SoCal Fires

Django said:
.............A total asshole.......... ask any number of people here.....;)

D

I concur Captain...:withstupid::withstupid::withstupid::thefinger:

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Just checkin in on my buddies....Hope all is well and keep your roofs damp! Prayers....Prayers...and more Prayers coming your way!:)

Thanks, Kris.............. My roof is terra cotta tile.....

I'm going up right now and take a leak ......;)

D

Django said:
Thanks, Kris.............. My roof is terra cotta tile.....

I'm going up right now and take a leak ......;)

D

Well....Pee on the Stucco then!!!;):nurse::p:p:p

Nowwhat said:
The evacuation order for my area has just been lifted....

More gear is leaving to fight fires elsewhere......good luck to other areas....
Good news :rock:

Voodoo said:
wow, just got back rancho san diego and they say we are out of danger. the airport i work at has runway 27L closed down and have firefighting helicopters all lined up on the runway. boys sure are working there asses off :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:
Great news, thanks for letting us know :rock:

Django said:
I talked to Patrick...He's OK and not evacuated...........

Anyone got any marshmallows...?

D
Great news, and glad you and yours are OK too Tim :rock:

Things are finally looking up a little...

Take care folks a wind shift may help or hurt...

ntw0rk said:
Glad everyone is ok so far!!!

I will keep praying...

X2, prayers still coming....thoughts out to all of you peeps in SD...

Hope all is well. Had to take you off "IGNORE" to be sure you were ok.

The San Diego fires are now enormous, the amount of smoke visible from my place has probably increased tenfold in the last day. Last I heard they were saying somewhere around 600,000 acres have been burned and over a million people were displaced. Some areas have had the evac orders removed at least. There was only 1% containment the last that I heard.

The mountain fires are also still going strong, last I heard the Slide fire had 0% containment. This is the fire that was hitting Running Springs yesterday. I had heard that they were having more luck with the Grass Valley fire, which was the fire in the Arrowhead/Green Valley area, though I don't have any info on the actual containment figures.

Seems that they are having luck in some areas and others are not faring so well. It is still a very dangerous situation across Southern California.

OCBob said:
The San Diego fires are now enormous, the amount of smoke visible from my place has probably increased tenfold in the last day. Last I heard they were saying somewhere around 600,000 acres have been burned and over a million people were displaced. Some areas have had the evac orders removed at least. There was only 1% containment the last that I heard.

The mountain fires are also still going strong, last I heard the Slide fire had 0% containment. This is the fire that was hitting Running Springs yesterday. I had heard that they were having more luck with the Grass Valley fire, which was the fire in the Arrowhead/Green Valley area, though I don't have any info on the actual containment figures.

Seems that they are having luck in some areas and others are not faring so well. It is still a very dangerous situation across Southern California.
Thank You........Glad you are ok :D

Just saw some info on the mountain fires. The Grass Valley fire is 5% contained, 100+ homes destroyed. The Slide fire is 0% contained, 200+ homes destroyed. There are mandatory evacuations from Crestline to Snow Valley. Anyone that knows the mountains knows that is a huge area. Virtually the entire mountain, with the exception of Big Bear.

I am going to merge all these threads into one now, it will be easier to get info that way.

You know, I am impressed by the fact that, despite the enormity of these fires, and the high winds there has only been one fatality. (Prayers are with that family)

All of the homes, and cars can, and likely will, be replaced. The brush and trees will grow back in time. But it is great to know that there has not been a significant number of deaths, let alone injuries!

That is all....

Last I heard there were 5 fatalities in San Diego county, and a loss of 1250 homes in the county.

They are also reporting that the Green Valley and the Slide fire may have now combined and are moving away from the recent winds towards Big Bear. Last report was the fire line is approximately 2 miles from Big Bear. There appears to be some things in the firefighter's favor in keeping it from reaching Big Bear, including Hwy 18 and an area that was burned about a month ago.

Well, if there are 5 fatalities, I am truly sorry for the loss, but it's still a relatively low number.

CNN is only reporting one death, go figure...:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back