headers

Annu Kumar said:
I give the chicks free Textbooks and in return they do me a favor in the bedroom:rock:

:needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics: :needpics:

Westxsrt10 said:
I'd stay away from the Gibsons, expect 3 rwhp at best! I had them on my truck for 3 weeks and sold them on the other SRT site for $250. The Gibsons primary tubes 1 5/8" are too small for the head ports :dontknow:
How do know this? Did you dyno before and after your gibson install? I think the gibsons are more about torque than they are hp.

so many to choose from
and you guys have diffrent opionions

i do not go track racing
so they are for street driving

If your just street driving leave the manifolds on. Nowwhats old truck the Super Tank ran in the 10's with manifolds. IMO For what headers cost you don't get much gain, but if you want headers the gibsons are the best bang for the buck. If you want alittle more go for the bassanis, but they cost alot more.

I beleive the Bassani's are about $200 more but look what you get...the proper size tubes for our trucks. I bet the stock manifolds flow more then the Gibsons.

Gibsons on top pics

Westxsrt10 said:
I'd stay away from the Gibsons, expect 3 rwhp at best! I had them on my truck for 3 weeks and sold them on the other SRT site for $250. The Gibsons primary tubes 1 5/8" are too small for the head ports :dontknow:

Thats Not true the gibsons are tuned header and I have no complaints about it. And I think Mike Noid picked up 19 rwhp from them

Westxsrt10 said:
I beleive the Bassani's are about $200 more but look what you get...the proper size tubes for our trucks. I bet the stock manifolds flow more then the Gibsons.

Gibsons on top pics

The stock what????????????????? there is a Night and day difference Going to the gibsons from stock!!!!!!! I can Spin and break loose in second gear. without them I could not spin the tires like that

Westxsrt10 said:

Gibsons on top pics
Who sells the bassani's for $800?

Annu Kumar said:
Thats Not true the gibsons are tuned header and I have no complaints about it. And I think Mike Noid picked up 19 rwhp from them

Gibsons are not a tuned header...a tuned header has equal length tubes. The Bassani's are near equal length.

so would i be better staying with standard manifold and getting jmb catless mids?

and getting a tunner from dc ?

Westxsrt10 said:
Gibsons are not a tuned header...a tuned header has equal length tubes. The Bassani's are near equal length.

well I guess you can put a lawsiut on gibson's for lying on their website. They said that their headers are tuned

yes its cheaper which is good

but if its worth getting i would bet them

v10 fat said:

Tell you what They make a DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get them you wont regret it. I was amazed on how this truck launched and got out of the hole much quicker after the gibsons. And improved torque in the mid rpm

Gibson Headers

Unleash Your Vehicle’s Full Power Potential!

Every Gibson Header is Dyno-tuned and engineered to deliver more usable horsepower and torque at low and mid-range RPM highway speeds. Improves engine’s ability to breathe and cooler operating engine temperature. Designed as a direct replacement for the factory manifolds, using the stock crossover pipe. They are well suited for lowered and raised vehicles, street and off-road. 50 State Street legal. Meets EPA and CARB requirements. Will not affect the factory warranty.

It's Your Choice:

Nickel Chrome Plated - heavy duty 14ga steel tubing for extended durability and longer life

Stainless Steel- 409L heavy duty 16ga tubing

Ceramic Coated – 409L Stainless steel heavy duty tubing with hi-temp polished coating

Features:

- Mandrel-bent tubing – for optimum airflow and increased Horsepower
- Heavy duty 3/8â€￾ thick laser cut port flanges-no warping or leaking
- Bolt on installation- no welding required
- Attaches to the original equipment crossover pipe
- Air injection & oxygen sensor fittings provided
- Premium gaskets and hardware
- OEM style connections
- 50 state street legal

They say they are "dyno-tuned". They don't call them tuned headers. I have always been under the impression that "tuned" means equal length primary tubes.

sleeper said:
Gibson Headers

Unleash Your Vehicle’s Full Power Potential!

Every Gibson Header is Dyno-tuned and engineered to deliver more usable horsepower and torque at low and mid-range RPM highway speeds. Improves engine’s ability to breathe and cooler operating engine temperature. Designed as a direct replacement for the factory manifolds, using the stock crossover pipe. They are well suited for lowered and raised vehicles, street and off-road. 50 State Street legal. Meets EPA and CARB requirements. Will not affect the factory warranty.

It's Your Choice:

Nickel Chrome Plated - heavy duty 14ga steel tubing for extended durability and longer life

Stainless Steel- 409L heavy duty 16ga tubing

Ceramic Coated – 409L Stainless steel heavy duty tubing with hi-temp polished coating

Features:

- Mandrel-bent tubing – for optimum airflow and increased Horsepower
- Heavy duty 3/8â€￾ thick laser cut port flanges-no warping or leaking
- Bolt on installation- no welding required
- Attaches to the original equipment crossover pipe
- Air injection & oxygen sensor fittings provided
- Premium gaskets and hardware
- OEM style connections
- 50 state street legal

They say they are "dyno-tuned". They don't call them tuned headers. I have always been under the impression that "tuned" means equal length primary tubes.

Thanks Einstein:D

v10 fat said:

With the advice and of the great and helpful minds on this site I had a set of stainless Gibson's Jet-Hot coated for $280. Bought the headers for $539 (Total $819.00). The best price I have seen for Gibson Ceramics (not as good a coating as you can get from Jet-Hot) is $776. Bassani coated $985.00

The reason for coating them was heat and the warnings given by those here about the stainless melting things under the hood. Thanks to any who see this that gave me advice.

As far as performance, I would say there is a difference, maybe 15 more hp. Just a seat of the pants guess, truck has not been dynoed. Truck sounds better and looks better under the hood.

I still have cats and need a stage II flash.

As far as the install. If you are mildly mechanically inclined you can do this. Removing the front wheels and fender liners makes it much easier. The worst part is getting the stock collector bolts off b/c of POS sqaure nuts held in by $.02 retainer that breaks at the first turn of a wrench and then just gets in the way. Many curse words, Sawz All, and air chisel got last bolt off by breaking off the nut.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back