loud engine clunk @ startup

Just spoke to the GM Todd over at Arrow Racing and that guy knows his sh$t. He says it could be something simple and mentioned a few things to look at. He mentioned checking the oil filter and looking for any metal particles. Then he started on max PSI on stock engines (5PSI) and went off on alot of good things to know. 750.00 to teardown and see what the issue is. Hoping I can get it sorted about before it comes to that though.

your going way too overboard at this point bud, you need to pull the tranny and start from there, the engine may be fine, but your not gonna know nothing until you turn a wrench

jsandlin said:
what do you mean by jump? A few times it made a loud grinding sound. :(
Do you know if the new motor would be under warranty?
Like it will try to lurch forward, just trying to go through things along the clutch line, maybe something got messed up when you did the hydros. :dontknow: And the warranty part: the part and labor have a warranty of 12/12000 if your out of factory. but since it was done at 18,000 under normal factory basic theres really nothing you can do bud. :(

actually now J, I knwo you said DODGE installed a new engine at 18,000 miles, well new engines usually come with a warranty of 3/36;)

something you may want to check into

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
actually now J, I knwo you said DODGE installed a new engine at 18,000 miles, well new engines usually come with a warranty of 3/36;)

something you may want to check into

whatever fails under base warranty is covered till the warranty ends.

if it fails the first day, covered till the end
if it fails the last day, covered till the end

welll lllllllllllllllllnow...............friend of mine had a new engine installed in his at 17,000 and the dealer told him the engine and the engine only had another I think it was 36 on it:dontknow:

welll lllllllllllllllllnow...............friend of mine had a new engine installed in his at 17,000 and the dealer told him the engine and the engine only had another I think it was 36 on it:dontknow:
I've never heard of that, Especially if it was replaced under factory warranty. If I installed a engine at 35,600 and It failed at 37,600 he'd be SOL. If you BUY one directly from dodge then I think they have the 3/36. Moparconnection should have more Knowledge on this.

sounds like a special deal :rock: :rock: :rock:

well too, you know how different dealers are;) some dont know the difference in an oil change and a tire change:p

no offense gadodgetech:D

well too, you know how different dealers are;) some dont know the difference in an oil change and a tire change:p

no offense gadodgetech:D
Hahaha I've worked with some friggin dillweeds, Hell I work with about 3 now. I wouldnt let them work on my mower but hey it aint my job to hire or fire :D :D

GADodgetech said:
Like it will try to lurch forward, just trying to go through things along the clutch line, maybe something got messed up when you did the hydros. :dontknow: And the warranty part: the part and labor have a warranty of 12/12000 if your out of factory. but since it was done at 18,000 under normal factory basic theres really nothing you can do bud. :(

Damn!

Was thinking this might help...but I guess not.

Damn, damn, DAMN!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back