Sacramento May 9th

Trainman said:
I also set a new speed record for NA trucks, @ 115.887 mph. But the starting line would not allow a good launch as my best 60' all night was 1.81. My four runs were as follows: 12.35 @115.37, 12.40 @ 114.89, 12.42 @115.44 and 12.47 @115.887.

Great Job...BIG M.P.H. !!! All those "little" things DO add up...
1100' D.A. or so...??

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
Great Job...BIG M.P.H. !!! All those "little" things DO add up...
1100' D.A. or so...??
I don't know what the DA was , but I will check when I get home and post up the results in the racing section. The air was obviously real good as the truck felt very strong! When SRTBrad posts pictures you will see my little fog lamp covers that act as functional aerodynamics aid, I think that was the trick to adding over 2.5 mph to my previous best of 113.22 ( also set at Sacramento last year). New record 115.887 = 2.667 mph gain. Thanks for the tip DC Performance's Lyle.:rock: :rock:

Trainman said:
I don't know what the DA was , but I will check when I get home and post up the results in the racing section. The air was obviously real good as the truck felt very strong! When SRTBrad posts pictures you will see my little fog lamp covers that act as functional aerodynamics aid, I think that was the trick to adding over 2.5 mph to my previous best of 113.22 ( also set at Sacramento last year). New record 115.887 = 2.667 mph gain. Thanks for the tip DC Performance's Lyle.:rock: :rock:

What Day & TIME did you run? I can tell you what the DA was...
Again, a wicked M.P.H. !! Congrats!! I think that M.P.H. record may stand for a L-O-N-G time.....

Sorry I couldn't make it down there...

Ronnie

Last edited:
The last run (115.887 mph) was at 10PM on May9th. The temp according to the in cab temp indicator was 68 degrees.
Another difference to consider is the heavier flywheel over the Fidanza...maybe its hurting ET but helping on the high end.

Last edited:
Trainman said:
The last run (115.887 mph) was at 10PM on May9th. The temp according to the in cab temp indicator was 68 degrees.

516 feet @ 9:53 p.m. 64 degrees... pressure was 29.92
Good thought on the flywheel...

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
516 feet @ 9:53 p.m. 64 degrees... pressure was 29.92
Good thought on the flywheel...
The DA was 309 feet when I ran on Jan.17 at 3pm , temp was about the same and the run was 12.024 @ 112.58.

Trainman said:
The DA was 309 feet when I ran on Jan.17 at 3pm , temp was about the same and the run was 12.024 @ 112.58.

We are currently at 3750', which is quite good for here, with NO tracks open !!! :(

Last edited:
SrtBrad said:
I wanted to check in. I'm back at home for a 2 hours of sleep b4 the wedding job I'm doing today. I'll post up a little later tomorrow. Good to see everybody.:rock:

I remember wedding videos. We hit the 500 wedding mark about 6 years ago. They are grueling, which is why we don't do them anymore....the editing just kills ya..my wife managed the biz for 24 years which is an abnormally long time in that arena...kudos to ya for hanging in there!

Last edited:
It was really great to finally meet some of the guys. It's good to put faces on the screen names. haha. Good times... good effin times!

I wish I could have been there. But due to some issues I could not make it.

Brad, So far so good. It's still early so I am keeping it quite for now. Keeping the fingers crossed. Another test tomorrow.

Last edited:
NorCal SRT-10 said:
It was really great to finally meet some of the guys. It's good to put faces on the screen names. haha. Good times... good effin times!

Couldn't of said it better. Just wanted to pay a special thanks to Brad and "LB" for all the work they put in to this.

Brad, I'll email you some songs when I get home.

wyoramsrt-10 said:
I think Dom only got 4 passes in. His last one was the best I think:dontknow: It was high 11's, again I think:dontknow: Track prep was not the best. Plus Dom was just starting to get a good feel for the truck. I even spun out on my DR in a QC:mad:

But I did manage to get a 12.97 @ 109 mph on my last pass:rock:
bummer, bad track conditions & no new ET records....... :(

noid said:
I wish I could have been there. But due to some issues I could not make it.

Brad, So far so good. It's still early so I am keeping it quite for now. Keeping the fingers crossed. Another test tomorrow.
Best of luck Mike.:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :D

I need to thank fastbill for sending the banner down for the Sacramento g2g. It is now in the greasy hands of 505'sfastestviper, as he will be taking it to Panama City later on in the month.

just got home and flippen tireed another 18hrs of driving......i only made 3 passes 1st on 12.7 at 125 2.4 60 ft............2nd pass 14.0 att 88mph broke loose 9in third and shit myself because i almost hit tye wass third pass 1.7 60 ft 11.9 missed third at 111 mph truck is v3ery capable just have never been down the track in it need a good more ten passes.........great meetin everyone good night

NorCal SRT-10 said:
I need to thank fastbill for sending the banner down for the Sacramento g2g. It is now in the greasy hands of 505'sfastestviper, as he will be taking it to Panama City later on in the month.

No problem NorCal SRT-10... Whitesnake sent it out to me to take to a NE GTG, and was very happy to get it for that, so l was equally happy to get it out to someone else. Glad it got to you in time. Bill

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back