loud engine clunk @ startup

I've spoken with a few different spark plug tech guys.
The likelihood of a plug electrode bending flat because of operating heat is somewhere between very slim to none.
According to Champion, the high nickel steel used on the side electrode has a melting point of over 2200F.

Way more often than not, they are bent by mechanical force (like a piston top hitting it).

As mentioned, IF you find one in your engine that has been tapped shut- FIND OUT WHY !

Ronnie

Who did the install?
NEW engine from factory?
Factory Rebuilt?
Do you have receipts?
Under Warranty?

This could all be on those that performed the install?

I cant believe a stock engine w only 22K miles would take a crap.

BuT just my observations.

SHU

scoobert said:
i had an A/C delco melt in my 3800 buick 8 years ago. it can happen. thou i agree, unlikely.
Yeah, But you didn't have any oil in it.:p

SHU-DOG said:
Who did the install?
NEW engine from factory?
Factory Rebuilt?
Do you have receipts?
Under Warranty?

This could all be on those that performed the install?

I cant believe a stock engine w only 22K miles would take a crap.

BuT just my observations.

SHU
arrow racing does viper motor work for the dealerships and they are the only ones i would have build my motor;)

good luck with the problem, earlier last year had a cylinder smash both plugs shut and throw codes, turned out the timing was to advanced for the octane and also killed a coil pack, got the tune fixed and solved the problem. not internal damage thank god

I didnt try starting it after pulling the plugs. is there a way to rull out the starter? Im just looking at the brightside and hopeing its something simple. LIkely its not though.

Have you tried to boost it? Maybe its just a dead battery. But I agree with Dom, if you have a flattened sparkplug its "f"ed.

jsandlin said:
I didnt try starting it after pulling the plugs. is there a way to rull out the starter? Im just looking at the brightside and hopeing its something simple. LIkely its not though.

drop the starter out, look for damage. its impossible to miss. you will see ground teeth. if it looks good bench test it.

jsandlin said:
like I say J man, the pllug dont sound good, but with your recent addition of the clutch start there bro

Is it just me? I would be pulling the heads off to take a look. :dontknow:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
like I say J man, the pllug dont sound good, but with your recent addition of the clutch start there bro

Yea, good point. Drop the tranny and see how it turns.

GADodgetech said:
Boroscope will be a much better way :D

I don't have one of those (yet), but I got a whole bunch of sockets :p :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back