SoCal Fires

Man, that is awful. Please be safe everyone. :( :( :(

The evacuations have exceeded a half million people, including for the most part Camp Pendleton, home of a division of Marines. Only key personnel were to report for duty.

It also includes Fallbrook, another gem of SoCal, and there are reports of a major gas line running into Fallbrook that is on fire.

The numbers of people affected by this is already beyond comprehension and it continues to grow. The expectations at this point is that the wind will not cooperate until Thursday, I shudder to think what may happen by then. This is a true disaster.

OCBob said:
The evacuations have exceeded a half million people, including for the most part Camp Pendleton, home of a division of Marines. Only key personnel were to report for duty.

It also includes Fallbrook, another gem of SoCal, and there are reports of a major gas line running into Fallbrook that is on fire.

The numbers of people affected by this is already beyond comprehension and it continues to grow. The expectations at this point is that the wind will not cooperate until Thursday, I shudder to think what may happen by then. This is a true disaster.

My brain is still having a super hard time comprehending the magnitude of this disaster.

I feel so helpless. :eek:

My boss just flew back from LA yesterday, he said the turbulence was awful on the plane.

OCBob said:

I wonder if this is the worst natural disaster in California history?

You know, things are just crazy any more. I contacted the Red Cross, as I can take the day tomorrow to help out, doing whatever is needed for the folks affected by this. In order to help out though, I must complete an application, sit for an interview, and pass a background check. I just wanted to help get folks water or food or something. I will keep looking for a way to help, I'm just amazed that we run so scared these days that it is impossible to help when you want to.

OCBob said:

Yup, this is truly fkdup.......:mad:

I tried to call Patrick in the last hour.... Couldn't get thru...

D

Django said:
Yup, this is truly fkdup.......:mad:

I tried to call Patrick in the last hour.... Couldn't get thru...

D

Patrick is still online though.... FWIW

:eek:

I can see the smoke from the mountain fires now too. I hear that there is also a fire near Temecula now burning. We are getting close to sunset, that won't help.

The report of a fire near Temecula is unfounded.....

You can see the fires and smoke of the surrounding areas but there's no fire in Temecula that I've heard....

D

Django said:

You can see the fires and smoke of the surrounding areas but there's no fire in Temecula that I've heard....

D

The evening shots.(Backside of Arrowhead) More of our brave firefighters heading out, the last flight in and out ( thanks tanker guys):adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore: :D

thats good to hear mike, let us know if you need help with anything. by the way, i E-benz ok? I thought he lived not to far from you...

Django said:

D

its in the hills on the san diego county side of temecula, its near the weight station.............right now temecula is still being used as an evacuation zone so i would imagine we arent in trouble, but if the wind switches it could take it right into the valley near pechanga

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back