Everyone will be selling there shifters!!!!

It's only going to shift as fast as you pull the lever, you'll still have to use the clutch to shift aswell. It's a sequential SHIFTER not a sequential transmission.
There is a mechanism at work. Mechanisms take time. I'm skeptical that it's actually faster to use this than to shift conventionally.

It's only going to shift as fast as you pull the lever, you'll still have to use the clutch to shift aswell. It's a sequential SHIFTER not a sequential transmission.

Correct, its just converting H pattern to inline, it is not a sequential transmission by any means. If you faceplated your T56 then you can use it clutchless after the launch. A true sequential will have straight cut gears and kills ignition/rev matches to make shifting much smoother and easier on parts. That's typically around $20K....

So talk about it. How much faster per shift is this shifter than a regular shifter?

Correct, its just converting H pattern to inline, it is not a sequential transmission by any means. If you faceplated your T56 then you can use it clutchless after the launch. A true sequential will have straight cut gears and kills ignition/rev matches to make shifting much smoother and easier on parts. That's typically around $20K....
admittedly, i didn't actually watch the video.
it's not what i thought it was.

but if it was, this is from wiki on shift times:

Gearbox shift times (Fastest to slowest)

Bugatti Veyron (DSG): 8 ms[2]
AUDI (DSG)(Also S-TRONIC): 8 ms[2]
Volkswagen (DSG): 8 ms[2]
Alfa Romeo Mito & Alfa Romeo Giulietta (2010) Dual Dry Clutch Transmission TCT: 8 ms[3]
Ferrari 430 Scuderia: 60 ms[4]
BMW M3 E92 with M-DCT: 80 ms[2]
Ferrari FXX: Under 100 ms[5]
Drag car: 100 ms
Maserati GranTurismo S Cambiocorsa: 100 ms
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: 100 ms[2]
Automatic/semi-automatic transmission: 100 ms
Clio RS EDC 200: 150 ms (race mode)[6]
Enzo Ferrari: 150 ms[2]
FXX Evoluzione: 160 ms[2]
Lexus LFA: 200 ms
Nissan GT-R: 200 ms
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: 200 ms[7]
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale & Ferrari F430: 250 ms[2]
Audi TT Quattro 3.2 (Direct Shift): 200 ms[8]
BMW M5 E60 with SMG III: 250 ms[2]
BMW M3 E36 with SMG I: 250 ms[2]
Aston Martin Vanquish: 250 ms[2]
The fastest (Race gearbox) manual: 250 ms[citation needed]
Ferrari 575M: 280 ms

i know for a fact, driving the bmw you can't even blink and it's changed gears... i think when we did the powershifting thread it was .18s for the quicker guys???

so basically, this has nothing to do with this thread and i wouldn't want this trans knowing what it is.

You can't out shift an auto. And if someone can drive, this is a gimmick.

Practice or go built auto.

You will not out perform a properly built auto with a manual clutch. I dont care who you are. So let's not get into that.

You can't out shift an auto. And if someone can drive, this is a gimmick.

Practice or go built auto.

You will not out perform a properly built auto with a manual clutch. I dont care who you are. So let's not get into that.

I agree 100% on the shift times, but how much more HP is being robbed by an auto if you compare it to a stick that is built to handle the same HP/Torque?? I'm not stating that I know this, I am actually wondering. Has anybody had their truck or any vehicle for that matter on a Dyno with nothing being changed outside of the tranny swap?

I agree 100% on the shift times, but how much more HP is being robbed by an auto if you compare it to a stick that is built to handle the same HP/Torque?? I'm not stating that I know this, I am actually wondering. Has anybody had their truck or any vehicle for that matter on a Dyno with nothing being changed outside of the tranny swap?

On a dyno pull you can do a "reverse" pull. That measures the percentage of power loss in the driveline.

The loss will vary from model to model but it's pretty consistent that automatic boxes have 5% - 10% more loss than a manual box in a comparable model.

--CC

On a dyno pull you can do a "reverse" pull. That measures the percentage of power loss in the driveline.

The loss will vary from model to model but it's pretty consistent that automatic boxes have 5% - 10% more loss than a manual box in a comparable model.

--CC

Well then at 500whp I'd like to keep my 25-50 extra HP! Especially seeing as how I was pulling into 4th gear at the 8th mile, with no shifting in the second half of the track...(In my truck). 50 extra HP come in pretty handy on the big end of the track.

Great idea and looks amazing. But for everyday driving- id say no. Too busy imo. I like going from 1-2-3-6. That is normal for me. Rather than going 1-2-3-4-5-6. Then coming to a stop and going 6-5-4-3-2-1. Too much work.

with modern autos and gearing in them, it doesnt matter. The auto will still produce better results. Plus it can get very expensive racing a manual trans vehicle that hooks at the strip. The shock off the line hurts a lot of things. My truck has been down for about 3-4 weeks due to launching off the two step of slicks...back in November:mad: Racing get expensive though, especially when more and more power gets involved.

Last edited:
admittedly, i didn't actually watch the video.
it's not what i thought it was.

but if it was, this is from wiki on shift times:

Gearbox shift times (Fastest to slowest)

Bugatti Veyron (DSG): 8 ms[2]
AUDI (DSG)(Also S-TRONIC): 8 ms[2]
Volkswagen (DSG): 8 ms[2]
Alfa Romeo Mito & Alfa Romeo Giulietta (2010) Dual Dry Clutch Transmission TCT: 8 ms[3]
(MY ZX12R NINJA: 50 ms) Electric Pressure sensing shift rod w/ MPS coil kill box. Clutchless upshifts. Never miss a gear. :rock:
Ferrari 430 Scuderia: 60 ms[4]
BMW M3 E92 with M-DCT: 80 ms[2]
Ferrari FXX: Under 100 ms[5]
Drag car: 100 ms
Maserati GranTurismo S Cambiocorsa: 100 ms
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG: 100 ms[2]
Automatic/semi-automatic transmission: 100 ms
Clio RS EDC 200: 150 ms (race mode)[6]
Enzo Ferrari: 150 ms[2]
FXX Evoluzione: 160 ms[2]
Lexus LFA: 200 ms
Nissan GT-R: 200 ms
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: 200 ms[7]
Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale & Ferrari F430: 250 ms[2]
Audi TT Quattro 3.2 (Direct Shift): 200 ms[8]
BMW M5 E60 with SMG III: 250 ms[2]
BMW M3 E36 with SMG I: 250 ms[2]
Aston Martin Vanquish: 250 ms[2]
The fastest (Race gearbox) manual: 250 ms[citation needed]
Ferrari 575M: 280 ms

i know for a fact, driving the bmw you can't even blink and it's changed gears... i think when we did the powershifting thread it was .18s for the quicker guys???

so basically, this has nothing to do with this thread and i wouldn't want this trans knowing what it is.

Great idea and looks amazing. But for everyday driving- id say no. Too busy imo. I like going from 1-2-3-6. That is normal for me. Rather than going 1-2-3-4-5-6. Then coming to a stop and going 6-5-4-3-2-1. Too much work.

No biggie... just like shifting a modern high performance motorcycle. :D

seems like with this trans you can keep the clutch depressed and "skip" gears...

i don't see why you couldn't...

No thanks, that's out of my league. If I had caveman money I'd buy a new one every year. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back