PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE, Aug 5, 2008.

1. wesalbert

wesalbert 2015 Truck of the Year Supporting Member

Lost that bet :D

2. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE Active Member Preferred Vendor

gen III with 1000 rwhp and stock internals................I would have to see it , our ring lands wouldn't take very much over 700 for long, especially being pounded on, and 28k for an engine build? man I gotta go up;)

3. SIDE OILER

SIDE OILER New Member

Well...I think it was more like 22K... I got kinda excited there for a minute. lol;)

4. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

LOL I hear ya boss:D

5. SIDE OILER

SIDE OILER New Member

What are your thoughts on the NOS with the 5lbs Paxton? I know the end result may be boom but if detonation can be avoided we are only talking maybe around 600rwh in the end.

6. VENOMOUS1 RACING

VENOMOUS1 RACING Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!

1000 HP in a 3500 lb car and 1000 HP in 5500 lb truck are the difference. There are dozens of Turbo builds in Texas that are 1000+ HP on Gen3 and 4 and live. Our Texas Mile and upcoming 2k14 event is full of them. Now how long they last I don't know, but they do hold power and I've seen them run the times back to back to back all weekend including dozens of Mexico runs. These are guys that have the money to replace the block if it shits too. As mentioned detonation is the key! 1degree to much timing, loss of fuel pressure/volume , lost spark and a few seconds of detonation will kill it quickly. Avoid those factors and you're good but again...how long? Detonation is basically a fast harmonic vibration and it vibrates the piston rings and ring lands as well, in turn destroying the pistons or worse that broke piston jams and send a rod through your block. Again these guys have money to burn and simply swapping a block is nothing to them. The old " you gotta pay to play" rule. :D

7. bmxam962

bmxam962 Full Access Member

Making that kinda power in a viper is different then making it in our trucks. The extra weight of our trucks puts more stress on our engines. This is the reason there are More 700-800hp
    vipers with stock internals.

8. VENOMOUS1 RACING

I know this was directed at Tony but ill give you my take. Do it! It's better than meth at cooling while providing a lil boost in power. Any form of boost creates heat and that combined with an off tune are the killers. Bringing boost/nitrous in too soon is also a killer. Not much different to internals than riding in 6th gear at 40 mph and trying to accelerate uphill with 87 octane. Bring the boost and nitrous in during the powerband Of the engine and make power and do it safely. Our Mini Progressive controllers let you tailor the nitrous hit as well as the timing and length of hit so it also increases the safety factor.
    Monitoring of fuel pressure, timing and retard by PCM under wot, A/F, are crucial to longevity as well. Catch a problem early and save your engine. :wavey:

9. VENOMOUS1 RACING

Don't copy me again...you hear? ;)

10. SIDE OILER

SIDE OILER New Member

Well, I think the main problem for me will be the timing. Since I'm running the Paxton "canned" tune I plan on running a few step cooler plug and 110 unleaded octane to try to keep the detonation in check. This would just be used in short bursts by a button and only a 50HP hit to start.

Well the truck "is what it is" (I hate using that term) a big fat pig with a big motor.. pointless but I love it. It will only be so fast like it or not.

I do need to check out the controller.

11. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

nos and Paxton? stock bottom end? have the $$ put back for a block

12. VENOMOUS1 RACING

I wouldn't use nitrous any other way. It's technology that's awesome!
    I'm from the ole school squeeze a button nitrous setup, but no longer would I ever do that again. I've heard if buttons sticking many times! That sux, although I never had that issue personally. A nitrous controller is a no brainer IMO! It's a must IMO! Most setup use only WOT switch to activate nitrous which is simple and works, but when you can adjust the specific RPM, hit, ramping of hit and even control of other accessories or a 2nd stage of nitrous as well ;):burnout:

13. tdamon30

tdamon30 New Member Supporting Member

Damn Scott now you got me scared. I call mine a daily driver, but it's more like every other day or so, it hardly ever goes into boost unless I meet a ricer at the red light, but now you got me scared and I'm considering ripping this thing out. I don't have that kind of cash to throw into forged internals, much less rebuilding the motor.

14. JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

with the Paxton or the roe, do a couple things

ditch the crappy fuel systems, install a good high pressure pump like aeromotive
    change out the injectors, drop the plugs a couple heat ranges
    get a good dyno tune, let it max out safely, then have your tuner drop it back a couple degrees

running around with it making all it can make is foolish, you may loose a few ponies but your still safe

add meth, but after the tune, don't tune it with the meth, do your tune then add meth, that way its used as it should be , a safety precaution,

keep an eye on the belts so forth and you can have miles of good fun with extra hp

those that go and want that extra "10", those will eventually have a few problems

15. VENOMOUS1 RACING

Sorry bro, my post wasnt to scare you, yet inform you on bad scenarios. Like you said, you're not boosting all day every day so you're gonna be fine. I agree to have tune checked and have gauges to monitor your engine's fuel, a/f, and boost and you'll be good. It's just not something you install and never monitor or keep eyes on. It's the best form if boost outside turbo so I have faith you'll be fine. Especially at 5lbs. That's always the problem is the inexpensive price of pulley swaps for more boost...then pow! Greed is usually what does these engines in. " just a couple more lbs of boost won't hurt" lmfao:burnout:

16. tdamon30

That's another thing I've been reading up on, install seems very simple, and I've seen a lot of debate on washer fluid versus the snow juice. I've also read about people using their washer fluid reservoir as the holding tank, what's the mileage of that scenario? Would I be looking at filling that up every other day? Week? Month?

17. VENOMOUS1 RACING

Washer reservoir is great for meth storage and should provide weeks of use but again, that depends on how often you boost to the actuation point of the meth. How long have you been boosted? Miles?

18. tdamon30

The supercharger was on it when I purchased it. I've put 34K miles on it, its reading 60800 miles right now.

19. VENOMOUS1 RACING

Case in point! :rock:

20. 58lymouth

58lymouth Full Access Member

Gen 1 hp upgrades

Can someone give me some advice on what I can do to get more up out of a. 04 srt10??