Header Wars!!!

Psycho Mythic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hit me with it, what kinda numbers do they throw down, and which do you guys like best? I had Billy Boats on my 06 and loved em, but thinking about trying a diff kind this time.

Bassanis?
Mopars?
Belangers?

Belangers rock i got atleast 90rwhp lol.. plut 40 on the cats, and another 30 catback.

But seriously I like Belangers, they are a tri-wy system which alows each pipe to flow smoothly and join in the base of the header with no restrictions.

You can get the American racing headers in a 1-7/8 primary. So depending on how serious you get with your mods you could go with those.

Long tube give the most hp an a set of cut out gives even more with a good tune

Canviper picked up some power with the American Racing Headers. I don't have the #'s with me at work, so hopefully he will chime in. :)

I picked up zero at the dyno with my MOPAR LT's, but my truck was retarded:p, before the cam swap.:D

There about 8 to 10 hp difference with the right tune on the dyno

Canviper picked up some power with the American Racing Headers. I don't have the #'s with me at work, so hopefully he will chime in. :)

I picked up zero at the dyno with my MOPAR LT's, but my truck was retarded:p, before the cam swap.:D

You picked no power with $2000 mopar long tube headers!?

You picked no power with $2000 mopar long tube headers!?

My stock cam was retarded. I picked up nothing with tunes, headers etc. I am at 3600ft also. Ronnie still runs stock manifolds with his Strikers and has the same power as mine.

Love my Belangers! Those, Mopar, B&B, or Bassani shortys. Can't go wrong on these manufacturers. Which provides most power....? We'll never know. They each provide a different exhaust note and look different and are priced vastly so enjoy your choice bro.:D

i put on belangers and high flows and an sct tuner all at once and made less power, lol but got 1/2 second quicker in the 8th... different dynos, different locations... anyways...

personally, i would go with belangers... for the money and they're coated, and you don't have to remove anything to do it... like the steering column...

they're the easiest headers i've ever installed on anything... and i've installed lots of headers on v8's...

i probably would have gone with ARH but their customer service dept. sucks and they wouldn't even give me a quote over the phone... so i said fuck 'em and got the belangers... their loss...

i wouldn't even consider a header just for looks... be better off porting and coating the oem manifolds...

I'm running the Mopar LT's, they look sweet all twisting around and I believe they are the only equal length header available! So the back pressures ate all the same on every cylinder!

I hope Ronnie chimes in.

I read on this very forum that a normal RC picks up 40 RWHP with the Belangers.

I hope Ronnie chimes in.

I read on this very forum that a normal RC picks up 40 RWHP with the Belangers.

Ronnie should be getting off the plane about now......if he wasn't delayed, due to the current snow storm at work.

Headers SHOULD absolutely, positively work.

But on these engines, sometimes the results are totally lame. I haven't spent much time researching this but I keep seeing similar results and results trump theories EVERY TIME, in my mind.

The majority of power gains with headers on the Gen III Viper engines seem to be on the so-so to low side. And OldColt's truck isn't the only viper powered vehicle that was "Non-Responsive" towards headers. But his engine was "special" and wouldn't respond to S.F.A. !!! Well, until it was forced to with a new camshaft installation. :)

Threads in the past on these forums, have some guys saying they feel headers are a total waste of money. Then there are guys that have had some measured, even decent gains, in both torque and horsepower. So, there you go...

Manufacturer's claims are often always very positive (no surprise there) but, for the most part, I haven't seen anything too outstanding yet.

With the latest round of mods on my personal vehicle, I may have to break down and retire the o.e.m. manifolds, I guess I'll have to wait and see.. If I do, I'll favor the smaller primary pipes for best results at our altitude.

If I was strictly RACING my truck, for example, I'd be using headers, without a doubt.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I do appreciate the added sex appeal under the hood that comes with a god set of headers, but I'm gonna have to find a real deal before I pounce! :D

Headers SHOULD absolutely, positively work.

But on these engines, sometimes the results are totally lame. I haven't spent much time researching this but I keep seeing similar results and results trump theories EVERY TIME, in my mind.

The majority of power gains with headers on the Gen III Viper engines seem to be on the so-so to low side. And OldColt's truck isn't the only viper powered vehicle that was "Non-Responsive" towards headers. But his engine was "special" and wouldn't respond to S.F.A. !!! Well, until it was forced to with a new camshaft installation. :)

Threads in the past on these forums, have some guys saying they feel headers are a total waste of money. Then there are guys that have had some measured, even decent gains, in both torque and horsepower. So, there you go...

Manufacturer's claims are often always very positive (no surprise there) but, for the most part, I haven't seen anything too outstanding yet.

With the latest round of mods on my personal vehicle, I may have to break down and retire the o.e.m. manifolds, I guess I'll have to wait and see.. If I do, I'll favor the smaller primary pipes for best results at our altitude.

If I was strictly RACING my truck, for example, I'd be using headers, without a doubt.

This was some interesting reading, I think my biggest exhaust mod will be a set of JMB catless mids with OE manifolds and exhaust.

I like my Belangers and Lou is based locally and a cool dude. His tri Y design makes sense to me and I run 11.56 with spray and a 12.8 on motor with a QC. Stock internals and just bolt ons.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back