RC guys, how low do you go?

Not sure if anyone said it but lagging your engine is terrible!!! You are making spark knock and creating a nasty stress on internals and bearings doing this. Know what else? Your tranny, clutch and rear end hate it too!
Now I have seen this asked....why do this to your engine???
A comparison that anyone can relate to is your lawn mower. Normal grass cutting, its factory settings allow years of trouble free happiness. Take the same mower and try cutting a pasture or tall grass where you're bogging the engine continuously and that engine won't last a month! You feel the mower shake violently, just like lagging your truck in too high a gear.
:burnout:

I agree 100%
The drivetrain just doesn't "feel" right, if its not revving above 1100rpm while moving in gear.

I don't really care about mpg, thats why I have 3
SRT10s. I shift at 3k in every gear by the way...

I just start in 6th and feather the clutch for the first mile or two. Is that bad? :confused:

Not really, more like :burnout:

We don't buy and drive these trucks for MPG. They are absurd and awesome at once. Truck driving bliss.

I agree with the factual statements from dr. Viper. All you other idiots should keep your comments to yourself.

Last edited:
Ok. Since we r talkin speed in gears. Is it ok to downshift to first at the top end of the quarter mile to save my brake pads some?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Ok. Since we r talkin speed in gears. Is it ok to downshift to first at the top end of the quarter mile to save my brake pads some?

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

I think it'll be fine, make sure to get video for proof though

No it's lugging doing 600 rpm in gears, but I'll let y'all keep doing that and we'll just see the end results ;)

the end result is it's fine.

120k on my first motor with ZERO leaks... the first trans went in at 99k miles...

people need to learn how to drive is what needs to happen...

guess what else... i just towed my racecar to alabama today... using 6th gear the whole way... and got 14 calculated mpg doing it... and running around 75 the whole way...

just don't be a damn idiot when you're empty or loaded and don't stress your motor - if it sounds wrong, you're doing it wrong!!!

almost 70k on the new truck and i know for a fact it's towed a 20' enclosed car hauler;)

it's not uncommon for me to shift when the big trucks do leaving red lights - though sometimes it's because the person behind me pissed in my captain crunch berries:D

[insert gasps and internet freak outs]

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back