Arizona Owners...Do you want to get out and Drive your trucks?!?

He responded to me via PM and it is legit.

Oh well, not my problem, doing 126 is more than a spirited drive. Glad as hell I didnt go on it, I drive truck aggressively, but thats crazy fast on a public highway.

Oh well, not my problem, doing 126 is more than a spirited drive. Glad as hell I didnt go on it, I drive truck aggressively, but thats crazy fast on a public highway.

Just give him some time, he will be back on the forum soon to fill us in as to what the noise was.....

Just for the record, I didn't say I wouldn't go. :D

....and you didn't.

p.s. this is how I make friends and influence people ;)

How did the drive go, any other trucks meet up?

If you were on the drive, you would have known how it went. No, no other trucks went.... either it was "too early", too much of a "road rally" or an apprehensive hispanic... :dontknow:

Well, it did not go as well as planned....

Just as you and your buddies were worried about, We (couple friends, one with an 11' Roush Stang and one with a 12' ZX10R) got an early start on our road rally (about a 1/2 hour before sunrise), On the way back down the hill, I got nabbed for doing 124 in a 65. I was leading the way with help from my V1. However he got me with Laser!! My buddies are fine, they just made an example out of me. Truck was impounded and I got a free ride home in the DPS cruiser. To make matters worse, when the truck was fired up to go on the flatbed, there was a ticking / knocking from the engine. I must have overheated and ran the RPM's too high for too long.:mad: I did not even notice it during the run due to my B&B exhaust.
I sould have paid more attention to my oil temp gauge than my A/F guage:dontknow:

So, we did not make breakfast stop and I am bummed we were not able to hook up with Skypilot68 and have those Margarita's ;)

I will find out today sometime what will pan out with getting the truck back:confused:

BTW, I did not make the Pav's due to the fact that I had a few afternoon beers from my kegerator after a long day of house maintenance. I just will not drink and drive any of my toys. Maybe there will be some other time I will get to meet some of you members.

Later Guys.....

This reply is more about what some members WANT to believe what would happen on one of my drives than how it actually goes. I've always believed in the phrase "There is thinking and then there is KNOWING". Some "think" that if you go on a spirited drive - you could end up impounded, in jail or worse.
Well, maybe so. However, if you have a the right recipe for the run, not only is it fun, you avoid all the pitfalls and minimize trouble with cagers and LEO's.

More than I care to discuss.

Its no worse than the damage from your airdrop.

Here is the first clue whether this was BS or not.......:chain:

Man, I hope your joking. I had a bad feeling all week, being hispanic, we dont get to many free passes from the law as it is, so I tend not to look for trouble. Really do hope your BS' ing us.

Man, you bet I was. What on god's green earth would give you a "bad feeling" anyway?!?:confused: I would be more concerned about drinking beer untill midnight or so, then getting into a 500+ h.p. pickup truck and driving home through Phoenix. I bet the Popo would have fun with that being "hispanic" and all. :D
Nobody is looking for trouble, I'm not out on runs driving like a total lunatic. I have a few, choice guys I have run with over the years. We run a solid and smart pace. Remember, there is a time to whoa' and a time to get. Drive smart, have fun and do it another day.
BTW, being hispanic should have nothing to do with it. Officers are guys just like the rest of us. They just have a tough job to do. I choose to be polite and respectful IF and when I get greeted by them.

How come you didnt keep going..me and my buddy with a challenger RT havr flown past cops going 130+ they alway turn their light on and pull out but going 130 u can open up a preety huge gap in just a couple seconds. Get off at the next exit and pull into a restraunt and go inside. Saved my ass a couple times

How come I did not keep going?!? Do you "know" (theres that word again) what the out of town roads are like out here?!? The huge gap you refer to has nothing on the radio or cell phones LEO's now use. By the time you get to the next junction or town (which could be 30 miles or more), they will be waiting for you and you will also have air support before then. The only other option would be to go "Dukes of Hazzard" style and maybe hide in a gully behind a rock.... LOL!!

I got a friend with a gsxr 1000 got clocked going 166 in a 65. He actually pulled over and let the cop catch up to him. To his suprise the cop let him go because he didnt expect him to pull over. That and the cop said it would have been to much paper work haha gotta love a lazy cop

Funny, this EXACT scenario happened to me a few years ago while out on a two wheel run. As soon as I saw the officer sitting in wait, I immediately pulled over (not hard to do from 1++ with Brake Tech brakes). He thanked me for pulling right over and then asked why am I in such a hurry?!?:D
The officer was not lazy, he was just cool.

Contrary to what Psycho thinks, I've run into cops on that stretch of highway when we travel. I leave Phx around 3 am and there is almost always DPS on that Payson highway.

I'm glad you "think" you know what I know :D Truth is, I have a pretty damn good knowlage of when and where the LEO's like to sit. Your depiction is probably on a weekday morning...which is not a good time to be out on a spirited drive anyway. ;)

I'm having trouble believing this story, tried to contact Psycho multiple times, no response.

Why would you not believe the story...?!? It is EVERYTHING you were worried about!! Too funny.....
Re; your attempts to contact me..? Funny how I hardly ever hear from you, then, you try three times in ONE day?!? Well, I have to be honest, I wanted to keep you on ice.:) Besides, I do work all day and sometimes it can get pretty busy. I also have a family too. Those joys and responsibilties take presidence over everything else.

Well "phxpoolboy".... I'm gald you did not go on the drive either. I probably would have had to contantly pull over to allow you to catch up anyway.;)
I've heard that Mother Mopar makes some chrome 22" training wheels with "spinners" in case you need them..... LOL!!

I least I now know what you think "crazy fast" is. What I would do if I were you. I would do some trackdays on thet 600cc motorcycle of yours and then go out learn what "Fast" is ;)

You all be cool, have fun and Rock ON!!:D

Now THIS should be interesting!!!

Too much of your babbling to read all your post Shaun or however you write your name. I work as well and have a family. I sent you a few messages to make sure it was all cool with your truck. My wife drives after we drink a beer for your info. You keep your drives in your slow ass Barrett Jackson wannabee truck. Your screen name and your posts prove not all nuts grow on trees. :D

As far as being hispanic and being pulled over, sometimes we dont get the benefits of being whitey. You'd probably kiss the cops azz anyway if you got pulled over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime you want to lose to a QC, you name the place, "bro".

Gotta race Liz's grocery getter first. With the 100's of shoe boxes in the trunk:flute: Then if you beat her. Then you can race the pretty black truck!:)

Anytime you want to lose to a QC, you name the place, "bro".

Oh my!! This is just too much...LOL!

I already did. You, ummm, decided not to go. I had a time and a place.

So, what is a race anyway?!? I'd say mile marker to mile marker:rock:

The giggle juice only lasts so long;). Then we need to see how big your nuts are to push it into the first turn and beyond............

Maybe you should show up with your bike first, just to see if you can keep up. Ya know, since your truck is so quick and all......
Better yet, you may just need to get a T56 first. :D

"wannabee" LMAO!

Cheers Guys!!

"you say "Psycho" like it's a bad thing"

I defer to the quote on IBEKYLEP's sig page. You do your kind of illegal driving I'll stick to my kind of driving. Sold my bike, never said I was a bad ass bike rider like you. Haha

Ohhh Yeah! I'm an Idiot........LOL!

.....and have a "slow ass truck", my truck is "purdy", I'm a "wannabee", i'm a crazy ass, I get up too early, drive spirited like a lunatic, I don't make friends very well, but at least I'm not a lefty, or ridiclule others for doing things differently and I dont bring race into the issue:confused: (see posts 50 and 69)

Of course, if you choose to make that part of the disscussion, I can play along :D

So really.... where's the arguement?!?

Last edited:
Ohhh Yeah! I'm an Idiot........LOL!

.....and have a "slow ass truck", my truck is "purdy", I'm a "wannabee", i'm a crazy ass, I get up too early, drive spirited like a lunatic, I don't make friends very well, but at least I'm not a lefty, or ridiclule others for doing things differently and I dont bring race into the issue:confused: (see posts 50 and 69)

Of course, if you choose to make that part of the disscussion, I can play along :D

So really.... where's the arguement?!?

Why doesn't your dumb ass go back to the post where you ridicule some of the members that just walk around at car shows? I get up early too, my truck is Purdy, it used to be slow, I do have friends, I'm not a "lunatic" that breaks the law knowingly on a public Highway at crazy speeds. Major difference between us is people seem to like hanging around me, notice that your spirited drive was a solo affair. Why don't you go watch a 300 or Gladiator dvd and chill out.

And if I bring up a racial comment, its as a joke. Most people here know what that is, most people call it a funny and leave it at that. Not sure about the 'lefty" comment, I'm right handed, not ambidextrous. :D

Everything thing I post on here is as a joke, you seem to be wound up too tight. I have a delete feature on my phone, its being put to use as soon as I finish typing. Later vato. :D

Everything thing I post on here is as a joke, you seem to be wound up too tight. I have a delete feature on my phone, its being put to use as soon as I finish typing. Later vato. :D

I think you guys should kiss and make up. Your losing sight of our common interest's. Thats little Dodge Rams with very large motors that make a lot of noise! :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back