Forced Induction Questions - Help Me Decide

The pro charger is nice. So are the twin turbs, single turbos. But to run around the street you cant beat the Roe. Its a cost effective way to make USABLE hp all across the power band. By usable I mean 6-7 hundred ponies.
Anything more than that starts to border on dangerous. With 10 lbs of boost a forged engine will live, that is you will have the same factor of safety like you had when it was a new engine. If you want to start making huge amounts of power be prepared to start taking this thing apart at regular intervals (10k-15k miles)

belgiumbarry said:
for me the ROE .... it's a 1 weekend install.. :rock: :rock: :rock: :eek: :D

Yes for most of us it would be a very quick install...but then there are those of us who are perfectionists....those people take six or eight weeks...not mentioning any names of course...:D

Last edited:
Prof said:
Yes for most of us it would be a very quick install...but then there are those of us who are perfectionists....those people take six or eight weeks...not mentioning and names of course...:D
Stirring the pot first thing ehhhhhhhhhhhh, must be warm back there:dontknow: or the snow blower is broke:p :p :D

Prof said:
I believe that is a bit of a stretch...but a nice endorsement of the product, I think...:hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:

I agree prof. I meant that quite of few of the roe's have been on at least 2 trucks. I fully endorse ROE racing and their super charger, this coming from someone on the westcoast if ya know what i mean

I think Roe stopped selling the GenII viper blower (2.8l)...but not positive. PROCHARGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top end of 4th gear is where its at!

Carl,

I have had the ROE, my truck was the second truck it was on and now it is going onto a 3rd truck. The ROE was fun, but 600hp in my opinion isnt enough with these heavy brick trucks.

I would wait to see the outcome of the smaller Procharger Justin is developing. It maybe exactly what you are looking for.

Tyler

Something that might need to be addressed...........the Paxton mounts in the right side of the engine bay.......Carl's truck has been converted to a right hand driver........wonder what would need to be done to make the Paxton mount on the left side?.....:dontknow: .................Roe should be no problem since it mounts on the top...

There have been a couple Roes break into the 700s.....cant remember who........I just recently dynoed 670HP @ 4700 RPMS...had to cut off at that point because of a miss-fire....havent had time to get back on the dyno since fixing the miss-fire problem...Based on the 670 I have been told to expect around 720 at 5800RPM......Stinker's 7" crank pulley and std Roe pulley..

TNVIPER said:
Something that might need to be addressed...........
Stinker's 7" crank ..

what kind of friends are u?:D :p

My opinion is if you want the Paxton get the Procharger. My hope is that Roe's new kit will utilize a slightly larger twin screw. Then either can give you 700HP now and in excess of 1000HP with a pulley swap in the future.

DECISION MADE

Thanks for everyone's input, it's much appreciated. ;) After a few beers, some time at the "decision" table and doing a lot or research here and on the www, I have decided the best option for me and The BATRAM is Roe's set up. Reasons: He's awesome to deal with, backs his work up and will be there for me after the sale if he's needed. It makes the kind of power I am wanting and with a built engine, who's to say we can't make more than 700rwhp (that's the goal 700). The Paxton set up won't work with a RHD truck and to tell you the truth, I love the looks of the Roe's top mount system + it will give me that low down grunt of which I am a fan of.

JMBs set up is nice but after some thought, just way overkill for my 95% street driven brawler. I want to be able to use most if not all of my hp/T and not have to keep backing off and pedaling it (not each and every time all the way up the rpm range), the novelty will wear out fast and it's a little overkill for a street driven truck like mine, fine if it were mainly a track truck. I got an email from Sean @ Roe Racing and he said; "I have done what I wanted to do for testing and will be making the final decision (based on the numbers I needed to crunch) soon. The most probably possibility is we’ll go back to the previous design and parts, but change them up a bit." Only time will tell but it was and will be a safe set up IMO. Can't wait to get started on these performance mods.......:burnout: Just have to confirm with Sean that everything will work with my RHD set up, I can't see any issues though.

Thanks again guys!
Cheers, Carl

RoeRacingSupercharger2.jpg

Carlwalski said:
Thanks for everyone's input, it's much appreciated. ;) After a few beers, some time at the "decision" table and doing a lot or research here and on the www, I have decided the best option for me and The BATRAM is Roe's set up. Reasons: He's awesome to deal with, backs his work up and will be there for me after the sale if he's needed. It makes the kind of power I am wanting and with a built engine, who's to say we can't make more than 700rwhp (that's the goal 700). The Paxton set up won't work with a RHD truck and to tell you the truth, I love the looks of the Roe's top mount system + it will give me that low down grunt of which I am a fan of.

JMBs set up is nice but after some thought, just way overkill for my 95% street driven brawler. I want to be able to use most if not all of my hp/T and not have to keep backing off and pedaling it (not each and every time all the way up the rpm range), the novelty will wear out fast and it's a little overkill for a street driven truck like mine, fine if it were mainly a track truck. I got an email from Sean @ Roe Racing and he said; "I have done what I wanted to do for testing and will be making the final decision (based on the numbers I needed to crunch) soon. The most probably possibility is we’ll go back to the previous design and parts, but change them up a bit." Only time will tell but it was and will be a safe set up IMO. Can't wait to get started on these performance mods.......:burnout: Just have to confirm with Sean that everything will work with my RHD set up, I can't see any issues though.

Thanks again guys!
Cheers, Carl

You have chosen wisely......

I'd have to say Roe too;)

WHOOOOOOOP..... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOP..... WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP.................

I'm awefully tempted to put one back on my truck and be more careful with the boost and tuning this time:D

no offense but the roe is a lil weak for me but hey if 650 hp is all you want go for it just remember these things weigh a fuck load takes big hp to move them

505'sFastestViper. said:
no offense but the roe is a lil weak for me but hey if 650 hp is all you want go for it just remember these things weigh a fuck load takes big hp to move them
I can't speak for all Roe owners (lol) but no offence taken. ;) I will be working with Sean to achieve some good numbers and build the engine up with forged and performance goodies. 700rwhp is achievable and for me, that is more than enough for the street. Anymore and it becomes too much, you bounce around, hop, pedaling heaps, no traction and basically "waste" all that power. Good for the track though. A well tuned 500rwhp truck would more than likely deal to a 800rwhp truck on the street as it can use all that 500rwhp @ WOT. This is a good amount without being overkill and even the figure I'm aiming for will be pushing it for traction in major way but I'll try to dial the suspension in afterwards. I'm happy with my choice as are many others, especially those who built their engines inside to out. :D

Prof said:
Great Carl...we are here to help in any way we can.
Thanks mate, I'd be interested in hearing what you used in your engine build. Seeing some searches I see you were into the 13K mark. :eek: YIKES lol Did you build your rotating mass for the purpose of "strengthening it" or for both strengthening and performance (ie: changing from stock to aftermarket style specs)? Not sure exactly where I begin but I'm talking with Sean and have the ball rolling now. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back