Blackviper Engine Build

blackviper said:
Here are the pics of the setup. Not quite done but you can get an idea. The 6 Innovate LC1s and 2 Autometer widebands will be hooked up to the Dashdaq. I will be moving the two gauges from the steering column pod and mounting the Autometer widebands there. My day got cut short so I will be finishing the install next weekend.

DSCN1135.jpg

DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1137.jpg
Will the DashDaq read/display/log the stock O2 sensors for the driver and passenger banks? If it does, is there a reason to use the Autometer ones?

Looks Good. I am following this closely.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

It will log them but the stock O2s will only give you voltage as a measurement. They will not give you AFR.

The dyno day will be soon. I just need to rap up a few more loose ends.

Last edited:
Your work is always so clean...reminds me of Justin's installs...

Sweeeeeeet!

you need a co-pilot to monitor your guages. like Roy said very clean install.

blackviper said:
It will log them but the stock O2s will only give you voltage as a measurement. They will not give you AFR.

Maybe I am mistaken, but isn't that what the AEM sends out on its logging wire? Voltage? (I just looked it up. The AEM has a white wire for voltage and a blue wire for seial.

Will the DashDaq not interpret the 0-5 volt signal?

Thanks for sharing this info with me. I am looking very hard at copying this part of your install.

After my research and all the questions I asked, the Dashdaq will not interpret the output of the stock O2s. I believe it's something to do with them being narrow bands. If it were possible, you would need the factory O2 scale to program it correctly. This is why I'm using the Autometer widebands to average out the banks. Autometer uses a 0 to 4 volt signal and they provide the scale to program the Dashdaq for its interpretation.

So what all will it display? and what does it do?

The Dashdaq will display up to 32 parameters at once and record them if necessary. You can select from anyone of the OBDII signals as well as any daisy chained Innovate products.

Looks good brother! :rock: Nice work and nice to see thinking outside the box. :)
Is that shifter a detent shifter?

Cheers,
Carl

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back