Header Wars!!!

I'm running the American Racing Headers. So far seems like a good header. But hard to tell how much gains I got from them. Cause I went from a stock Dyno run to a header, catless mids, BBK TB, SCT Chris Jensen tune a year later on my next Dyno. So to hard to gauge the gains. Sorry this don't help much.

I'm running the American Racing Headers. So far seems like a good header. But hard to tell how much gains I got from them. Cause I went from a stock Dyno run to a header, catless mids, BBK TB, SCT Chris Jensen tune a year later on my next Dyno. So to hard to gauge the gains. Sorry this don't help much.

It all helps..
American Racing, the header chosen by Dodge for the Gen IV Vipers. Yes, your power went UP and that is definitely in the right direction. :) You home again?

Last edited:
I hope my B+B exhaust will be on the high power side !!!

They will work just fine, Greg.

Viper-engined Forum discussions between shorties and long tubes had shorties doing really nothing but the longtubes did "something" in the power department.

As for which brand...? Budget and longevity are factors. Cheapies, whether headers or mufflers tend to rot earlier than the better and more costly stuff.

And then there are sound preferences. Some guys like the deep rumble, some the loud popping on decel, and some kind of a loud psuedo-ricer V-6-'ish sound.

Power differences between brands? Not sure about that, unless someone chooses primary pipes that are too big for the application. In that case, torque DROPS right in a range where headers are supposed to work better than manifolds...

Heat-Wrap? I like the coating idea more. Wrap around here, with our large temperature swings, just traps the moisture and the tubes rot out quicker than without wrapping.

Tri-Ys using paired cylinders (like your B&Bs), tend to build torque in a specific r.p.m., range more so than a conventional tube layout. Maybe a better choice for the trucks.?.

Last edited:
WTF seriously???? i said ive been hearin about american racing headers and would like to see sum dyno numbers...whats your deal dude

The "deal" is that you are very abrasive. The fact that your posts piss off different people, regardless of which thread you post in, should make this abundantly clear to you.

The MOFO headers are the best. If I remember right I gained 30RWHP tested on a dyno with before and after installion dynos on the same day. Work was done at DC Performance that is now called Specialty Performance Team.

The MOFO headers are the best. If I remember right I gained 30RWHP tested on a dyno with before and after installion dynos on the same day. Work was done at DC Performance that is now called Specialty Performance Team.

I read about those.
Yeah the guys that used them reported good power gains. The guy selling them went under or something?

Greg

Did you remove the stock cats at the same time?
I would like to see a dyno comparison of stock manifolds(especially ported) with cat-less mids and some long tubes with cat-less mids. I think this is where most of the power/weight difference comes from.

Did you remove the stock cats at the same time?
I would like to see a dyno comparison of stock manifolds(especially ported) with cat-less mids and some long tubes with cat-less mids. I think this is where most of the power/weight difference comes from.

Let me clarify for you. The before dyno I had the stock manifolds with JMB mids and 2 JMB High Flow Cats with the Magnaflow exhaust. The next dyno on the same day at the same shop was the stock manifolds were replaced with the Mofo's. Some modifications to the mids had to be done to accept the long tubes.

so are you speeking for everyone now?...

it's speaking... with an "a"
https://www.google.com/search?q=spe...&sugexp=chrome,mod=9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

argument-rule.png

you guys are a bunch of whiney little bitches!!!

Whatever, Tool. The fact is that you piss people off in every thread that you post in. If you are too narcissistic to see that you are the problem, nothing I can say will convince you otherwise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back