Houston Area GTG's

I already have a Torrie tune in my CE, Going to wait on the 06 till I can change the timing chain and maybe update the oil pump....

I already have a Torrie tune in my CE, Going to wait on the 06 till I can change the timing chain and maybe update the oil pump....

Is it a dyno tune ,,you will get the most out of a tune when done on a dyno ,the can tunes tend to be on the rich side for saftey and are just a genereal setup for them ,most of the v-10 all react a bit different to mods a dyno tune will dial in your mods and will get you the most bang for your buck when it comes to HP,,changing the timing chain and or oil pump will not change anything a dyno tune will be doing ,Reason i say this is Torrie does not come to town much to do tuning ,,

Torrie told me this is his 3rd or 4th time coming to Houston this year.

Yes but most of those were trips for a special tuning session for 1 customer not a two day tuning event that anyone can bag a dyno tune ,,he comes here but getting dyno time to tune sometimes is tough

Is it a dyno tune ,,you will get the most out of a tune when done on a dyno ,the can tunes tend to be on the rich side for saftey and are just a genereal setup for them ,most of the v-10 all react a bit different to mods a dyno tune will dial in your mods and will get you the most bang for your buck when it comes to HP,,changing the timing chain and or oil pump will not change anything a dyno tune will be doing ,Reason i say this is Torrie does not come to town much to do tuning ,,

We couldn't make it yesterday because of other obligations. I understand what dyno tuning does...I have had cars and trucks on that dyno when it was PSI, and about every dyno in Houston over the years from Flat Rate in Pearland to Houston Performance on 249. The reason I was waiting on the 06 is because they are thought to have retard built into the timing for emissions. The last 06 I had didnt respond to tuning like my 05. After installing Torrie's tune in the 05 it was a very noticable increase in HP and the mileage went up too. Thanks for your input...

We couldn't make it yesterday because of other obligations. I understand what dyno tuning does...I have had cars and trucks on that dyno when it was PSI, and about every dyno in Houston over the years from Flat Rate in Pearland to Houston Performance on 249. The reason I was waiting on the 06 is because they are thought to have retard built into the timing for emissions. The last 06 I had didnt respond to tuning like my 05. After installing Torrie's tune in the 05 it was a very noticable increase in HP and the mileage went up too. Thanks for your input...

dyno day is aug 3rd and 4th,wish i could make it :mad:

What about just getting a pull on the dyno, no tune?
I would think so ,email Torrie to get it set ,he told me yesterday that friday was the ford GT.s dyno and all day saturday will be the extra overflow stuff

Friday night GTG in Pearland

Here are some pix from last friday night at the Lowes in Pearland. The Red 05 QC was a guy that just happen to drive by. The super clean Silver 04 is SergioL and the CE and 06 are mine. It was nice to meet some other SRT 10 people. Congrats Sergio on all the Mods you've done to your truck. It is looking good!!:rock:

Attachments

• IMG_20120720_202440.jpg
    IMG_20120720_202440.jpg
    521.6 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20120720_202503.jpg
    IMG_20120720_202503.jpg
    653.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20120720_202511.jpg
    IMG_20120720_202511.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20120720_202518.jpg
    IMG_20120720_202518.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20120720_202533.jpg
    IMG_20120720_202533.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 25
I was running some errands in Kemah Saturday afternoon and I saw a real nice gray '06 RC.

Nice ill try to make it this week. Ill take another SRT10 truck in my crew

"SRT10 Oiltrash" and myself are going to the Coffee & Car show next Saturday morning (August 4th) at Vintage Park. We are talking about meeting somewhere beforehand. Anyone else interested in going with us?

Last edited:
"SRT10 Oiltrash" and myself are going to the Coffee & Car show next Saturday morning at Vintage Park. We are talking about meeting somewhere beforehand. Anyone else interested in going with us?

Can't make that although I'd like to. I would like to make the following weekend C&C as well as the Dyno and Lightnings racing at the track:D

"SRT10 Oiltrash" and myself are going to the Coffee & Car show next Saturday morning at Vintage Park. We are talking about meeting somewhere beforehand. Anyone else interested in going with us?

I'll be there, what part of town are you in? I leave my house in Deer Park a little before 5 to get the good spot and beat the lines at starbucks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back