Engine is at Arrow

No surprises, the day was typical of what I have seen in the past.

Engine did not ship.

After more than 7 months, I am now waiting on a front cover gasket.

This delay has likely eliminated the possibility of getting my truck running by my B-day on the 18th. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

tinygiants said:

Engine did not ship.

This delay has likely eliminated the possibility of getting my truck running by my B-day on the 18th. To say I am disappointed is an understatement.

WT*,:banghead: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm: :secruity: :eviltongue:

tinygiants said:

Engine did not ship.

Why am I not surprised:dontknow: I haven't recieved my payment yet either:argh: :argh:

Have you talked to him lately?:dontknow: What's he tellin ya?

Waiting is the hardest part. This is one of those things you don't want to rush. Although 7 months is a long time to wait.

No one can stay in business taking seven months to build an engine.

kyle's srt10 said:
Have you talked to him lately?:dontknow: What's he tellin ya?

I spoke to him today. He was apologetic and urgent in his demeanor. The delay is a result of not ordering the gasket for reassembly. This is a result of dropping the details between Arrow doing the machining and PBJ doing the assembly. :dontknow:

Supposedly this is the last part we are waiting on. It should be in, in a day or two:dontknow:

tinygiants said:

Engine did not ship.

sorry to hear that dale....... hopefully it will be done soon & you'll be able to enjoy your truck again. :)

When all else fails take your engine back:

BBall3rdGameAug22008938.jpg

Life is not fair, and if I realize that it goes much better for me.

Tiny when you get your motor the wait will make it all the better.

I know for myself, the anticipation is usually better than the reality............

Good luck with your project.

No word from Joe. He is not answering again. Out of town again?:dontknow:

But the truck is being moved to the engine install shop from the fabrication shop. The engine may not be ready for my truck, but my truck is ready for it.

Joe has not sent the engine yet?

Dale this is serious...I seem to be the only person (besides you) that is very worried about this situation. A week for a gasket?

I'd be sending the local police...I mean Tim, in his Viper to see what has happened...he works for the courts, and should get Joe's attention. Sorry friend...

I just don't understand................... It would take me a week or 2 too overhaul at 4000 HP 12,000 Cubic Inch engine............ That is taking alot of measurements, shimming, adjusting lash, Installing 2,000 pound blowers, enormous turbo's..............OUTSIDE!

I just don't get what takes so long on a viper engine........................ Take the damn thing back without the front cover, and close the door on him.

Jay is so correct. Viper engines do take time but I believe Dale must have the record on slow rebuilds...seven months...

I pulled my job from Joe because he agreed to a January pick up of my vehicle in November of last year. I returned early from a vacation so I could be home for the January 7th date. He had still not picked up the truck in Mid-March...I pulled the job and got a builder who said it would take him 6 weeks in his garage...that is exactly what it took.

We have talked before about PBJ delivery problems. I know of others that have pulled their work from him.

Joe does great tuning and I don't think I have ever heard of major problems from his builds. I have also heard of him doing super human things to make things right in the few instances where something has not been exactly right.

But Dale, pull you job from him. I hope it is not too late...does anyone know if he is really still in business? Justin? Tim? Can you help Dale out on this issue?

IT'S JUST A ENGINE!

Measure bores and parts if in tolerance install them, plastic gage it, Torque it, time it, and START IT!

And for the love of GOD don't put your ring gap in a a straight line! :)

Hey maybe they mismatched rods and caps and its taking a long time to sort that out!

Prof said:
Jay is so correct. Viper engines do take time but I believe Dale must have the record on slow rebuilds...seven months...

I pulled my job from Joe because he agreed to a January pick up of my vehicle in November of last year. I returned early from a vacation so I could be home for the January 7th date. He had still not picked up the truck in Mid-March...I pulled the job and got a builder who said it would take him 6 weeks in his garage...that is exactly what it took.

We have talked before about PBJ delivery problems. I know of others that have pulled their work from him.

Joe does great tuning and I don't think I have ever heard of major problems from his builds. I have also heard of him doing super human things to make things right in the few instances where something has not been exactly right.

But Dale, pull you job from him. I hope it is not too late...does anyone know if he is really still in business? Justin? Tim? Can you help Dale out on this issue?

Roy, I do not know which Member is Tim. But I certainly would appreciate any and all help in moving my project along.

To be fair to Joe, I must also include this. My engine was seen by a member here on July 30. And yes Joe is still very much in business. Is his business healthy in a financial way? Only he and his accountant can speak to that. But the onsite evaluation that was shared with me was this: Joe is working on our projects. He is not screwing us with the exception being time.

On Monday of this week, I was told that a gasket was not ordered. It would be in in a day or two. I called on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with no answer or answering machine. I can only assume that he got an out of town tune job so my project is left waiting. Maybe my engine was shipped....but I never was notified of the shipping number. :dontknow:

I agree that this has gone on long enough. It is my every intent to have my engine shipped as soon as I can get someone on the phone. I will have it completed elsewhere if it is not complete now.

This would make one heck of a TV docudrama......The days of our engine....

Dale, Tim is ViperTruck2933.

He lives in St. Louis and knows Joe very well. He is a straight shooter and a Joe supporter.

I'm out of this publicly...my experience with Joe may have been the exception, I have already said too much that is negative.

But if I can help Dale, please PM me.

Roy

tiny Joe is a very busy dude, but with that said it is taking way to long,

and to be honest you are WAY TO MUCH OF A NICE GUY!

you need to drop the yes sir stuff, get a set of nads, call him up, and DEMAND you engine. bottom line;)

Stinker said:
tiny Joe is a very busy dude, but with that said it is taking way to long,

and to be honest you are WAY TO MUCH OF A NICE GUY!

you need to drop the yes sir stuff, get a set of nads, call him up, and DEMAND you engine. bottom line;)
gotta agree with tony on this........ it's been way too long to be nice any more. :(

Woo Hoo,
I just got home and my Nitrous kit is here waiting on me. My birthday is Monday, so I will wait to open it. I am starting to get excited. Just a few more small parts and all of my things will be ready and waiting.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back