Houston Area GTG's

Can't make that although I'd like to. I would like to make the following weekend C&C as well as the Dyno and Lightnings racing at the track:D

The Torrie dyno session and Lightning track day are the same day as the show we are talking about going to - August 4th. It's early in the morning so you should still have plenty of time afterwards to do both of the other things as well.

I'll be there, what part of town are you in? I leave my house in Deer Park a little before 5 to get the good spot and beat the lines at starbucks.

I live literally around the corner from Vintage Park - (249 & Jones Rd). We can meet in the HEB parking lot next door at around 5:30 and drive over there once everyone shows up.:dontknow: Does that work for you?

CNC Sat morn...

I live literally around the corner from Vintage Park - (249 & Jones Rd). We can meet in the HEB parking lot next door at around 5:30 and drive over there once everyone shows up.:dontknow: Does that work for you?

Mite be better to get there and hold some spots for late arrivers...it fills up fast!! I usually park against the buildings facing north on the east side. If we get a couple trucks there early we can hold spots with chairs till the rest show up.

I am in Deer Park and its 45 miles to CNC and maybe 15 to the track from me. From CNC could be 60-70 miles...depending on the route. There is a lot of talk about going to PSI for the dyno day. That's off Nasa blvd and old galveston dr. Ironhead was trying to get more Viper trucks to go if not to tune to represent the 10's. We could go 45 south there and have lunch in the area. There is a Twin Peaks and a HOOTers. It would be cool to have a line of 10's in any lot. Not sure all the details on the track. Have to check the other post for those...

I am in Deer Park and its 45 miles to CNC and maybe 15 to the track from me. From CNC could be 60-70 miles...depending on the route. There is a lot of talk about going to PSI for the dyno day. That's off Nasa blvd and old galveston dr. Ironhead was trying to get more Viper trucks to go if not to tune to represent the 10's. We could go 45 south there and have lunch in the area. There is a Twin Peaks and a HOOTers. It would be cool to have a line of 10's in any lot. Not sure all the details on the track. Have to check the other post for those...

Sounds much better to me although I'd like to go to C&C too. Being an hour outta the way doesn't sound fun.

Traded off my race car a couple years ago....got burn't out on Baytown. Had an 8 sec Mustang that i ran for years. I enjoy driving a cool ride for a day now. It's less stressful than working all week to make a 8 second pass a couple times. I have 4 rides for the price of the one now!!

Traded off my race car a couple years ago....got burn't out on Baytown. Had an 8 sec Mustang that i ran for years. I enjoy driving a cool ride for a day now. It's less stressful than working all week to make a 8 second pass a couple times. I have 4 rides for the price of the one now!!

SO you aren't going to the track with your SRT10?:dontknow:

Same here. I'm running the stock clutch and I'm sure there will be plenty of KB/Whipple L's on race gas.......
I'll send you a text later this week Jim.

I'll do CNC and and show up at PSI but not into Baytown to race. Might come represent....

Representing is great! Run em' if ya get the urge. It's just friendly grudge racing.
Same here. I'm running the stock clutch and I'm sure there will be plenty of KB/Whipple L's on race gas.......
I'll send you a text later this week Jim.

Now that sounds like a Lightning excuse:D
Who cares about the KB/Whipple L's, they all aren't modded that heavy. :dontknow:

I Googled the distances - it's approx 60 miles from CNC to either PSI or the track. It about 25 miles from PSI to the track.

I'll be at CNC that morning but I've got family coming in this weekend and I'm not planning to run down to PSI or the track afterwards. It's going to be extremely hot Saturday to race as well - high is supposed to be around 96 - so with humidity the track temp will probably be at least 115-120. I'm no expert but those track temps don't promote fast runs very well. :dontknow:

Leave it to the Ford guys to schedule a race day in August in TX!:D

For all of those making the trip to CNC Saturday morning - the address to the HEB parking lot where we are meeting at 5:30 am is 10919 Louetta Rd, Houston, TX 77070.

Google Maps

I Googled the distances - it's approx 60 miles from CNC to either PSI or the track. It about 25 miles from PSI to the track.

I'll be at CNC that morning but I've got family coming in this weekend and I'm not planning to run down to PSI or the track afterwards. It's going to be extremely hot Saturday to race as well - high is supposed to be around 96 - so with humidity the track temp will probably be at least 115-120. I'm no expert but those track temps don't promote fast runs very well. :dontknow:

Leave it to the Ford guys to schedule a race day in August in TX!:D

The heat affects us all the same though. Not looking for record breaking, more for bragging rights bro. Should be a great time.:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back