headers

v10 fat said:
:confused: so this is a real debate

There has been a header debate for about 2 years now. Its all in good fun. In the end its your cash, read up and make your decision. Its not about whats correct or incorrect. It is what fits your purpose. For me headers would add some cool looking bling and tone but I dont need my truck any louder or do I want to deal with manifold bolts going loose on me, or the extra heat.

patrick

Yellow venom 366 said:
An interesting post would be......

Gibsons (aprox. costs) $700 ,_ _ HP gain
Bassani's $995 ,_ _ HP gain
Mopars (LT) $1750 w/mids, _ _ HP gain
Belangers (LT) $1395 , _ _ HP gain
American Racing (LT) $$2090 w/mids, _ _ HP gain
:elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

Silverback said:
Any short header design is not "Tuned", and the best you can expect is a reduction in the back pressure in the exhaust system.

Equal lenght "Tuned" headers, are just what the name means. They are designed (tuned) to work in a certain RPM range. It can be low, mid or high. Tuned headers for a race car will be designed for the mid to high range. Headers for a motorhome will be designed for the low to mid range.

The point I was trying to make is that just because they are equal length, long tube, tuned headers, does not automatically make them a high range performance header.

Here are the main factors that will determine how a header performs.

1. Primary tube diameter
2. Primary tube length
3. Collector diameter
4. Colector length

I can be an ass (imagine that :dontknow: ) at times, but sometimes when someone states something I like to see if they really know what they are saying and can back it up.
Have you ever tried to buy tuned equal length headers that are designed for low end torque? I don't think they exist. All the tuned headers I have shopped for in the past are for top end HP. Most tuned headers are for drag racing, not for street performance where a torque header is needed the most. Tuned headers have a larger diameter primaries where high rpm is needed to make extra hp. With tuned headers you will lose low end torque. This very noticable on any heavy car or truck.

Annu Kumar said:
Player Hater Degree:D :D
Thats a good one Annu.

Prof, sure looks to me that calling someone a "windsock" is a direct attack. Whats up with the name calling? I think its uncalled for.

cant we al just get along ,,:D ,i have been in srts with gibson headers and bassains both trucks run better ,,i would lean twards the gibsons just because of price and the fact i dont hit the strip for fun i out run from red light to red light ,that being said i would go for the gibisons for the low to mid range power

I actually found someone to give my stock cats to!

I'll never tell who.

Spouse was soooo happy to see those things leave the garage.

Good thread. I have he gibsons. Put them on myself and was one of my first mods.
During install the first thing I saw was a huge....and I do mean huge differance in port match. I almost stopped and left the stock manifolds on.
Honestly wish I would have.
They are O.K. but after seeing this and my experiance with hot rods this is a no no.
If I had it to do over....and one day I will... I would install long tube.
The matching ports have got to be better for any fluid flow which includes exhaust gases. It's just makes sense.
Saying all of that save your money and get atleast the headers that match our ports. You will be happier in long run especially if you are planing more mods.

floridaboy said:
Good thread. I have he gibsons. Put them on myself and was one of my first mods.
During install the first thing I saw was a huge....and I do mean huge differance in port match. I almost stopped and left the stock manifolds on.
Honestly wish I would have.
They are O.K. but after seeing this and my experiance with hot rods this is a no no.
If I had it to do over....and one day I will... I would install long tube.
The matching ports have got to be better for any fluid flow which includes exhaust gases. It's just makes sense.
Saying all of that save your money and get atleast the headers that match our ports. You will be happier in long run especially if you are planing more mods.

What way was the port mismatch?

sleeper said:
Whats the dyno sheet for?:confused: Looks like a stock engine.
It is a stock engine,This was just to show before & after Gibson install.

The primarys coming off of the head was much smaller than the exhaust port in the head itself. They really don't match at all.
Maybe at low rpm it may help with velocity and low end torque, but mid and top end I don't see how it can be good.

Bassanis or Gibsons for the best low end grunt?

THANKS!

floridaboy said:
The primarys coming off of the head was much smaller than the exhaust port in the head itself. They really don't match at all.
Maybe at low rpm it may help with velocity and low end torque, but mid and top end I don't see how it can be good.

I saw the same thing way back when i installed the Gibsons...they were the only header CARB legal out at the time so i went for it. Then i stopped by Bassani's shop as they allmost had a CARB header ready for retail.

Gibsons are cheaper, Bassani's are overall a way nicer header for only a couple hundred bucks more,from what I have gathered in the last couple months,And the Bassani's loook killer under the hood,post # 82 shows 6 HP & 20.6 ft lbs on a stock motor with Gibsons on the dyno,Roe states on their site 19 RWH & ft lbs with the Bassani's! Personnally I will be putting Bassani's on shortly!

Annu Kumar said:
Yes they are Ceramic and they cost 695.00!!!!! I guarantee you will feel the diffrerence in power for sure. In fact the gibsons were more of a Improvement than the catback and cats delete. Thats My Opinion And I tell the truth.

I hear ya Kumar. Your vid made me a believer when I first saw it before. When it's header time for me I will be going down the same route you took.:D Thanks for the heads up buddy.

Annu Kumar said:
I give the chicks free Textbooks and in return they do me a favor in the bedroom:rock:

At least you keep the favors out of the truck. I have the chicks do me favors in the bedroom too.. Make the bed, wash and iron, vacuum.. :rock: Oh yeah baby.

Prof said:
Noid, I am an academic...I have to assume that your comments are all personal opinion, since you have no evidence in your post to support your comments. I also believe that opinions are like sphincter muscles...everyone has one...

What do you base your suppositions upon?

Not that I disagree with you, I am a header advocate...but comments like yours need to either be supported by evidence, primary or secondary or stated as opinions.

Why would you not even include MOPAR headers that are designed specifically for our engines?

Just some clarifying questions...no intent to cause angst.

:elefant: WHAT A DICK LOL :elefant: LMFAO How stuck up can one man be LOL. Noid I saw no angst in your offer, where did that reply come from? WoW

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back