving someone a ride home after a 30 day.

No bueno! Tickets suck! Least you went home. My ass would have been behind bars. Those that know me have seen the way I drive. Im not much of a slow driver.:D

More than I care to discuss.

I appreciate you sharing via PM. I wouldn't want to post up on a public forum how much it was either. I'm just glad you got the truck back without any further issues. Just imagine how angry you would be if it was scratched or damaged in some other way while in their possession. :mad: Talk about adding insult to injury....

Damn that sux! Sorry to hear about that :(
Sounded like a great time till the LEO. Think he heard about y'all's drive?

He didn't hear it from members on this forum. We did joke about a line of Viper trucks being towed all at once when we were drinking a beer on Saturday.

Last edited:
Contrary to what Psycho thinks, I've run into cops on that stretch of highway when we travel. I leave Phx around 3 am and there is almost always DPS on that Payson highway.

I'm having trouble believing this story, tried to contact Psycho multiple times, no response.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back