headers

Sleeper I will go as far as doing any header work on your truck including putting on any headers you want to any # of times if we can do before and after dyno runs.

noid said:
Please excuse me because I get a bit blunt when I get a tad excited. :thefinger:

Belangers are by far the best headers out there. But if you want the best be prepared to pay for the best. Basani's are also another great header. And so are the Gibsons. If I had anything to guarantee I would say that any of the three will give you more hp. The Belangers are designed more for top end performances were the basani's and the Gibsons are more mid range headers. As far as the stock manifolds vs. anyone of these three listed. There is no comparison. I know for a fact that the Gibsons make a difference over the stock manifolds. I can only imagine what the belangers would do. But again they were both designed for two different RPM ranges. The Gibsons are the best bang for the buck and if you live in Cali they are ( I think ) the only ones that are legal here.

Sleeper I will put your Gibsons on for free if your willing to do a before and after dyno runs. It will take me about 3 hours to do. There is a place in livermore and Tracy that have dyno's that we can go to.

As far a Mike Brady truck is concerned. Yeh his truck is/was fast as F%$k. but when you have an 8.4 and everything touched inside and out it better be. I can only imagine how much more hp he would have got if he had belangers on it.

If anyone think that the stock manifold flows as good or better than the Gibsons. Your on drugs. Don't believe everything you hear just because someone with a fast ass truck says so. Not trying to flame anyone but the truth is the truth. That is why we need a before and after dyno run. ( Sleeper ):D

Noid, I am an academic...I have to assume that your comments are all personal opinion, since you have no evidence in your post to support your comments. I also believe that opinions are like sphincter muscles...everyone has one...

What do you base your suppositions upon?

Not that I disagree with you, I am a header advocate...but comments like yours need to either be supported by evidence, primary or secondary or stated as opinions.

Why would you not even include MOPAR headers that are designed specifically for our engines?

Just some clarifying questions...no intent to cause angst.

Ah, the great header debate! LOL

I will try to make it simple....................if your tight with your cash (me) and want the best bang for your buck (me), just get rid of the cats with some catless midpipes! Oh, a DC stage two is a must also..........ya gotta have a hot tune!

patrick

Prof said:
Noid, I am an academic...I have to assume that your comments are all personal opinion, since you have no evidence in your post to support your comments. I also believe that opinions are like sphincter muscles...everyone has one...

Not that I disagree with you, I am a header advocate...but comments like yours need to either be supported by evidence, primary or secondary or stated as opinions.

Why would you not even include MOPAR headers that are designed specifically for our engines?

Just Because you got a PH.D. is not enough evidence either:D

Prof said:

I just wrote a lengthy response to your post and then something happened with the connection and it was lost. I don't have the time nor the care to do it again. So with that said. Seeing how your are the Prof and a advocate of headers. I am sure you can post something that we could all understand as long as you don't belittle us by using your big words. We need it in layman's terms please. :D

Forgot about the Mopar headers. That is why they were not mentioned.

In my opinion they make sexy sound...and look great in the engine compartment.

noid said:
Please excuse me because I get a bit blunt when I get a tad excited. :thefinger:

Belangers are by far the best headers out there. But if you want the best be prepared to pay for the best. Basani's are also another great header. And so are the Gibsons. If I had anything to guarantee I would say that any of the three will give you more hp. The Belangers are designed more for top end performances were the basani's and the Gibsons are more mid range headers. As far as the stock manifolds vs. anyone of these three listed. There is no comparison. I know for a fact that the Gibsons make a difference over the stock manifolds. I can only imagine what the belangers would do. But again they were both designed for two different RPM ranges. The Gibsons are the best bang for the buck and if you live in Cali they are ( I think ) the only ones that are legal here.

Sleeper I will put your Gibsons on for free if your willing to do a before and after dyno runs. It will take me about 3 hours to do. There is a place in livermore and Tracy that have dyno's that we can go to.

As far a Mike Brady truck is concerned. Yeh his truck is/was fast as F%$k. but when you have an 8.4 and everything touched inside and out it better be. I can only imagine how much more hp he would have got if he had belangers on it.

If anyone think that the stock manifold flows as good or better than the Gibsons. Your on drugs. Don't believe everything you hear just because someone with a fast ass truck says so. Not trying to flame anyone but the truth is the truth. That is why we need a before and after dyno run. ( Sleeper ):D

Can you elaborate on what you are basing your statements on in regard to the following statement.

"The Belangers are designed more for top end performances were the basani's and the Gibsons are more mid range headers."

Anything other than ricer trash can buzz is sexy...to someone my age.

Silverback said:
Can you elaborate on what you are basing your statements on in regard to the following statement.

"The Belangers are designed more for top end performances were the basani's and the Gibsons are more mid range headers."
IMO based on all the money I spent on different types of headers in the past I would have to agree with Noid. The gibson shorties are for low to mid range performance with the small primary tubes. The bassanis are a tri y type shorty header. Tri y's are for low to mid range performance. Belangers are long tube with larger primaries for top end horse power.
Now give us your opinion of the 3 types based on your experience.

An interesting post would be......

Gibsons (aprox. costs) $700 ,_ _ HP gain
Bassani's $995 ,_ _ HP gain
Mopars (LT) $1750 w/mids, _ _ HP gain
Belangers (LT) $1395 , _ _ HP gain
American Racing (LT) $$2090 w/mids, _ _ HP gain

Last edited:
Annu Kumar said:
Just Because you got a PH.D. is not enough evidence either:D

I object! I think Annu should be banned for his personal attack on me!:D :D

Annu...you are a windsock...not an attack, just fact.

sleeper said:
IMO based on all the money I spent on different types of headers in the past I would have to agree with Noid. The gibson shorties are for low to mid range performance with the small primary tubes. The bassanis are a tri y type shorty header. Tri y's are for low to mid range performance. Belangers are long tube with larger primaries for top end horse power.

^ what he said. Thanks Sleeper

sleeper said:

Any short header design is not "Tuned", and the best you can expect is a reduction in the back pressure in the exhaust system.

Equal lenght "Tuned" headers, are just what the name means. They are designed (tuned) to work in a certain RPM range. It can be low, mid or high. Tuned headers for a race car will be designed for the mid to high range. Headers for a motorhome will be designed for the low to mid range.

The point I was trying to make is that just because they are equal length, long tube, tuned headers, does not automatically make them a high range performance header.

Here are the main factors that will determine how a header performs.

1. Primary tube diameter
2. Primary tube length
3. Collector diameter
4. Colector length

I can be an ass (imagine that :dontknow: ) at times, but sometimes when someone states something I like to see if they really know what they are saying and can back it up.

1: I highly doubt I'd feel any difference by putting headers in the tank..:p
2: Annu I watched ur vid and you say... I got one word for you fella's "header's make a HUGE difference" .... that's 5 words by my count:p
3: just scanning through this noone mentioned the MOPAR headers... I've seen the mopar headers and I was pretty impressed
4: keep in mind some headers won't work with F/I <sorry I forget which ones> so if that's in your plan... figure that out FIRST.
5: silver... I agree the header discussion just ain't the same without mike :(

What we need are the specs for each header. And before and after dyno results

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back