headers

Annu Kumar said:
well I guess you can put a lawsiut on gibson's for lying on their website. They said that their headers are tuned

If Wikipedia is correct I would say both Annu and Westxsrt10 are correct. The last sentence leaves the length open for debate if the manufacture is going for a certain gain in a certain range. Just my interpretation.

A header (sometimes called extractor in Australia) is another name for a manifold, specifically a manifold designed for performance. During design, engineers create a manifold without regard to weight or cost but instead for optimal flow of the exhaust gases. This design results in a header that is more efficient at scavenging the exhaust from the cylinders. Headers are generally circular steel tubing with bends and folds calculated to make the paths from each cylinder's exhaust port to the common outlet all equal length, and joined at narrow angles to encourage pressure waves to flow through the outlet, and not back towards other cylinders. In a set of tuned headers the pipe lengths are carefully calculated to enhance exhaust flow in a particular engine revolutions per minute range.

Annu Kumar said:
Hey Sleeper Did a Nice BLond girl Named linda Just call you. She is hella sweet.

WOW!! What did I just get myself in the middle of here???

sleeper said:
I bet she likes blowers. Better have her call Prof.

She is A Blonde They like everything right. They dont care. But this girl just turned 18 Eric. Man Maybe I should do a Video with her filming the headers.

Yup I am a blower these days (snow) would like to be a blowee...but can't find someone to help me out.

Annu Kumar said:
She is A Blonde They like everything right. They dont care. But this girl just turned 18 Eric. Man Maybe I should do a Video with her filming the headers.
Sounds good. Go make a vid of her talking about your headers, and Prof's snow blower.:rock: :D

Westxsrt10 said:
I beleive the Bassani's are about $200 more but look what you get...the proper size tubes for our trucks. I bet the stock manifolds flow more then the Gibsons.

Gibsons on top pics

Hey Westxsrt10 have you had any heat issues with these Bassani headers? Innerfenders? Steering shaft boot?
For looks those Bassani's sure look sweet! U gotta pic under the hood?

Yellow venom 366 said:
Hey Westxsrt10 have you had any heat issues with these Bassani headers? Innerfenders? Steering shaft boot?
For looks those Bassani's sure look sweet! U gotta pic under the hood?

I haven't had any heat issues, but you do have to re-route the heater hose (without disconnecting it) as shown in the photo.

Westxsrt10 said:
I haven't had any heat issues, but you do have to re-route the heater hose (without disconnecting it) as shown in the photo.

Those Bassani's do look Damn good. I agree with you, for the extra money (if you've got it) and the wider tubes, you can't go wrong.

PM me for a great price on Bassanis, I can definitely beat $985, and I have them in stock.
Justin

Westxsrt10 said:

S W E E T !!.for a couple hundred bucks,I think it would be worth it! Then I would have to buy new hinges for my hood too, Cause the hood would be up steady showing everyone! Thanks for the pics:rock:

sleeper said:
Do you have to remove the bassani's to change out the spark plugs?
Looking at the second and third pic I would say that you wouldn't,But I highly doubt anyone would make a header that you would have to remove just to replace sparkplugs (do maintanence) on?? But I could be wrong,My wife said its happened ounce or twice before! LOL!:dontknow:

sleeper said:
Do you have to remove the bassani's to change out the spark plugs?

The spark plugs can be easily accessed from above the header.

Please excuse me because I get a bit blunt when I get a tad excited. :thefinger:

Belangers are by far the best headers out there. But if you want the best be prepared to pay for the best. Basani's are also another great header. And so are the Gibsons. If I had anything to guarantee I would say that any of the three will give you more hp. The Belangers are designed more for top end performances were the basani's and the Gibsons are more mid range headers. As far as the stock manifolds vs. anyone of these three listed. There is no comparison. I know for a fact that the Gibsons make a difference over the stock manifolds. I can only imagine what the belangers would do. But again they were both designed for two different RPM ranges. The Gibsons are the best bang for the buck and if you live in Cali they are ( I think ) the only ones that are legal here.

Sleeper I will put your Gibsons on for free if your willing to do a before and after dyno runs. It will take me about 3 hours to do. There is a place in livermore and Tracy that have dyno's that we can go to.

As far a Mike Brady truck is concerned. Yeh his truck is/was fast as F%$k. but when you have an 8.4 and everything touched inside and out it better be. I can only imagine how much more hp he would have got if he had belangers on it.

If anyone think that the stock manifold flows as good or better than the Gibsons. Your on drugs. Don't believe everything you hear just because someone with a fast ass truck says so. Not trying to flame anyone but the truth is the truth. That is why we need a before and after dyno run. ( Sleeper ):D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back