Forced Induction Questions - Help Me Decide

Carlwalski

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Yes, I know.....I know, I've been here long enough to know how to use the search button and I'm sorry this topic keeps coming up but between my OCD and wanting to do things right, I just had to start my own thread. I know my options and they are; Roe Racing which I am very happy to go, Seans service is fantastic and he has helped the Batram a lot. The power is lower and comes in hard which is great for my "street" truck. Prices are fair and he is very easy to deal with. My second option is Paxton. They seem just as well liked around here and are just as proven out on the roads. Power comes on further up the rpm range. I have seen in posts here that the Paxton is capable of more psi and power, whereas the Roe Racing SC is limited. I haven't dealt with Paxton before, no dramas though.

Lastly; JMBs Procharger kit. OK, most of you guys will probably know I had some bad service from Justin, well, lack of professionalism is more the case. His products seem to be great but to me, he came across as a little terse. But his kit does look very nice and I like the fact it can be tuned anywhere from 500rwhp up until the wallet gets too thin. But, not sure if I'm keen to use Justin or vice versa as he may not want to deal with me. This basically closes that door - which is a shame. At the end of the day, bad service or "differences" aside, I want the best for my truck. Not sure if it's worth pulling the socks up and trying to make peace to work together? :eek: :dontknow: As I said, I just want the best kit for THE BATRAM. For what it's worth, yes, I will be building the engine up (forged pistons, etc) and building my engine inside to out. My aim is around 700rwhp but it would be nice (not essential) to be able to make more if I wanted/needed to in the future. The Batram will be a TH400/RC.

Thanks,
Carl

BatramEngine.jpg

personally, i think there's still one option you may want to consider....... it's one i plan on in the future when the economy gets better......

put on a set of stryker heads, roller rockers & needed pieces - along with a good cam..... i plan on adding nitrous later (justin's setup, but other's are available)..... with your forged bottom end, strykers & nos - you'll easily achieve your 700hp wants......:D

IMO

I believe Roe doesnt sell any more SC for our trucks.

If had to pick between the 2 I think the paxton is an overall better system

As far as justin goes, he is top notch in my book. He is very professional and always takes time to go over things with every of his customers. However a person can only be pushed so far(he is only human) before he bursts.

Thanks everyone, please keep the input/opinions coming. :)

As far as I understand, Roe is in the middle of testing a new SC.

Roe stopped selling their SC? Wow that is saying something if its true.

700 hp? Thats a lot of hp loving.....forge everything as you said you were going to do. I would call Justin and talk about his kit and talk over your differences to see if you can work together.

This is a big step for the Batram.....its a beast now already!!

patrick

moparracing said:
personally, i think there's still one option you may want to consider....... it's one i plan on in the future when the economy gets better......

put on a set of stryker heads, roller rockers & needed pieces - along with a good cam..... i plan on adding nitrous later (justin's setup, but other's are available)..... with your forged bottom end, strykers & nos - you'll easily achieve your 700hp wants......:D
Does make sense but I really want to go the FI route with the Batram.
I also like the idea that with FI and a built engine, the hp/T levels really are endless (to a point). :D

mauiSRT/10 said:

700 hp? Thats a lot of hp loving.....forge everything as you said you were going to do. I would call Justin and talk about his kit and talk over your differences to see if you can work together.

This is a big step for the Batram.....its a beast now already!!

patrick
Thanks for your advice, input and kudos Patrick. :)

mauiSRT/10 said:

patrick

Yeah I believe thats what I heard around here on the forum a while back. When I called sean a few months back he said they were gonna redesign it and put out a new version. no dates were given. The website still shows it but its not avail. All the Roe's you see here on the forum have been on at least 2 different trucks

FerrariTruck said:
All the Roe's you see here on the forum have been on at least 2 different trucks

I believe that is a bit of a stretch...but a nice endorsement of the product, I think...:hmmmm2: :hmmmm2: :hmmmm2:

Last edited:
love my paxton! I have it and the supporting monitoring systems to keep it cool and safe! and don't get greedy with the boost

i had the roe on my first truck and i loved it. simple to work on. going with a paxton on this one basically what your planning build the bottom end and see what we can make out of it.

eddie102870 said:
i had the roe on my first truck and i loved it. simple to work on. going with a paxton on this one basically what your planning build the bottom end and see what we can make out of it.

Came across this very early picture of your Roe Eddie...this is prior to it first being fired...interesting history picture...

1fast400install.jpg

Keep in mind also that there is an intercooler in the works for the ROE ,a member here should be getting it back any day i would guess! I would bet he will hit 700 WHP easy when he has it all back togtether!!

Prof said:
Came across this very early picture of your Roe Eddie...this is prior to it first being fired...interesting history picture...

1fast400install.jpg
that was a early pic by the time i had it the top piece behind the T/B was already powdercoated, in that pic its not. i do like the fuel rails.

To hit 700hp I'd do a Paxton, better intercooler than the stock Paxton piece, tuner of choice, headers, Stinker's new pulley to help with belt slip and raise the boost slightly. Good reliable product, basically a kit (although you need to have Paxton modify the orientation of the exit to run a better intercooler), with those things and the less parasitic trans you'll be at 700 to the tires.

For more power than that turbos are the way to go IMO. Justin's setup is very well done but I don't know how much of a "kit" it is. You'd prob need to have the piping fabricated locally to you (hardest part).

For me it would come down to who is local that is capable of working on it and are they good enough for turbos?

The Roe IMO is the way to go. As far as it not putting out I believe me and a few others are going to prove that not to be the case shortly. People forget the roe for are our trucks where designed for a stock motor, so with the help of sean and and the rest of us putting our heads together I forsee just as much if not more as the Paxton jmo. but it really all depends on what you want.

There are a few options you can go with,
Paxton(my favorite),Roe(great low end grunt),Procharger(all out awesome)
and Turbo's(Deep pockets required).
From what I've seen,the Roe is the easiest to work on.The Paxton install is a bit more involved,but ,with the S.C.T.,you can eliminate alot of wiring,
tuning is awesome and the power band is more linear.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back