PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

Any of our vendors is the best place to start. They offer all of said products I mentioned. :) Also, tony (JTSV) was kidding bud :laugh:, he's as friendly as they come and enjoys pulling yah legs! He has most of the stuff I mentioned and if he doesn't have it, can get it. He's good to cause you can email him 24/7 and he'll respond as the bastard never goes to sleep hahaha..........good luck with the mods and cheers from New Zealand. ;)

oh yeah.. I know... he can pull my legs and joke around all he wants... all I care about is my truck and its performance...besides the job and family of course...thanks for the tips and I am going to do it with gusto

with a QC you best bet performance wise is to get a sct tuner from [email protected]

CAI's dont add any hp, just bling, Justin has the best looking ones

throttle bodies, the single blads take away hp, right now cherry performance has the dual blade on group buy, it will make a few ponies

Long tube headers are rediculously high, but add a touch of power.

bissanni shorties are good but run about 2k

best bet is to go catless, a good tune, tuner, cat back of your choice, drop in filter

you should end up around the 470 to the ground markk, to get anything above that, you go internal or with headwork, intake work so on.

and then you can look at a really high 12 second ride but probably a low 13 second truck, right on the boarder

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
with a QC you best bet performance wise is to get a sct tuner from [email protected]

CAI's dont add any hp, just bling, Justin has the best looking ones

throttle bodies, the single blads take away hp, right now cherry performance has the dual blade on group buy, it will make a few ponies

Long tube headers are rediculously high, but add a touch of power.

bissanni shorties are good but run about 2k

best bet is to go catless, a good tune, tuner, cat back of your choice, drop in filter

you should end up around the 470 to the ground markk, to get anything above that, you go internal or with headwork, intake work so on.

and then you can look at a really high 12 second ride but probably a low 13 second truck, right on the boarder

Thank you good sir. The suggestions by everyone is greatly appreciated and I will work on it now and as I come back.

Tony has it nailed...

Thanks for being willing to serve on our behalf!

studerman said:
Thank you good sir. The suggestions by everyone is greatly appreciated and I will work on it now and as I come back.
Find a usd Paxton, like I did, for around 2500 - 3000, get a tuner, catless mid pipes, catback exhaust and you'll be at 550+ hp for under 5k. With a little help, you can do most of the install yourself. See you in Panama. :)

IH8CHVYS said:
I am wanting to switch to a roe vec III (i think anyway) is this going to be an easy switch out

I bought a used VEC III that I have not installed yet. The instrutions have you cut all the injector wires at the PCM. I saw on Ebay a jumper harness that goes between your PCM and wire harness so you can make all your connections at the jumper harness and not cut open the factory harness. I don't know if ROE sells this ,but I'm going to get one.
My question is ,can I put my stock PCM in with the VECIII or do I need the stage II to eliminate the torque management ect...?

spydertt said:
I bought a used VEC III that I have not installed yet. The instrutions have you cut all the injector wires at the PCM. I saw on Ebay a jumper harness that goes between your PCM and wire harness so you can make all your connections at the jumper harness and not cut open the factory harness. I don't know if ROE sells this ,but I'm going to get one.
My question is ,can I put my stock PCM in with the VECIII or do I need the stage II to eliminate the torque management ect...?
the vec doesnt control the tranny only fuel and timing, so yes you would have to have the pcm flashed, adn best while you are at it, have them turn the fan on at about 170

ok mr fix -it

what direction is the threads on a crank bolt ,,,just checking cause i cant get this one out ...biggest thing is i may have to strap it to my bench to get it out ;)

Ironhead said:
ok mr fix -it

what direction is the threads on a crank bolt ,,,just checking cause i cant get this one out ...biggest thing is i may have to strap it to my bench to get it out ;)
left to remove
right to tighten

Ironhead said:
i need a bigger cheater bar:mad:
probably an air gun, they have thread lock from factory, let me grab a crank and make doubley sure for ya buddy , but pretty sure it was the reg righty tighty lefty lucy

I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if a CAI is worth it? My truck is 100% stock (installing a Magnaflow exhaust this weekend that I got for a great deal). Do the CAI's make any extra HP? K&N claims 19 HP is this legit? BS?

Thanks!

05SRT-10Quad said:
I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know if a CAI is worth it? My truck is 100% stock (installing a Magnaflow exhaust this weekend that I got for a great deal). Do the CAI's make any extra HP? K&N claims 19 HP is this legit? BS?

Thanks!
bs;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

a drop in will give you as much gain as a cai, but the cai really jsut make the underhood look awesoem:rock:

but your not gonna gain but a couple hp from anything from a drop in to a cai to a volant

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back