loud engine clunk @ startup

GADodgetech said:
You can make houses talk sing and dance, but ya aint got alittle camera?
:dontknow: :D

oh I got cameras, just not one for that application.

Im betting its the starter....could have something to do with the broken bellhousing, and it might have shifted causeing the starter to miss the flywheel. Its the easiest and cheapest place to start....other than that....new motor...I say a 536c.i.

Fahrenheit said:
Im betting its the starter....could have something to do with the broken bellhousing, and it might have shifted causeing the starter to miss the flywheel. Its the easiest and cheapest place to start....other than that....new motor...I say a 536c.i.
i think i have a bellhousing for you!!!!!!

maybe ill just have JH look at it. he is just down the road. I heard he could sell me a dream.

My Dad told me if you can't say something nice...shut up...so

Roy Out.

What Code did it show? Turn the key on , off 3 times and look at the trip odometer ---it will give you the thrown code.

Last edited:
jsandlin said:
ohh and it was a warranty repair through Dodge on the new engine

Is the repaired/new engine that Dodge completed still under any warranty? If it's under warranty, I'd make a call to the dealer, have them pull it and send it off to Arrow. Sorry to hear about the problem.

VIPR PWR said:
What Code did it show? Turn the key on , off 3 times and look at the trip odometer ---it will give you the thrown code.

I took my SCT and hooked it up to do a diagnostics on it, it had a P0300, P0306, and P0303...but Justin said he never cleared the codes last time he had the spark plug issue

GADodgetech said:
Does the truck jump when you go to crank it?

what do you mean by jump? A few times it made a loud grinding sound. :(
Do you know if the new motor would be under warranty?

Or on the phone to the dealer...

One stupid old fart's opinion...

You have a blown engine.

But I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and never will...ugh!

Prof said:
Or on the phone to the dealer...

One stupid old fart's opinion...

You have a blown engine.

But I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express and never will...ugh!
you stayed at a motel 8 one time

Only because you were there!

Actually twice...both times in Indiana...

Going back to Indiana soon (Lingenfelter!!!) I hope they have a Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton!!!

505'sFastestViper. said:
arrow racing does viper motor work for the dealerships and they are the only ones i would have build my motor;)
Arrow does good work. They did the machine work in my engine that John Edwards built for me.

Good Luck on getting your baby back up and running.

I was just under there and couldnt see to remove the starter. Gonna try that first. Im at work so I have to show my face then disappear for a few and get under the truck. I hope you are wrong Prof!

Dealership said that nothing is covered past the 36,000 warranty. Unfortunately im at 40,000

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back