loud engine clunk @ startup

i checked the coolant and it was full. I also drained the oil and there was no water present. im baffled. gonna try a few more things. Ok Ryan I will get that off of ya.

Fahrenheit said:
Hey Justin I have a shallow socket that will fit our crankshaft bolts here at the house.....I used it to turn mine to get the TC bolts out....I have 2 different sizes

Get on over there. You could have the motor out and tore down by dark :D

jsandlin said:
i checked the coolant and it was full. I also drained the oil and there was no water present. im baffled. gonna try a few more things. Ok Ryan I will get that off of ya.

Those are both good things!!!!

I guess some of ya'll didnt read my thread "Took out my AUTO Tranny" I aint got no car!!!! My transmission is in NC.

Fahrenheit said:
I guess some of ya'll didnt read my thread "Took out my AUTO Tranny" I aint got no car!!!! My transmission is in NC.

Details...details :p

DO NOT REMOVE THE WATER FROM THE INTAKE!! If it's hydro-locked from water ingestion, this is a good thing. It will be completely covered by your insurance. This would also explain the collapsed spark plug electrode. You can't compress water. It will easily bend a rod. I go through this atleast once a year in my line of work.

SANTEEN said:
DO NOT REMOVE THE WATER FROM THE INTAKE!! If it's hydro-locked from water ingestion, this is a good thing. It will be completely covered by your insurance. This would also explain the collapsed spark plug electrode. You can't compress water. It will easily bend a rod. I go through this atleast once a year in my line of work.

But wouldn't water have come out when the plug was pulled? HE just said the electrode was bent. Not that it was wet or water came out of the cylinder.

Prof said:
Wow...flood related warranty????

How cool would that be!!!
Who said anything about warranty??? If you're being sarcastic Prof, please don't talk about what u don't know. If you're not being sarcastic, then I aplogize for my last statement. Water ingestion IS Covered by your auto insurance 100%, less you deductible. Since the engine was replaced not to long ago, there probably won't be any betterment. And that would easily explain all of his symptoms. Again this in my line of work. And living in South Florida, I have done more than my share of hydro-locks. And I can't think of one that wasn't covered by insurance.

SANTEEN said:
Who said anything about warranty??? If you're being sarcastic Prof, please don't talk about what u don't know. If you're not being sarcastic, then I aplogize for my last statement. Water ingestion IS Covered by your auto insurance 100%, less you deductible. Since the engine was replaced not to long ago, there probably won't be any betterment. And that would easily explain all of his symptoms. Again this in my line of work. And living in South Florida, I have done more than my share of hydro-locks. And I can't think of one that wasn't covered by insurance.
Go easy there cowboy,give Roy the benifit of the dought,thats all I am saying.

walbert said:
But wouldn't water have come out when the plug was pulled? HE just said the electrode was bent. Not that it was wet or water came out of the cylinder.
Wes, the water could easily still be sitting in the cylinder or it's possible that it worked it's way out. It wouldn't come out when he pulled the plug. He would have to turn the engine and push the water out when the piston comes up, if he could turn the motor and if the water was still in there. The only way to know is to pull the pan and see if there is a bent rod. But that's a last resort. He needs to make sure that it's not something simple, first.

Brat said:
Go easy there cowboy,give Roy the benifit of the dought,thats all I am saying.
That's exactly why I said that I aplogize, if he wasn't being sarcastic.

SANTEEN said:
Wes, the water could easily still be sitting in the cylinder or it's possible that it worked it's way out. It wouldn't come out when he pulled the plug. He would have to turn the engine and push the water out when the piston comes up, if he could turn the motor and if the water was still in there. The only way to know is to pull the pan and see if there is a bent rod. But that's a last resort. He needs to make sure that it's not something simple, first.
correct, but he drained the oil and there was no water in it. there would have to be some if it hydrolocked.

scoobert said:
how did the water get in there?
Did u not read his post, where he said he found water in the intake and that it had been raining?:dontknow:

scoobert said:
correct, but he drained the oil and there was no water in it. there would have to be some if it hydrolocked.
It doesn't take very much water to hydrolock a motor. I've done more than one, where it was very hard to detect that very little bit of water in the oil.

SANTEEN said:
That's exactly why I said that I aplogize, if he wasn't being sarcastic.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

For those keeping up. Here is what we have so far.

Master/Slave cylinder replaced
found bellhousing cracked
Bent electrode on plug (not sure what #)
Loud Clunk and no crank
Pulled plugs and looked fine (all plugs?)
Codes P0300, P0306, P0303
Starter pulled and confirmed good
Puddle of water inside intake hose to TB
coolant FULL
No oil in water

take a magnet to that oil or strain it?

walbert said:
take a magnet to that oil or strain it?
:rock: My quad was running rough I took a magnet to the used oil and it stood straight up always a bad sing :mad: Im sure this applies is every gas burner out there

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back