Blackviper Engine Build

Here is some pictures of the 3/4 inch spacer for the Roe manifold. I also had some pieces fabbed to fill in the slots where the original diverter plates resided. The are held in place by screws. All this will allow enough room for a 1.25 inch intercooler core to work.

CIMG8289.jpg

CIMG8290.jpg

CIMG8292.jpg

CIMG8293.jpg

CIMG8294.jpg

Damn interested in how this will turn out!

This is a quantum leap...will you be putting it on a flow bench before installation?

Prof, I'd like to bolt up the blower after the intercooler installation and maybe spin it with some sort of electric motor. This will allow us to get flow numbers and see how even the air distribution is. The intake will spend the next 3 weeks in California. Can't wait to see the end result.

blackviper said:
Prof, I'd like to bolt up the blower after the intercooler installation and maybe spin it with some sort of electric motor. This will allow us to get flow numbers and see how even the air distribution is. The intake will spend the next 3 weeks in California. Can't wait to see the end result.

You are not alone in "cant wait"....:rock:

good stuff man, I think this will be the deciding factor in wether i sell the roe or install it. Prof made a good point to me and I have decided not to install it till the truck is paid off.:( :)

Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing the end results. Just a couple things that came to mind. Im sure you already thought about this but the belt will probably not be long enough anymore and also the support for the nose of the blower will need to be lengthened some how as well.

yellowfever#154 said:
Very interesting. Looking forward to seeing the end results. Just a couple things that came to mind. Im sure you already thought about this but the belt will probably not be long enough anymore and also the support for the nose of the blower will need to be lengthened some how as well.

ZOIKS!!!

shaggy.jpg

Good point i didnt think of that

Already had the braket for the blower snout extended by the same height of the spacer.

I'm not concerned about the belt length considering all the different idlers and manual belt tensioners I have to reconfigure this setup.

This is the old hot rod process...new ideas, lots of people supporting the concept, someone with the balls to jump out there and do it!:rock: :rock: :rock:

Very nice man. Way to go.:rock: :rock: Your already one step ahead of the game. Cant what to see the end resaults I should have mine on a dyno by the end of next week if I can get in. Way to think out of the box:burnout:

Very nice man. Way to go. Your already one step ahead of the game. Cant what to see the end resaults I should have mine on a dyno by the end of next week if I can get in. Way to think out of the box

Awesome. Keep us posted on the numbers.

blackviper said:
Awesome. Keep us posted on the numbers.
Just a little thought if you havent gotten that far yet. Keep your ring end gap close to stock, if they havent done that yet. But just a thought that this may be where we are losing power, well see soon:D

Ditto what Prof said about this being old style hot rod engineering at its best. :rock: You are accomplishing what many members have only dreamed of, and going where no man, not even the incredibly talented Sean Roe, has gone. :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back