Completed JTS Venom Hood

I got a message from Carl while on the tractor earlier guys,

he said he made a few 100+mph runs on the freeway and the hood was rock solid:rock:

Stinker said:
I havetn had wipers since 04:D

:bs:

You don't have to lie to make friends Tony!

100_1545.jpg

Stinker said:
LOLOL I remember that, yep momma made me puttem on to go to panama, good thing she did too:D

But I do remember the GTG before that they were off.

Stinker said:
I got a message from Carl while on the tractor earlier guys,

he said he made a few 100+mph runs on the freeway and the hood was rock solid:rock:

Yep, I did that and this hood is like a rock, with some fibre hoods you'll see a little compression at high speeds and flutter in some areas, nothing, not anywhere rock solid.

Now a couple other observations:

Outside temp was 91

I don't give a damn if it's 5 degrees outside or 115 here in the desert, my truck runs at 200 degrees and oil temp is always 200 degrees.

Today going to and from SanBernardodo, my oil temp stayed at 180 degrees and so did the water temp. That is something that has never happened since the first time I stuck a key in this thing.

The hood was very well received today at the car show we went to, I wrote JTS Performance and the web site more times than I can remember on pieces of paper.

At then end of the day, it turned out to very a nice day, good weather, lots of cars & trucks, and the 1st place award for trucks went home with the driver of a Dodge SRT 10 with a JTS Venom Hood in it.

Good day.

Last edited:
thks for sharing the pictures we all were waiting for :rock: , the result looks freekin fantastic !! Good choice on the paint/vinyl btw.

No pics of the truck at the show? :confused:

wow, those PT Cruisers sure have a following.

That's not a decal, it's ghosted on the hood. ALL PAINT and you'd have to see it in person to really get the full effect, from an angle in the light, it sparkles, then in some light, you just can't see it.

Last edited:
WOW!! That hood looks killer,I sure like that fang emblem,you just gave me an excellent idea!! But Sneaky Pete though!! Excellent looking hood!!

ccfeyh said:
That's not a decal, it's ghosted on the hood. ALL PAINT and you'd have to see it in person to really get the full effect, from an angle in the light, it sparkles, then in some light, you just can't see it.

what color did you use for the ghosted Emblem? i am gonna have some ghosting air brushed on my hood and emblem in the future and havent found a good color to do with black

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back