PERFORMANCE MODIFICTION QUESTIONS ANSWERED HERE

linemup said:
NOS!!!:rock:
That's what I'm thinking. I heard mixed good and possible bad. I'm
leaning toward it I just don't wanna blow up my engine.
Do they make a nos kit where the ports can be placed other than drilled into the intake manifold.

kickinassrt-10 said:
That's what I'm thinking. I heard mixed good and possible bad. I'm
leaning toward it I just don't wanna blow up my engine.
Do they make a nos kit where the ports can be placed other than drilled into the intake manifold.
Yes, most of the nozzles can be placed in the CAI near the throttle body

tranny

Stinker said:
let the guy take care of your tranny, but change the fluid often and keep the bands adjusted is my personal opinion.

but ge with NBT and have some spider gears cryoed, but with the auto i dont think you will have a prob with the rear axle right off

Any idea if we can adjust the transmission bands ourselves? When changing the fluid, is a flush the best option?

Anyone know if there are any other differences between the qc and rc blocks?

linemup said:
Anyone know if there are any other differences between the qc and rc blocks?
there is a ton of information about that, some actually dont have the dowls in the correct position to change to a manual, and some have had it drilled out, but the blocks are basically the same,

I have to find out for certain on the cranks tho,

I knew I had seen some info, I just couldn't find what I was looking for. I thought there was something about the cranks but I wanted to know what I was getting into.:D

Cranks are the same (year to year match). The 03's are the oddball that won't swap (easily) with the others. Correct me if I am wrong about that year though Stinker.....

rmdysrt said:
Any idea if we can adjust the transmission bands ourselves? When changing the fluid, is a flush the best option?
On the auto you can adjust the 1st band outside. All others are internal.
I like the idea of tapping nos intothe cai or even buy a TB and kill 2 birds 1 stone.
Now I just gotta figure out what I need from my buddys nitrous express kit he had in the Srt-8, to work in my truck.

pokeytemplar said:
Cranks are the same (year to year match). The 03's are the oddball that won't swap (easily) with the others. Correct me if I am wrong about that year though Stinker.....

I was wrong the oddball year is the 04. Sorry not getting enough sleep.:(
every year but the 04 has the crank position sensor in the middle of the crank. The 04's have the sensor moved to the flywheel assembly. I think "kyle's SRT10" did a swap like that. Try shooting him a pm.:dontknow:

pokeytemplar said:
I was wrong the oddball year is the 04. Sorry not getting enough sleep.:(
every year but the 04 has the crank position sensor in the middle of the crank. The 04's have the sensor moved to the flywheel assembly. I think "kyle's SRT10" did a swap like that. Try shooting him a pm.:dontknow:
thats what I have come up with so far

Okay I have a question.

Can someone please tell me what exactly an SCT Tuner will do?:confused: How does it affect the wear and tear on the motor? Is it worth the $$$ for the added performance? I understand it comes with different tunes if I buy it from Sean...what does each do? I know he is busy so I didnt want to bother him about this and thought I could get the info here.

I got smoked by a Lightning on the Interstate Sunday and was not happy about it. :mad: Of course then we get off at the same exit and I pull up next to him, give him his credit, and he tells me Viper Trucks suck and speeds off.:argh: Wish he would have rolled over like the often posted Red RC rollover video.

Can't afford turbo, NOS, or Supercharger so will this give me the extra get up and go I am looking for?

As long as you have a good tune, your motor will be fine. You'll feel the difference for sure:burnout:

Give Sean a call, tell him what mods you have, and you'll be good to go.

Need for Speed said:
Thanks...he knows my mods and gave me a price...I just want to know what exactly it does and how it works.

it re-programs ( tunes ) your computer ( PCM ) to go with your mod's/upgrades and take the factory restriction's off the truck

it was one of the BEST mods i did :) IMHO

My bad, should have read your post better... almost bed time for me.:goodnight:

The tuner will change your a/f and shift points, turn your fan on earlier, etc. You'll feel the difference more in a QC cause it'll also get rid of the TQ management.

Need for Speed said:
Thanks...he knows my mods and gave me a price...I just want to know what exactly it does and how it works.

As mentioned it removes some of the factory restrictions (esp. Torque Management), adjusts timing (advances), and alters fuel tables by reprogramming the factory e.c.u. It also changes how the e.c.u. reacts to the Air Intake Temperature and several other tweaks. I.M.H.O. it is a MUST DO MOD on the QC. You won't find a performance boost like this again for the money.
The engine will be fine; however it does keep the automatic busy looking after the increased load (especially that new 1-2 shift).

There are a LOT of things that can be changed (400+ of them), but those are best left up to your tuner of choice to decide on. You can have a Low-Octane tune, A Drag tune, Valet Tune or whatever you like. Talk to your tuner and let him know your elevation and the octane of fuel YOU will be using.

As far as shift points go and because Dodge gave us a 4 speed tranny with a 3 speed shifter, I had DC Performance extend the 3-4 shift to 125 m.p.h. (redline). That made a huge difference on the top end pull. It may be something you will want to do.

If you were racing a STOCK Lightning before, and you install your SCT, you should be able to see him in your mirrors when you race him again... :)

Ronnie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back