Damn Stinker.
Who taught you how to copy/paste? :D
Let's try this again, for humans:

[START]
STAINLESS STEEL PTFE vs. RUBBER
Prepared by Adrian Nield
Head of Engineering- Goodridge-UK

Test Requirements
- Volumetric Expansion – This test is required for FMVSS 106 & SAE J1401. The results will determine the level of brake pedal feel experienced during depression of break pedal. In addition the results will have a positive/negative effect with regard to the vehicle stopping distances (dependent on any other brake assist features incorporated within the braking system of a specific vehicle).

- Burst Pressure/Working Pressure. Required for FMVSS106 & SAE J1401

- Whip Test. Required for FMVSS106 & SAE J1401

- Hose Life Expectancy.

Results for Volumetric Expansion
Requirement as per FMVSS106
Low Expansion Hose –
  • 0.33 cc/ft(1.08cc/m) @ 1000 PSI
  • 0.42 cc/ft(1.38cc/m) @ 1500 PSI
  • 0.61 cc/ft(2.00cc/m) @ 2900 PSI
Results:

Stainless Braided PTFE Hose –
  • First recordable data at 0.010% (0.0002932cc/ft) @ 4000 PSI.
Rubber Hose -
Note – results may vary slightly dependent on manufacturer.
  • 0.136 cc/ft @ 1000 PSI
  • 0.150 cc/ft @ 1500 PSI
  • 0.290 cc/ft @ 2900
Although the Rubber hose does meet the requirements of FMVSS106 it is clear from the results that the almost zero expansion rate of the braided hose cannot fail to have a positive effect on brake pedal feel/pressure at caliper and, potentially, stopping distances.

To demonstrate the ACTUAL effect this would have we requested performance data from one of our key customers.

Results for Burst/Working Pressure
Requirement as per FMVSS106 / SAE J1401
  • 100% PRESSURE TEST all hose assemblies.
  • 3000 – 3600 PSI – Hose assembly shall show no signs of leakage/rupture.
  • BURST TEST – required for initial approval.
  • 4000 PSI FOR 2 minutes. Pressure is then increased to 7000 PSI.
  • Hose assembly shall show no signs of leakage/rupture.
Results:

• Burst test result 12750 – 13500 PSI
  • Recommended Safe working pressure 4250 PSI
Rubber Hose –

• Note – Hose data supplied by other rubber hose manufacturers may vary.
  • Burst test results – 8000 – 9000 PSI
  • Recommended Safe working pressure 3600 PSI

Burst/Working Pressure Conclusion
Although the Rubber hose meets the requirements the safe working pressure quoted is no higher than the 100% pressure test requirement.
Also the burst test results give a SAFETY FACTOR OF 2.36 when divided into the quoted safe working pressure.
The Stainless Braided hose has a SAFETY FACTOR of 3.00 with a much greater burst pressure.

Results for Whip Test
Requirement:
  • A Hydraulic brake hose assembly shall not rupture when run continuously on a flexing machine for 35 hours.
Results:

Stainless Braided PTFE hose –
  • 6 sets of tests carried out with varying hose lengths. Each set consists of 4
    hoses.
  • Results range from 45 - 82 hours dependent on length of hose.
  • Date of tests Jan – Feb 2005
Rubber Hose –
  • Results stated from rubber hose manufacturer exceed 35 hours.
  • NB: Goodridge UK have performed internal tests on 5 rubber hose assemblies
    (each from a different supplier). The results range from 15 – 27 hours.
Whip Test Conclusion
Although the UK rubber hose manufacturer states compliance to the Whip Test as per FMVSS106, our internal testing of rubber hose assemblies shows failure of hoses prior to the 35 hours minimum requirement.

The Stainless Braid hose complies fully to the test requirement.

Hose Life Expectancy
There are no specific requirements for Hose Life Expectancy however this should be a consideration when deciding on which product should be selected for a specific application.

Results:

• Guaranteed for Life of Vehicle, usually stated as 150,000 miles.
  • This is possible due to the high quality PTFE liner and the Stainless Steel
    Braid.
Rubber Hose -
  • 3 years or 60,000 miles
  • Note - This is the average quoted life expectancy, We have not carried out
    any testing to verify this data.
[END]

There we go....MUCH better.

Here's a link to the original PDF if anyone wants it:
http://www.goodridge.net/usa/pdf/all_markets/Goodridge_stainless_v_rubber.pdf

Stinker,
I'm already working on separate oil cooler and braided oil lines. We've already spec'd the cooler and its now at the manufacture for build. My dealer is working on adapter from the engine block to AN line conversion. I'm expecting the cooler in about 2wks then we'll manufacture custom mounts and lines. The only thing I haven't got started is proper caps for the factory oil/coolant cooler.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14721

Chuck B said:
Stinker,
I'm already working on separate oil cooler and braided oil lines. We've already spec'd the cooler and its now at the manufacture for build. My dealer is working on adapter from the engine block to AN line conversion. I'm expecting the cooler in about 2wks then we'll manufacture custom mounts and lines. The only thing I haven't got started is proper caps for the factory oil/coolant cooler.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14721

the adapter can be bought in a day, a oil cooler is readily available on the national market, and the factory oil cooler can then be bypassed and removed, so why caps? they wouldnt be needed anyway?

Last edited:
Got the lines in:rock: will take a few pics later, will try install tonight for a length check.

may have to make a braket or two ,jsut not sure yet.

but can get red .black, or clear, or nuttin for a covering, not sure on the price yet , he didint have it figured up yet when I picked up all the lines

oh and dont have anything onthe cooler lines yet, will have to take mine off and up to him to see if he can do em

I voted for both the cooler lines and the brake lines but would be very interested in a brake line kit that had a complete kit including a trick bracket for a line lock setup as described in this thread http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15370 . It would be the perfect time to swap everything out and install the linelock too with all the new braided lines. I would go for the complete line kit with the Linelock lines plus the third line for the rears going from the MC to the ABS as well as the complete front lines and rear section to the calipers. How much for something like this! I saw the other post but Stinker never really touched on the subject of doing the line lock with the complete front and partial rear braided line kit! Damn, I thought the brakes were grabby now, I cant imagine after replacing most of the tubing with braided line!!

Last edited:
lbstone said:
I voted for both the cooler lines and the brake lines but would be very interested in a brake line kit that had a complete kit including a trick bracket for a line lock setup as described in this thread http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15370 . It would be the perfect time to swap everything out and install the linelock too with all the new braided lines. I would go for the complete line kit with the Linelock lines plus the third line for the rears going from the MC to the ABS as well as the complete front lines and rear section to the calipers. How much for something like this! I saw the other post but Stinker never really touched on the subject of doing the line lock with the complete front and partial rear braided line kit! Damn, I thought the brakes were grabby now, I cant imagine after replacing most of the tubing with braided line!!

LOL I hear ya cat daddy!! I'm gonna make sure it all works and give Justin a call, dont wanna step on his toes , he has a killer braket:rock:

Pics of the brake line kit so far, may have to fab a bracket, gonna start in a minute or two on the install.

also may need someone with an 06 interested in buying a kit at a reduced rate to try and make sure it works,

I have an 04 rc, and a 05 QC so dont know if any the difference withan 06

Would be interested in the brake line kit depending on price as well as the oil cooler kit pending price and some real world temp differences between stock and the upgrade.

--wes

Stinker said:
Pics of the brake line kit so far, may have to fab a bracket, gonna start in a minute or two on the install.

also may need someone with an 06 interested in buying a kit at a reduced rate to try and make sure it works,

I have an 04 rc, and a 05 QC so dont know if any the difference withan 06
LOOKS HOT!
Good work, Tony!

BTW- Your brake line kit should also work with regular Hemi's (RumbleBee's, Daytona's, GTX, etc.). They have a different ABS controller, but still have 2 lines to work with. :)

05viper qb said:
would like both

cool bubba:rock:

got part of the brake system installed and jsut want to make sure it is as easy as possible with people needing nothing.

so it may take a couple days to get it perfect.

looks like the rear is gonna be a cake walk, the front may be a different story.

but remember guys, I'm jsut a redneck in a barn doin this now:D

oh and on the oil cooler deal, I have to remove mine to take to them to see what they can do.
I am actually workin also on a new truckin deal and may have to leave the first of the week,, but will try and have the brake deal finished up by monday .

now they did tell me if we get a number of orders to give them a few weeks to make them up, since our trucks use metric fittings, and they dont stock a ton of those, they actually do alot of the nascar deals in charlotte, so it may take them a lil extra to get all the parts in dependin onthe orders.

But on the oil cooler, I figured I would see if they can do a replacement line, and the cost,

Then here is my take on the oil cooler,
I dont have a decent line on a cooler to get it cheap, so we may go with a premade cooler that I can attach AN fittings to sorta like the one I use on my rig.

Now It will be easier and cheaper if we make it to where it will just mount to the radiator like an auxillary fan, but i may look a liil closer and may be able to fab up a bracket to mount it up front also.

So if anyone reads this give me ya input please.:D

UPDATE

finished the rear line kit, installation is pretty easy, no drilling or modifictations needed so far

all I need to know if this is satisfactory to everyone?

This will replace the entire rear oem lines from the frame down to each caliper.

now in the pics, the ends of mine will look different due to the willood calipers, but all that I will have to do is order the lines for a factory axle with banjo ends.

Kevan said:
Is that your RC or QC?

RC, all of this is done on my truck, but at the same time , using my QC also to make sure it will all work , or if there are any differences, thats why its taking so long

How are the lines connected to the axle on each side?
Also, how is the T-connector attached to the axle?

I'd go crawl under my truck to see how the OEM lines are run, but....you're the one with the lift.
:D

Kevan said:
How are the lines connected to the axle on each side?
Also, how is the T-connector attached to the axle?

I'd go crawl under my truck to see how the OEM lines are run, but....you're the one with the lift.
:D

dont have a lift bro:D

on each side of the axle the lines will run thru the stock mount that holds the oem line, that way it will move with the suspension and will not have anything to rub against.
the T is just like the oem T, it is held on with the vent tube, in the oem T and the new T there is a hole for the vent tube to screw down into the axle.
all you will have to do is unscrew the vent tube, remove the oem T and instal the new T.

Stinker said:
dont have a lift bro:D

on each side of the axle the lines will run thru the stock mount that holds the oem line, that way it will move with the suspension and will not have anything to rub against.
the T is just like the oem T, it is held on with the vent tube, in the oem T and the new T there is a hole for the vent tube to screw down into the axle.
all you will have to do is unscrew the vent tube, remove the oem T and instal the new T.
Cool.

- And the loop over the diff. housing? Your DTS cover is a lot different than the stock RC cover and does not have the linear shock. How would the lines be routed with a stock RC diff. cover?

- What are the connection types at the stock brakes? (Banjo bolt?)

- Will the kit come with the banjo bolt already pre-attached to the line, or will there be a separate part included?

- Lastly, can we get these in colors other than silver? Black? Red? Hot Pink (for NowWhat)?

(hate me yet? LOL)

Kevan said:
Cool.

- And the loop over the diff. housing? Your DTS cover is a lot different than the stock RC cover and does not have the linear shock. How would the lines be routed with a stock RC diff. cover?

- What are the connection types at the stock brakes? (Banjo bolt?)

- Will the kit come with the banjo bolt already pre-attached to the line, or will there be a separate part included?

- Lastly, can we get these in colors other than silver? Black? Red? Hot Pink (for NowWhat)?

(hate me yet? LOL)

yes it will just loop behind the third shock mount.

the banjo bolt actually is threaded into the line

that is all they have, clear , black, red.

give me jsut a minute and I will post a pic of the front line before I start on it

Will the kit come with the (3) guide eyelets for passing over the diff. cover?
(like the ones attached to your top three diff. cover bolts).

Is the new T made from brass or stainless steel? Any option there?

I like the pre-attached banjo bolts, and the available color options.

No hot pink? Well...so much for seeing it on the SuperTank. :D

pics of the front cable

this goodridge shop is located in mooresville nc, they are not as large as the mother company in Cali, they cater 95% fo the biz to nascar teams, and thats why they are there, the other 10% is for the harley custom guys in the charlotte area.

thats why they dont carry the full line of colors, and also why it may take 2-3 weeks to make up an order, they dont normally carry much fo the metric thread fittings.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back