Keep us in your Prayers....we might see some of you soon :D !!

Be safe and good luck on your trip.....looks like you two will be making quite a few friends along the way :rock:

If you want to save yourself some time coming through the midwest area ( I have made that portion the trip many times!!!)

When you get to Kansas City (if you go that route this will save about 6 hours off your trip heading west), take the Kansas Turnpike tollway south... out of KC take the 70W, to Topeka, to 35 South, which becomes 335 South, and ends in Emporia, stay on the 35/335 Turnpike south to Wichita. When you get to Wichita, this is where your time saving really happens, take 54 West, that will take you through Kansas, Oklahoma Pan Handle, and top corner of Texas, and finally into Tucumcari, New Mexico.

Then out of Tucumcari, take the 40 West, through Albuqueruqe, and Grants, all the way into Arizona, past Winslow, to the I-17 South interchange near Flagstaff, that south to Phoenix, and merge with the 101 West, and take that all the way to the 10 West about 15-20 miles, then take 10 west to the 85 South, then follow that to I-8 and merge with it and take I-8 west to San Diego (taking the west route on 10, and 85 will save you about 2 hours of having to take 10 East, through the mess of downtown Phoenix, to Casa Grande, and on the same I-8.

I will PM you my cell number and this info as well, and if you arrive in Phoenix area at a decent hour call me, and we can meet up, I get back in town Saturday late afternoon from California.

Scott

azpyroguy said:
If you want to save yourself some time coming through the midwest area ( I have made that portion the trip many times!!!)

When you get to Kansas City (if you go that route this will save about 6 hours off your trip heading west), take the Kansas Turnpike tollway south... out of KC take the 70W, to Topeka, to 35 South, which becomes 335 South, and ends in Emporia, stay on the 35/335 Turnpike south to Wichita. When you get to Wichita, this is where your time saving really happens, take 54 West, that will take you through Kansas, Oklahoma Pan Handle, and top corner of Texas, and finally into Tucumcari, New Mexico.

Then out of Tucumcari, take the 40 West, through Albuqueruqe, and Grants, all the way into Arizona, past Winslow, to the I-17 South interchange near Flagstaff, that south to Phoenix, and merge with the 101 West, and take that all the way to the 10 West about 15-20 miles, then take 10 west to the 85 South, then follow that to I-8 and merge with it and take I-8 west to San Diego (taking the west route on 10, and 85 will save you about 2 hours of having to take 10 East, through the mess of downtown Phoenix, to Casa Grande, and on the same I-8.

I will PM you my cell number and this info as well, and if you arrive in Phoenix area at a decent hour call me, and we can meet up, I get back in town Saturday late afternoon from California.

Scott

Printed!! Thanks

Patrick

Thanks Scott, That's what we will do.
I went back to Clinton, IA 4+ years to visit my mothers and relatives grave site and that is the way we came back. Very good way to go, not many services but not much traffic either.

Well, We are leaving for the airport in a few minutes...We will have another saved SRT from a lonely dealership lot :burnout:

Take care guys, we will miss ya guys, hope to see some of you soon ....:dancing: Better start making bets, who's going to get the first speeding ticket, and how many each...LOL

If anyone wants to call me / Jack... 619-454-0364

- Patrick & Jack

FSTJACK said:
We are flying into Columbus, OH and arrive Friday morning. The dealership used car MGR is going to have someone pick us up at the airport. We will be out of the dealership by noon at the latest and on the road

I thank you for the offer of shuttle service.

Here is the Ebay link to the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=150023385785&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Very sweet ride Jack!! - and the red is scrumptious :D In fact, it looks EXACTLY like mine :dancing:

Oh, the other thing I happened to notice is you are quite the little ebay HO!!! :eek: :rock: :D - 548 and a purple star - dude Jerry has been nonstop for a year and only has less than 200 and some teal star :( :p

Know I know I'm not the only HO on the internet :D Ebay HO!! :dancing: :rock: I love ya uncle Jack - SMOOCH :D :D :D

Hmmm...how to stalk these guys....let's see...
- Crash out at about 4AM.
- Alarm goes off at 6AM.
- In the truck by 6:30AM.
- At the dealership by 7:00AM.

That might be a bit early.
Maybe I'll just do 'laps' at the Arrivals section of the airport at about 8:30AM.

Oooo...gotta pack up the camera....

Kevan said:
Hmmm...how to stalk these guys....let's see...
- Crash out at about 4AM.
- Alarm goes off at 6AM.
- In the truck by 6:30AM.
- At the dealership by 7:00AM.

That might be a bit early.
Maybe I'll just do 'laps' at the Arrivals section of the airport at about 8:30AM.

Oooo...gotta pack up the camera....

Watch your speeds on that 54 in Kansas... when I was back there this June, thats where I got nailed for speeding.. but got away with a warning... the trooper was going the other direction, and hiding behind a semi....

Clinton, IA eh... I am originally from Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area, but moved out west about 12 years ago.

hi, this is patrick's wife - yeah, i know, i don't post much, but just got through reading everybody's posts on this thread, and wanted to say thanks for all the support! you guys are a great bunch of people.

the guys left about an hour ago for the airport. hopefully, they don't have many issues getting on the plane w/ all their electronics!

well, that's it for now. i'm sure as soon as they're up and running w/ the internet again, they'll post some updates...

redsrt007s_girl said:
hi, this is patrick's wife - yeah, i know, i don't post much, but just got through reading everybody's posts on this thread, and wanted to say thanks for all the support! you guys are a great bunch of people.

the guys left about an hour ago for the airport. hopefully, they don't have many issues getting on the plane w/ all their electronics!

well, that's it for now. i'm sure as soon as they're up and running w/ the internet again, they'll post some updates...

Hey kiddo,

Thanks for posting the update..... Those boys'll be fine...don't choo worry....:rock:

SD

Very interesting thread here. Good luck boys. I hope you brought some cell phone chargers!! Your gonna be in the middle of the weeds for a long time!! No place when your cellie's dead!

Its Gumball Rally RBC style!!! LOL

patrick

azpyroguy said:
Watch your speeds on that 54 in Kansas... when I was back there this June, thats where I got nailed for speeding.. but got away with a warning... the trooper was going the other direction, and hiding behind a semi....

Clinton, IA eh... I am originally from Cedar Rapids/Iowa City area, but moved out west about 12 years ago.
Ummm...I'm in Columbus, OH. :)

mauiSRT/10 said:
Its Gumball Rally RBC style!!! LOL

patrick
Don't you tempt me, Patrick.
:D

You know that is going to be a fun trip. Always fun doing a road trip with a buddy. Doing it in a SRT-10 is just a bonus.

nice to see they got on the road safely!

kevan, thanks for posting those pics! patrick hasn't even called to say he's on the road...lol. i guess now i know! i'll be checking here from time to time through out the weekend, i guess, if i want to know where my husband is...lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back