PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

I have a question;

How much horsepower do I gain by putting a JTSVP sticker on the back glass of my truck?

Bill.:D

I am coming home from Korea last week of April. I have read and read and read on modifications and I want to do it as soon as I get home. I will have 4500-5000 dollars available and as with all things I will have to pay for installation as well. I would like help with a plan of action on how best to modify this truck.

I know I want to lower this truck 1/1.5" in the front to level in the rear. Beyond that I havent a clue.. I have heard exhaust, tune, CAI, NOS, etc etc. However, I have never driven on a track, other than offensive driving school while in the Army, dont know how to use nitrous, and really just want to keep my truck NA until I can afford a Supercharger or Turbo system, since STS has been ruled out by this crowd, and yall know best.

I am going to the PCB GTG in June, so I would like to have some stuff done to the truck before then....so I can be atleast in the same relative league as some members vs just bone stock. Would love to have a true 520+ at the wheels, but dont know if its possible without a SC or Turbo.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

last but not least, what type of HP can be expected with just traditional/ recommended mods?.

Oh BTW, its a 2006 SRT10, QC, 31000 miles.

Thanks

/r
Jason

Last edited:
studerman said:
I am coming home from Korea last week of April. I have read and read and read on modifications and I want to do it as soon as I get home. I will have 4500-5000 dollars available and as with all things I will have to pay for installation as well. I would like help with a plan of action on how best to modify this truck.

I know I want to lower this truck 1/1.5" in the front to level in the rear. Beyond that I havent a clue.. I have heard exhaust, tune, CAI, NOS, etc etc. However, I have never driven on a track, other than offensive driving school while in the Army, dont know how to use nitrous, and really just want to keep my truck NA until I can afford a Supercharger or Turbo system, since STS has been ruled out by this crowd, and yall know best.

I am going to the PCB GTG in June, so I would like to have some stuff done to the truck before then....so I can be atleast in the same relative league as some members vs just bone stock. Would love to have a true 520+ at the wheels, but dont know if its possible without a SC or Turbo.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

last but not least, what type of HP can be expected with just traditional/ recommended mods?.

Thanks

/r
Jason

RC or QC?

Use your money to forge the engine first. Then save up again and get yourself a power adder. ROE, Paxton, Procharger, Turbos, Nitrous, etc.

Thats what I would do.

studerman said:
my bad, just edited to include 06 srt10, QC, 31000 miles
Thanks,
/r

jason

Tony (JTSVP) can get you hooked up with the lowering kit.

A tune for sure man. Really wakes the QCs up:burnout: There should be a good selection of different exhaust set-ups at the g2g. Talk to the guys there, and go with what you like best. Definatly get rid of the cats... biggest bang for the buck mod out there.

You won't get 520rwhp NA unless you go with heads/cam, but it's cheaper to just get a blower. With all the bolt-ons, you should be around 470-480 at the wheels:dontknow: somewhere around there

Hi Jason, with (normal) bolt-ons, you'd be looking at around an 80-100hp increase over a stock set up at the flywheel. Around 480-500rwhp or around 580-600flywheel power. This figure depends on which companies you use as hp and torque increases vary from company to company and all trucks have different rwhp from the factory, some can be around 460rwhp, others can be in the low 400s, they all vary. You should have a go at installing these parts yourself. You'll be surprised just how easy it is. You'll save a lot of your money (1/3) and best of all you can stand back and say: "I did that". Normal bolt ons to gain the power increases above include:

Long Tube Headers
Catless Mid Pipes
Full 3" Exhaust
CAI + Catchcan
Larger Throttle Body
SCT or Stage2/3 Tune
Upgraded T-Stat
JTSV Coil Packs
New Spark Plugs
New Leads

2c

Carlwalski said:
Hi Jason, with (normal) bolt-ons, you'd be looking at around an 80-100hp increase over a stock set up at the flywheel. Around 480-500rwhp or around 580-600flywheel power. This figure depends on which companies you use as hp and torque increases vary from company to company and all trucks have different rwhp from the factory, some can be around 460rwhp, others can be in the low 400s, they all vary. You should have a go at installing these parts yourself. You'll be surprised just how easy it is. You'll save a lot of your money (1/3) and best of all you can stand back and say: "I did that". Normal bolt ons to gain the power increases above include:

Long Tube Headers
Catless Mid Pipes
Full 3" Exhaust
CAI + Catchcan
Larger Throttle Body
SCT or Stage2/3 Tune
Upgraded T-Stat
JTSV Coil Packs
New Spark Plugs
New Leads

2c

Looks like a pretty good list there Carl. Add some Caltracs and DRs:burnout:you should be good to go.

Carlwalski said:

Long Tube Headers
Catless Mid Pipes
Full 3" Exhaust
CAI + Catchcan
Larger Throttle Body
SCT or Stage2/3 Tune
Upgraded T-Stat
JTSV Coil Packs
New Spark Plugs
New Leads

2c

What companies do you recommend then...is there a one stop shop for purchasing these products?

haha... well I figure.. a vendor would base his business model on integrity, loyalty, honor, and customer service.

Second, vendors here I would hope would recommend products that actually perform up to the customers request and third, I would hope the members wouldnt lead one astray...

but most of all I dont want to waste money on worthless products so a cost basis for recommending products seems to be a means to an ends...

but I do get/see your point....

studerman said:
haha... well I figure.. a vendor would base his business model on integrity, loyalty, honor, and customer service.

Second, vendors here I would hope would recommend products that actually perform up to the customers request and third, I would hope the members wouldnt lead one astray...

but most of all I dont want to waste money on worthless products so a cost basis for recommending products seems to be a means to an ends...

but I do get/see your point....
LOLOL your screwed:p
wait till you get to panama:aetsch:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back