PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

A BBK, under-drive pulley and a 1/2 decent tune (We add more timing and trim A/F like most tuners do) will get you 40+ wheel in a Regular Cab (or Viper car).
We have done it several times...

Ronnie

Last edited:
Hey ya'll I'm getting a Viper truck within the next few weeks and I already wanna do some upgrades. I was hoping to get yalls opinion for what the best bang for your buck when it comes to tuners, exhaust, suspension etc. Thanks for any help.
-Chris
Oh, they're both QC's if that makes a difference.

Hi All. Posted this in another section but just saw this one and thought it may be a better place

Quick couple of questions...

I'm planning on doing a custom exhaust w/ side pipes on my SRT-10. All I have is a K&N and I'm wondering what size exhaust pipes would work best?. I believe most of the aftermarket piping is 3" so I was thinking of going with that. Stock piping (what is left of it) appears to be 2.5" or so. I need to all four cats in place. I don't plan on doing too many performance mods right now but probably down the road..

Second question is related to muffler choice. I like a pretty mellow sound that gets loud when you get on it so I was thinking of going with Magnaflow 24" mufflers. My question is: How much is HP/TQ affected by size of the muffler? If size makes a big difference, I'll probably go with smaller mufflers. Any suggestions?

what has worked best for me is the MagnaFlow cat-back system. that muffler has a built in X/H pipe in the muffler & seems to help keep the bottom end grunt up & talks real nice on top end. full 3" pipes with this set up also.

ran the PowerStick mufflers, full 3" & no X or H pipe. they are a great muffler. loud from the time ya start her to red line. bottom end did not feel as strong, but hit bout 4 grand & she would pull, hard

hope that helps???

ZCx said:
what has worked best for me is the MagnaFlow cat-back system. that muffler has a built in X/H pipe in the muffler & seems to help keep the bottom end grunt up & talks real nice on top end. full 3" pipes with this set up also.

ran the PowerStick mufflers, full 3" & no X or H pipe. they are a great muffler. loud from the time ya start her to red line. bottom end did not feel as strong, but hit bout 4 grand & she would pull, hard

hope that helps???

Is that a true dual exhaust setup?

the PowerSticks were.

don't think ya could call the MagnaFlow setup a true dual. since they meet & mingle in the muffler

Curiosity, I need some insight here. I have a 06 SRT10, 6 speed, Stock motor with a Paxton running the canned fat tune that they provide. Mopar performance long tube header no cats.

I want to hit it with a 75 shot of nitrous, I think the rule is every 50 HP is 1 degree of ignition retard. I'm thinking if I run a couple step cooler plug and 100 Octane I will be fine. Since the truck never hooks up, I will spray through 3-4 gear.
OR is there any way when I activate the nitrous retard the timing through the SCT?

any general thoughts.

A paxton with a stock engine is already at it's limits! go ahead ... add some juice.. tune or no tune it will go BOOM!!! knock knock!! clack clack !! hiss hiss !! bang!**** .......i m in a mood!!

Curiosity, I need some insight here. I have a 06 SRT10, 6 speed, Stock motor with a Paxton running the canned fat tune that they provide. Mopar performance long tube header no cats.

I want to hit it with a 75 shot of nitrous, I think the rule is every 50 HP is 1 degree of ignition retard. I'm thinking if I run a couple step cooler plug and 100 Octane I will be fine. Since the truck never hooks up, I will spray through 3-4 gear.
OR is there any way when I activate the nitrous retard the timing through the SCT?

any general thoughts.

I can provide you with a Mini Progressive controller that you can tailor the hit length, time, % of hit ramped, etc. You can set it up how you like. :rock:

A paxton with a stock engine is already at it's limits! go ahead ... add some juice.. tune or no tune it will go BOOM!!! knock knock!! clack clack !! hiss hiss !! bang!**** .......i m in a mood!!

That's not entirely true, but noted. The key is detonation.

What is your definition of limits? Lack of forged internals? Tuning? I'm just curious, I have 40K miles on my DD with everything stock but the Paxton.

He is talking power limits before internal parts start breaking. They can only take so much power no matter how safe it's tuned... They are quite like ticking time bombs.

Haven't dyno'd yet, I'm taking it to Torrie after I finish my 6 speed conversion. Just waiting on parts to come in. Right now, all I have is the Paxton, SCT, catless mids.

ok. you should have the same as me. I just upgraded my entire fuel system. it was running out of fuel at 5000 rpm and full boost.

ok. you should have the same as me. I just upgraded my entire fuel system. it was running out of fuel at 5000 rpm and full boost.

I'm still running the Paxton fuel pumps and just upgraded injectors. I'm more excited about the manual. I absolutely hate this 48RE.

What is your definition of limits? Lack of forged internals? Tuning? I'm just curious, I have 40K miles on my DD with everything stock but the Paxton.

I have heard arguments from both sides on the stock internal thing. I live right down the street from Arrow Racing. Dales says my motor will eventually come apart from the Paxton alone... it's only a matter of time. But than again I think he's lining me up for a $28,000 engine rebuild (screw that!!!! I'll rebuild it myself before I give money away)

On the other hand a buddy of mine from Texas has a twin turbo set up on his Viper.. stock internals, tune dyno blah blah blah. Well over a thousand HP and runs the Texas mile stuff for the past 2 years. He just pounds that thing and it has never failed.

So what's the big deal with a 50-75 shot of NOS?

Let's not forget about water/meth injection on supercharged engines... kinda doing the same thing as the NOS. That's permitable...? correct

Truly, the Paxton was the biggest disappointment for the money. I could of just put 150-175 shot of nitrous on demand with a press of a button for less than a thousand bucks. Additionally I'll take filling a bottle over the constant slipping belt, pressure leaks and full time engine wear.

Last edited:
I have heard arguments from both sides on the stock internal thing. I live right down the street from Arrow Racing. Dales says my motor will eventually come apart from the Paxton alone... it's only a matter of time. But than again I think he's lining me up for a $28,000 engine rebuild (screw that!!!! I'll rebuild it myself before I give money away)

On the other hand a buddy of mine from Texas has a twin turbo set up on his Viper.. stock internals, tune dyno blah blah blah. Well over a thousand HP and runs the Texas mile stuff for the past 2 years. He just pounds that thing and it has never failed.

So what's the big deal with a 50-75 shot of NOS?

Let's not forget about water/meth injection on supercharged engines... kinda doing the same thing as the NOS. That's permitable...? correct

Truly, the Paxton was the biggest disappointed for the money. I could of just put 150-175 shot of nitrous on demand with a press of a button for less than a thousand bucks. Additionally I'll take filling a bottle over the constant slipping belt, pressure leaks and full time engine wear.

What year is your buddies Viper? I would bet somewhere near a 96. :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back