General Engine Specs
GeneralEngineSpecs.jpg

Cam and Head Specs
CamandHeadSpecs.jpg

Piston Specs
PistonSpecs.jpg

Vlave Springs and Lube Specs
ValveSpringandLubeSpecs.jpg

Okay I am thinking about purchasing the JMB CAI, I know it won't give any more power, but I like the look of it. I only have two questions, one, with the JMB CAI, JMB Catless Mids, and the Magnaflow Catback, do I need a tune? Two, what is the color that matches the stock valve covers, gloss red with no clearcoat right? It runs perfect now, but I am wondering if the intake will throw the truck off.
Thanks

Srt10ram said:
Okay I am thinking about purchasing the JMB CAI, I know it won't give any more power, but I like the look of it. I only have two questions, one, with the JMB CAI, JMB Catless Mids, and the Magnaflow Catback, do I need a tune? Two, what is the color that matches the stock valve covers, gloss red with no clearcoat right? It runs perfect now, but I am wondering if the intake will throw the truck off.
Thanks

It wont throw off your truck, but a tuner will maximize your mods and give you a few ponies a long the way. Not as much as you would get with the qc, but still a very good mod. Get with one of the vendors on here and they will def. take care of you!

I want to buy some new tires in the near future, maybe a few months or so.
I am stuck between getting these three.

Toyo Proxes S/T: 325/40/22

BF Goodrich g-Force T/A KDW 2: 305/40/22

Kumho Ecsta STx: 325/40/22

Which tire would you guys recommed to have more traction in dry weather? I know the BFG's are great tires, but I just don't know how good the Proxes or Kumhos are. Will the size increase on the Proxes/Kumhos match the BFG performance.
And also will the 325 Proxes/Kumhos rub in the front?

Thanks

Last edited:
Srt10ram said:

Which tire would you guys recommed to have more traction in dry weather? I know the BFG's are great tires, but I just don't know how good the Proxes or Kumhos are. Will the size increase on the Proxes/Kumhos match the BFG performance.

Thanks

to be honest you wont really notice a difference in any as far as traction goes imo.. buy the one that looks the best to you and your wallet

Srt10ram said:

Thanks
I like the Conti's

Just curious.. Are the mids that come with the mopar longtubes 2-1/2 or 3''?:dontknow: I haven't opened the box yet:D

Is there anywhere that makes a 3'' X pipe?:dontknow: I'm pretty sure the 2-1/2'' mid-pipes that came with the mopar longtubes won't be used:( I don't want it to be restrictive. I'll have to have a muffler shop make me some 3'' I guess once I get the headers installed.

first time mods

My wife and I are planning on ordering CAI, Intake Manifold, Valve covers, T-stat, and radiator pipes powdercoated from Justin at JMB. I'm sure I can handle the pipes and cold air. the rest will be a first for me. I'm not uneasy working on an engine, but definatley a noob. Just oil changes and CAI,s for me. Any advice or even specific steps for the manifold and valve covers would be great. especially any specific tool I may need. I already planned on buying a torque wrench and was trying to find the bolt torque specs on here with no luck. thanks in advance for any help or advice you guys have.

Someone will chime in I'm sure, but if you are a supporting member the DIY section opens up and its probably all there.
Good Luck

Gotta know your audience, dizzle81... Tony is a vendor here and you're asking how to install some parts that he sells whereas you're clearly broadcasting that you're going to patronize another biz. Everything you mentioned is so easy to install that a caveman can do it... no worries!

Okay got a couple questions here.:D

I'm thinking about getting a SCT tuner and Thermostat in
a month or so, how much power would I be looking with that
my current setup, Catless Mids and Magnaflow Catback.

Also, would upgrading later on to B&B Headers W/
Catless Mids + a BBK TB and a retune, make a pretty big
difference in power? What kind of numbers to the wheels
would I be looking at with that combo?:dontknow: :confused:

Could I break the tires loose in 2nd?:burnout:

Not sure what the numbers would be, all i know is after the SCT and Torrie's tunes my truck def felt like it had a kick in the pants.:D On a cool night with the right shift, it will break the tires loose in 2nd.:burnout:

Also, with the Tstat and having the fan come on earlier via the tune, my truck runs right at 180 and not 200 like it did before.

I know aluminium engines like warmer operatating temps but what is the actually recomended temp range on these vipers? :dontknow: im guessing around 190* .......

from an sct thru torrie you should average 25hp on an rc and 40+ hp on a QC,
breaking tires loose in second? to many variables to say yes or no, temp, clutch condition, pavment, jsut too many variables

Got a question.... I'm about to order a dual pillar guage pod for the drivers side, is the stock color Gray or Taupe? By the ways its a 2005 Black Regular Cab.

Srt10ram said:
Got a question.... I'm about to order a dual pillar guage pod for the drivers side, is the stock color Gray or Taupe? By the ways its a 2005 Black Regular Cab.
Taupe.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back