Forced Induction Questions - Help Me Decide

While the stock cam is fine...there are some aesthetic virtues to a lumpy one!

The next engine mod I will add is a cam for sound...the stock one is fine for my current level of performance...but if I were to go back inside...I would find one that adds a little bumpy sound and some additional blip to the idle!

Touche Roy. :) That Comp Cam one sounds nice.
For me, I don't think I want to add any lump to a ProCharged engine, I want this thing as civil as possible. :D

bigike said:
I must have missed the post, you are going with a procharger now?
Yes, post #100, first line (and then splashed about in posts from then forward). I haven't "officially" told anyone yet, nor will I at this stage, as I want to do my homework (this time) before I "commit" to telling the VTCOA brethren. Roe's SC is good but after homework and research and considering my aims and my style of vehicle, it's not the right choice for me. If I do go the full flog and FI the BATRAM then it will be a ProCharger, this I am sure. When, that's the unknown (broke). :eek:

bigike said:
Have you seen the video of the roe on gas?
Not sure, seen a lot of the videos on You Tube and Streetfire of the Roes, Kenne Bells, Paxtons and ProChargers. Another reason is I'm not a huge fan of the "whine" and have told people like Roy and Sean himself, this. Just a little too squeaky nuts for me lol. It's like an evil character with a 13 year old voice. It did grow on me but I think that was me forcing myself to "like" it. Just my opinion. Videos on gas, NOS or not, a ProCharger is the only way to go to make big hp from 700rwhp up without any issues and the future is wide open in terms of more left in it. Plenty more. First things first, the auto conversion then it's time to cross the FI bridge.

I appreciate the input everyone. :)

Carlwalski said:
Not sure, seen a lot of the videos on You Tube and Streetfire of the Roes, Kenne Bells, Paxtons and ProChargers. Another reason is I'm not a huge fan of the "whine" and have told people like Roy and Sean himself, this. Just a little too squeaky nuts for me lol. It's like an evil character with a 13 year old voice. It did grow on me but I think that was me forcing myself to "like" it. Just my opinion. Videos on gas, NOS or not, a ProCharger is the only way to go to make big hp from 700rwhp up without any issues and the future is wide open in terms of more left in it. Plenty more. First things first, the auto conversion then it's time to cross the FI bridge.

I appreciate the input everyone. :)
WOW... :eek: first person that I can remember who does not like the sound of the roe.

amtrucker22 said:
WOW... :eek: first person that I can remember who does not like the sound of the roe.
First one perhaps to speak up. :D Nah j/k. Just my personal taste.
I'm used to the more "manly" supercharged sound like 6-71 blower belt sounds.

Well you will be trading the whine for a whistle. You can muffle the whistle by routing the bypass valve back into intake though. Most don't though because then you muffle the cool pstpst sound when you close the throttle at high rpm's. Has RamfromHell posted any videos of his Procharged truck running?

Carl I'm working with a Krout named Collin he want to know where you got your right hand conversion done.

He has a ford 150 converted, cost him 10 grand. He wants me to find him a lightning or harely engine for his ride!

I can't get enough of them krouts! His nick name is JUG. He is 50 and can drink me clear under the table if I let him!

He also has a 1980 Falcon UTE, that he put a 351 CLEVLAND in! I'd like to ride in that!

pokeytemplar said:
Well you will be trading the whine for a whistle. You can muffle the whistle by routing the bypass valve back into intake though. Most don't though because then you muffle the cool pstpst sound when you close the throttle at high rpm's. Has RamfromHell posted any videos of his Procharged truck running?
Yup, the whistle is fine and is very understated and not in your face = perfect. :)

bigike - Krout I'm guessing is an Aussie then I can't help, mine was done in New Zealand (it's a different country :p ). He'd have to do his own home work and call around, like I did. I'm not familiar with any Australian conversion shops sorry. For $10 grand that sounds awful cheap. There is one guy down here (no longer in operation, thankfully) who did $18K "conversions" at his home address and they were cheap and nasty. $25K base price is the cost down here and anything on top extra, eg: 4 power seats, takes time to do it properly. Anyone can hack. ;) Didn't know about the Roes being the fastest 2nd, 3rd and 4th, nice to know. To be fair, there are what, 2 running ProCharged SRT/10 posters here, both are yet to dyno and tune properly. Early days for the ProCharged SRT/10 Rams.

Now mine is in a Durango so yours will definitely differ. I have not heard a Roe in person so I could not directly compare the "noise" of each. Trust me I love the sound of my Procharger.

pokeytemplar said:
Now mine is in a Durango so yours will definitely differ. I have not heard a Roe in person so I could not directly compare the "noise" of each. Trust me I love the sound of my Procharger.
Thanks mate! What head unit are you running in the Durango, many different sizes. If it's an F2 in the Durango, you are nuts lol. :D

Carlwalski said:
Thanks mate! What head unit are you running in the Durango, many different sizes. If it's an F2 in the Durango, you are nuts lol. :D

I am running a D1-SC (same size as the Paxtons). It was the largest one I could get that would have worked on my v-8 and then the rebuilt 10 I planned to put in. I got creative with the 10's build so now the D1 is way too small for the V-10 (560ci). Currently my plan is to put a Whipple 5L on it with my own intake design. As always it is the money that makes these projects take so long.:eek:

Sounds good mate, be cool to see it once it's done. Good on you for going your own route. :)

If there isn't anything on the market you like or that suits..........build it. ;)

Well, now I'm having second thoughts LMAO!! Shit, this stuff gets hard to choose sometimes, I thought I had my decision the first time around with Roe, then ProCharger, now I'm thinking Roe again - ARRRGGGHHHH!!! :mad: My main concerns with going the ProCharger route are: engine damage/wear, reliability and the fact it could possibly be too much for the street, definitely traction wise. The Roe is a good unit, looks awesome under hood and with 650rwhp-700rwhp is about perfect for a street brawler. I like to use what I have and would find it annoying to have to pedal it everywhere just to get a full run @ WOT.

The sound, well, it is definitely growing on me and I've been searching a lot for video sound clips, one of them is below and being an all blacked out SRT/10 definitely gives me goosebumps envisioning the BATRAM rolling up the street like that (but more sinister :D ). While the Roe is limited in hp, it is also good factor when engine reliability and wear come in. If it were a street/strip truck then a ProCharger would be the way but for an all out street truck, Roe with it's instant torque is where I'm heading.

First things first, I need to calm down and continue my research. I think the best thing to do is get the auto (4L80E) in and set up and drive it like that to see how the truck reacts and how it drives. If it's OK as is, heck, I may just N/A the engine lol doubtful but who knows!! If it's sluggish and needs some grunt then Roe it is. I think I need to stay with my goals, what I originally wanted, even prior to this thread. The BATRAM (or any Batmobile lol) needs to have a SC engine, no question. My goals are to have more than stock, with 200rwhp added from a Roe I feel that is comfortably achieved and is all usable. I'll keep you posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d1bvo65JGE

:rock:

Carlwalski said:
Well, now I'm having second thoughts LMAO!! Shit, this stuff gets hard to choose sometimes, I thought I had my decision the first time around with Roe, then ProCharger, now I'm thinking Roe again - ARRRGGGHHHH!!! :mad: My main concerns with going the ProCharger route are: engine damage/wear, reliability and the fact it could possibly be too much for the street, definitely traction wise. The Roe is a good unit, looks awesome under hood and with 650rwhp-700rwhp is about perfect for a street brawler. I like to use what I have and would find it annoying to have to pedal it everywhere just to get a full run @ WOT.

The sound, well, it is definitely growing on me and I've been searching a lot for video sound clips, one of them is below and being an all blacked out SRT/10 definitely gives me goosebumps envisioning the BATRAM rolling up the street like that (but more sinister :D ). While the Roe is limited in hp, it is also good factor when engine reliability and wear come in. If it were a street/strip truck then a ProCharger would be the way but for an all out street truck, Roe with it's instant torque is where I'm heading.

First things first, I need to calm down and continue my research. I think the best thing to do is get the auto (4L80E) in and set up and drive it like that to see how the truck reacts and how it drives. If it's OK as is, heck, I may just N/A the engine lol doubtful but who knows!! If it's sluggish and needs some grunt then Roe it is. I think I need to stay with my goals, what I originally wanted, even prior to this thread. The BATRAM (or any Batmobile lol) needs to have a SC engine, no question. My goals are to have more than stock, with 200rwhp added from a Roe I feel that is comfortably achieved and is all usable. I'll keep you posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d1bvo65JGE

:rock:

Whatever way you decide to go,I am sure it will be a perfect compliment to an already awesome truck!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back